Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle school wrestlers moving up

What 8th graders from last year will be moving up and making an impact on the high school scene this year?  I'm not sure all of these guys were 8th graders, but they might be kids I need to consider in the rankings.  There are a bunch of state champs that I'm not sure about.

Connor Wilkenson EAST OLDHAM - finished 3rd and beat #10 Auxier from JC

Hudson Heidorf RIVER CITY - finished 4th, I assume is a St X bound kid

Jackson Oxford UNION - 3rd behind Lampe and Kahl, but word is Blackwell will be there 103, maybe Oxford is 112?

Tyler Frankron RIVER CITY - state champ, where does he fit in the lineup for St X?

Josh Jude JOHNSON - 4th, maybe at 125 for JC

Jordan Young JOHNSON - runner up at 124, maybe he is at 125 for JC

Ryan Bunch OHIO - 4th, don't know anything about him

Nathan Cox ANDERSON - 3rd, same as Bunch

Darion Coleman MADISON - state champ, has to make the lineup for a relatively new team

Devin Smith UNION - state champ, Union appears to be pretty deep in the middle of their lineup

Storm Savage MADISON - runner up, see Coleman above, Madison has the makings of a solid lineup

Joe Gaines UNION - state champ, see Smith above

Darius Parrot NH - runner up, could fit in nicely at 189

Derek Hicks TWEN - 3rd, maybe at 189 for SK?

Trevor Thompson CONNER - state champ, 189 or 215?

Crocket Crosby ANDERSON - state champ, appears to be a beast, but how good is he at the HS level?

Crockett Cosby  not Crosby  sorry dont mean to nit pick

Man, I was looking right at the state bracket when I typed that.  I guess old age is affecting more than just my wrestling.  :-(  That or dealing with stinking youth football issues is driving me totally INSANE!!!  :cry:

Crockett Cosby  not Crosby  sorry dont mean to nit pick

You're allowed to nit pick, but you have to give me your thoughts on the kid.  Will he be competitive at the high school level or will it take a couple years for him to catch up to the older boys and develop?

Jason Hall from Moore, region 4 103lb champ, He got#14 Shirkey at Oldham Super Duals, Wilkerson at Regionals,#10 Auxier at Mustang Classic and placed 4th at J.C.T.O.C. This kid will make an impact, has a lot to learn but very aggressive

Hiedorf  is going to North Oldham middle,him and AJ  Bindner are both going there and are in 7th grade this year. Tyler Frankrone, I am pretty sure is just going into 7th grade.

Hiedorf  is going to North Oldham middle,him and AJ  Bindner are both going there and are in 7th grade this year. Tyler Frankrone, I am pretty sure is just going into 7th grade.

Will they wrestle and compete with NO or continue to wrestle with their clubs?

I did not realize Frankrone was that young.  Definitely someone to watch for if he continues to learn and develop.

Kolton Hansgen (Crosby) 3rd at 135 or 140.

Very raw going into his second season.  Freshman this year that has the power to compete in HS if he can find a spot at Eastern.

Crockett will be tough He is a very hardnosed kid who will develope into a great wrestler Strong as an ox quick as can be and a very quick learner  Plus has that very rare quality of having a great work ethic and is also very very coachable  I wouldnt be surprised to see him make an impact this year

Will they wrestle and compete with NO or continue to wrestle with their clubs.  I am not sure what they are doing just yet.       

Ranger,  you forgot Mitch Rush at North Oldham who earned a forth place medal at the big dance in Frackfort.

I think he is only asking about the one's that he doesn't know much about or that he isn't sure where they fit in their team's lineup.  Rusch is already ranked #7 at 112, and a number of other freshmen that he didn't mention are already ranked as well.