Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2010/2011 - JANUARY 4

Hey ranger, great rankings as always, just a couple of quick details from Oldham Ccounty for your rankings

-John Shirkey dropped to 112 and will be active there at TCI

-Conner Wilkerson is trying to drop to 103

-Cody Bishop (Ranked 17 at 52) dropped to 40

Thanks as always!

Billy moore from Ohio decisioned Gabe Ervin from union 6-2 at their tridual today. Billy controlled the entire match and almost pinned him at one point.  I'd say Billy is one of the most underrated wrestlers in the state.

Got any other results?

Some info for consideration on rankings...

112: Nick Coffell of Central Hardin beat Bradley Pokuta of North Hardin (ranked 21) 11-7

Earlier in the season at Super Duals he pinned Lance Kelly of Meade County (ranked 17)

103: Me, Jared Coffell  of Central Hardin beat Marcuz Bucerzan of Franklin County (ranked 23)  17-9 at Woodford County and beat Chris McKenna of South Oldham (ranked 16) 7-3 to get 5th place.  I Also pinned Austin Miller of DeSales (ranked 23 at 112), if that is who I wrestled. But I am currently not Varsity though, lost my wrestle off in 2OT.

But just some info for the rankings. They look good. :-)

"But I am currently not Varsity though, lost my wrestle off in 2OT."

If you're not varsity, I doubt Ranger will put you in the rankings.

I know I was just giving some info.

I'm not expecting to be put in rankings anyways.

It's okay guys.  No one needs to get offended.  I think Josh was just communicating a fact that has been discussed in the past, that only 1 guy per team per weight will be ranked because that is all will be wrestling at region.

Ranger - I'm curious...for the teams that wrestle out of state a good part of the season, how do those results impact the rankings?

Ranger - I'm curious...for the teams that wrestle out of state a good part of the season, how do those results impact the rankings?

It depends.  Events like the GMVWA in Dayton that I know well give me more information than others.  And when multiple KY teams are in the event then I get a better reference.  If Simon Kenton goes to the XYZ Invitational and finishes 2nd with 6 champs it doesn't tell me a lot if I don't have any information on the other teams.  Ryle 2nd at GMVWA was amazing to me.

At tates creek lacy from Laf dropped, looked good and pinned Whitley in finals. Salyers beat in a heated finals match by whitley. And wyatt lost in finals to hanley.

ANY CHANCE FOR A RANKINGS UPDATE NOW THAT THE RESULTS FROM W.C.I., T.C.I. AND JCTOC HAVE BEEN POSTED. LOOKS LIKE SOME RANKING BUSTING MATCHES HAPPENED AT THESE TOURNAMENTS

:wink:

Should be posted some time today.  You are right; a lot of shakeups.