Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List

Okay, I'm caving a bit.  Now that I have seen a few more MS teams and kids, I decided I would start a list of the kids that I think will be a major factor at the end of the year.  This IS NOT a ranking of the kids.  I will list who I see as the favorite (if I see one) and others that I see challenging for a spot on the podium.  There are still a ton of kids and teams I haven't seen, so let me know who I'm missing.  Here goes nothing (and I'm sure some of you will say that is exactly what it is worth)!

70 Favorites: Corey Jacobs (Elkhorn)

Contenders: Nick Wise (East Oldham), Blake Roth (Walton), Tanner Yenter (Campbell Co), Saul Ervin (Union Co), Blake Roth (Walton), Joey Roberts (Woodford Co)

A lot of young talent here.

75 Favorites: Jake Burroughs (North Hardin)/Bryce Scheffer (Union Co)/Brady Wells (Campbell Co.)

Contender:  Michael Martin (Walton), Ian Creech (Walton), Dustin Creech (Twenhofel), Jack Fallon (Woodford Co), Zane Brown (Trinity)

The top 3 at 70 last season will battle it out at 75 this season.

82 Favorite: AJ Bindner (North Oldham) - I don't see anyone touching him right now.

Contenders: Derek Wiley (Conner), Trent Johnson (North Hardin), French Golden (Gray), Nathan Lopez (Harrison Co.), Chance Oxford (Union Co)

89 Favorite: Logan Erdman (Gray)

Contenders: Ben Barton (Trinity), Jorge Vega (Fern Creek), Mikey Meyer (Walton), Dallas Miles (River City), Tucker Hurst (Woodford Co)

96 Favorite: Hudson Heidorf (North Oldham)

Contender: Jacob Erdman (Gray), Brady Emerson (Oldham Co), Geordan Blanton (Johnson Co),

103 Favorite: Bryan Spahr (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Matthew Goshorn (Conner), Robert Smith (Union Co), Elijah Owens (Summit View)

110 Favorite: John Shirkey (East Oldham)

Contenders: Andy Wilson (Conner)

117 Favorite: John Belk (Gray)

Contenders: Michael Grandstaff (Conner), Terrell Roberts (Harrison Co.)

124 Favorite: Tyler Frankrone (River City)

Contenders: Jackson Oxford (Union Co), Logan Winkler (Twenhofel), Jordan Metts (Elkhorn), Jeremy Brandsetter (Conner)

131 Favorite: Mikey Smith (Moore)

Contender: Dominic Lampe (River City), Christian Ricketson (Union Co)

140 Favorite: Johnny Meiman (Gray)

Contenders:

150 Favorite: Eli Matthews (Campbell Co)

Contenders: John Green (Lafayette), Mason Ray (Larue Co)

165 Favorite: Steven Brown (Larue Co)

Contenders: Jacob Navey (Walton), Robert Metz (Campbell Co), Jacob Warwick (Conner)

185 Favorite: Tommy Underwood (North Hardin)

Good start Ranger,here is a kid to watch for also-Keegan Duncan from N.Oldham @ 110.He has a way to go to beat Shirkey but I can see him making a run at 2nd.

The site won't allow me to edit my post right now so I will simply reply with my newest additions.

75 Contender Jack Fallon (Woodford Co)

82 Contender Chance Oxford (Union Co)

89 Contender Mike Meyer (Walton), Tucker Hurst (Woodford Co)

96 Contender Grant Farwick (Walton)

they have wrestled twice with aj winning 10-1 and murphy winning 5-0.Murphy finished 4th at last years Cliff Keene kick off classic,a very tough youth tournament.

Here is four more kids:

89- Jordan Monroe Con- Only loss to  Hurst from Woodford 9-8 first tournament of the season and hands down the most improved young man on our wrestling team so far this year.

110- Andy Wilson Con

117- Michael Grandstaff Con-  Been at 124 all year and making the cut to 117, only loss is to Woodford County's 124. Pinned Lampe over the summer in a tournament, was winning 8-0 before the pin.

165- Jacob Warwick Con Finished 4th in state last year at 140 only loss to Metz at Conference.

Also Scaggs is going 89 from what his coach has told me.

Saturday we should see the match up between Wiley and Binder

Good job so far! Keep'em coming

Would of loved to see Granstaff and Belk wrestle at Ryle last night.  Belk was called out to wrestle Branstater in a exhibition.  Belk pinned him in at the beginning of the third period, and then went to wrestle varsity at 126 and beat the Turpin kid.  I think it would of been a good one.  Can't wait till districts.

North Oldhams tournament this week is shaping up to be a good one.It is a bracket format so alot of good matches will take place.The one that sticks out the most to me is at 89,if Erdman was there it would look like the state tourn.It might just have 4 placers(behind Erdman) in it.You have Monroe(conner),Skaggs(Turkeyfoot),Barton(Trinity),Hurst(Woodford),Vega(Fern Creek),Wilson(South Oldham),Baker(Anderson)and a couple more good kids.Should be fun to watch.And just before the finals at 89,you could see a possible state championship match between Bindner and Wiley.The Hwy wt. bracket looks  good also.

Ranger, any list changes?  I know you have some thoughts.

Oh yeah, plenty.  BUT, I will reserve any updates until I get to see all of the district results.  Then I will have one more update heading into state.

Just for. hmmmm... how should i say this... spits and giggles. (this is all sarcasm for you people that take things to seriously on here!) Ranger I say we put rankings for referres, crowd noise via team cheering section, and coaches. I would love to see parents get more serious (preferably an mma type aggressiveness. possibly fights), and coaches using solid technique in the corner (great hand gestures, never counting the kids out of it, loss of voice after the first match, and great footwork.) The grading goes by - Referres = whistle noise, communication with wrestlers, and when he makes an arguable call and the opposing coach argues he puts his hand up palm first and states "talk to the hand sir" - Parents/Teams Fan Base = Foam Fingers with instead of the 1 finger it holds up 2 fingers everytime they think there is a takedown, clapping after a kid gets up from injury, and chants/stomps. Coaches = gameplanning, amount of arguing over calls, loss of voice, and audibles during and before field of play/mat of play. Audibles must look/resemble Peyton Manning. What do you think ranger??

I made some updates based on the district results and seeing the weight where some kids landed.  Some districts were pretty thin.  Region will sort a lot out this weekend, but it looks like we should see some very competitive weight classes on Feb 5.

No love for J. Kline out of Trigg @ 96.???..  He beat Robert ( Smith union )@ Christian Co. over christmas break and got MOW @ District

Did not know that.  Will reflect that in the next update.

Keegan Duncan from North Oldham (110) put the hurtin' on Andy Wilson/Connor at the North Oldham tournament - I know you like the kid, but I'm not seeing him placing any higher than 3rd.

Not sure what you mean by "I like the kid".  Listing him as a contender doesn't mean I think he will necessarily be 2nd.  All being on the list means is that I think they will contend for a spot on the podium.