I would say clear cut favorites

103 Yenter

112 B. Ervin

119 Ruschell

125 Fahy

135 Cooper

152 C. Ervin

171 Jude

Of these I don't think there is anyone close to beating them.

Yenter has Blackwell at 103. With Brock as a training partner I'm sure Trae will now exactly what to do.

And one has to look at how impressive Chase Boone has been this year at 119. Ruschell is still the favorite but I wouldn't say clear cut.

Kevin Cooper is an amazing wrestler but saying he is an untouchable favorite like either of the Ervins is a major slap to the face of Brent Hitching and Keaton Thomas

i see fausz of campbell county beating boone, i dont think boone has much of a shot against ruschell , and i dont see hitchings giving cooper to big of a run for his money either , and garth i think being injured all year would be the only reason blackwell would give him a run for his money

Why would ray avoid Jude?  Ray is almost as strong and a much better wrestler. At 189 many guys stronger and harder to make it through entire field.  IMO ray beats Jude 8 out of 10 matches.

I know it is your opinion, but how is Ray a much better wrestler?

Yenter has Blackwell at 103. With Brock as a training partner I'm sure Trae will now exactly what to do.

And one has to look at how impressive Chase Boone has been this year at 119. Ruschell is still the favorite but I wouldn't say clear cut.

Kevin Cooper is an amazing wrestler but saying he is an untouchable favorite like either of the Ervins is a major slap to the face of Brent Hitching and Keaton Thomas

I know this is a whole new year, but let's examine last year's state tournament.

Yenter 19-2 over Blackwell.  I am sure the room down at Union will help Blackwell and Yenter has missed time due to medical reasons.  But 19-2 is a lot to make up.  He can pick Brock's brain all he wants, but you have to put the skills on the mat to make up that gap.

Boone 9-6 over Fausz and Ruschell 20-8 over Fausz (plus a 16-0 win earlier this year).  Ruschell is the top dog this year.

While I agree Cooper will have some tough, tough matches he beat Thomas 11-7 last season and came out of possibly the toughest quarter at state (with Thomas, Terry, and Troxell) to get to the final.  Which he very well could have won had he taken neutral rather than bottom against Palmer.

i think 130 and 125 and 119 will have some pretty intense good match ups, top 13 or 14 at 140 could all place , 125 i think supe will be in the finals against fahy and 119 boone and fausz i would really like to see in the semis again this year as well

I don't see a one kid at 145 simply dominating like some of the other weight classes have but if you throw in Whalen who wrestled 145 at LaFayette and Cole Proctor who I hear is cutting to 145, the top 4 or seems like a real meat

Once again IMO,  Ray is much better than Jude in neutral.  I believe he is a much better technician and doesn't give up enough strength to give Jude an advantage.  I think ray may win either class but 171 would be a much easier path.

newfan13

Just based on your name it is clear that you are making statements based on your feeling and emotions not facts.  The facts are simple Ray is a fine wrestler.  But he would not beat JJ 8/10 times.  f you review both of their high school state wrestling results it clear that Ray was over matched  his freshmen year going 2 and 2 and losing in the first round, while JJ finished 3rd.  JJ and Ray both finished 3rd last year.  I am sure if Ray though it was "easier at 171 he be there and he is not. 

I don't see a one kid at 145 simply dominating like some of the other weight classes have but if you throw in Whalen who wrestled 145 at LaFayette and Cole Proctor who I hear is cutting to 145, the top 4 or seems like a real meat

Im pretty sure troxell beat salyers at the region 8 duals this weekend to at 145...

newfan13

Just based on your name it is clear that you are making statements based on your feeling and emotions not facts.  The facts are simple Ray is a fine wrestler.  But he would not beat JJ 8/10 times.  f you review both of their high school state wrestling results it clear that Ray was over matched  his freshmen year going 2 and 2 and losing in the first round, while JJ finished 3rd.  JJ and Ray both finished 3rd last year.  I am sure if Ray though it was "easier at 171 he be there and he is not.

Incorrect my friend.  Ray is wrestling at 171.

Whalen did wrestle 145 at Lafayette this past weekend and beat Lane Jones in the semi finals. If it is true that Proctor is dropping to 145- that class becomes pretty tough. I am assuming that Troxell bumped up to wrestle Salyers in a dual, but if Troxell goes 145...that would make it one tough weight class to win.  Granted, I haven't seen Caddell from Whitley wrestle this year.

Whalen did wrestle 145 at Lafayette this past weekend and beat Lane Jones in the semi finals. If it is true that Proctor is dropping to 145- that class becomes pretty tough. I am assuming that Troxell bumped up to wrestle Salyers in a dual, but if Troxell goes 145...that would make it one tough weight class to win.  Granted, I haven't seen Caddell from Whitley wrestle this year.

The infamous Duncan Caddell, anybody remember that?

The infamous Duncan Caddell, anybody remember that?

I'll make an appearance on here just for the sake of saying that I miss the "infamous" ones. Like Duncan and Liebrum. lol. Those were some good times.