Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

Hey Ranger, We Need You!!!!

I know your slammed with the high school rankings, and I'm sure that all you want is something else on your plate, but hear me out. I know that individual middle school rankings would be near impossible, but how about a biweekly top 10 for the teams. For 1, I think it would give us something fun to talk about and for 2, with your accuracy with HS teams, it would neat to see what you think about the middle school teams as well. Anyone else reading this, what do you guys think? Should Ranger do it? As a matter of fact, if anyone else has a top 10, lets hear them!

I have considered it.  But as you mention, middle school is SO much less predictable.  But it could be done.  Plus, let's just say I am following middle school more than ever.  The problem is that you really have to go through the individual exercise to have a clue on the teams.  We will see.  Maybe in the coming weeks I will throw out a top 10.

Ranger123,

I've always been impressed with your HS rankings and have to hand it to you for being as accurate as you are. I would love to see a top 10 biweekly list. I keep up with the high school but spend much more of my time with middle school so it would be something fun to discuss and aspire to be included in.

I'm not prepared to do any rankings yet, plus we need to see a little more from these young guys, but here are some names that I have on my list for consideration (in no particular order).  Since we don't have grades on the brackets from last year, so I'm only listing guys I know are back.  Let me know the kids I am missing, especially any returning placers.

70 Yenter (campbell)

75 Burroughs (north hardin), Scheffer (union), Jacobs (elkhorn)

82 Bindner (north oldham), Wiley (conner), Vega (fern creek), Wells (campbell), Johnson (north hardin)

89 L. Erdman (gray)

96 Skaggs (turkeyfoot), Goshorn (conner)

103 Spahr (campbell), J. Erdman (gray)

... (not sure about these weights in the middle)

150 Matthews (campbell)

Conner will wrestle Twenhofel on Friday, so I can let you know what they have after that date.

Ranger123- Good luck with middle school rankings, their gonna be darn near impossible. But like the start. If it helps I can send you all of Conner's results to atleast keep you informed on one Northern Kentucky team

Last years placers which will return for Union are: Sheffer, Smith and Oxford.

I've heard Smith is around 103.  Will he be competing at 103 for MS?  I'm assuming Sheffer is about 75.  No idea on Oxford.

I know there are several kids that are in the Northern KY area that I'm sure you'll hear about more as the season goes. Gray has a strong class of kids with the Erdmans, Meiman, Rich and Belk. I'm sure there are others on this squad that I haven't mentioned Just can't recall their names. Turkfoot has Scaggs, not sure who else is on that team, but usually has several kids that will come after you. Campbell County is always loaded with tough kids (Wells, Yenter, Matthews, Spahr and Moore) . Walton Verona has a bunch of kids that will make some noise, Mike Meyer, Peace, Blake Roth, Michael Martin, Farwick, Trosper. Conner has several kids like Wilson, Wiley, Brandstetter and Goshorn. I'm sure I have missed others. All these kids will be fun to watch. I wish them all well. Good Luck NKY KIDS!!!!!

Maybe Wells will go down and make things interesting. Heard he's only weighing 78.  Interested in seeing Burroughs this year.  He's very technical.  Any of those 3 could win it.