• Union
    • Johnson Central
    • Larue
    • Campbell County
    • Wayne
    • John Hardin
    • St. X
    • North Hardin

I agree.  I'll be looking for Brock to be Kentucky's first 5-time state champ. 

As for Hall: I was extremely impressed with his composure after the match.  I did not agree with the officiating on that match, and I doubt Hall did either, but the way he handled himself was nothing short of amazing. 

It was 4-2 with about 3 seconds left, before that controversial takedown.  I think a lot of the crowd thought that the takedown had been awarded to Hall, and that the match was going into OT. 

From where i was it didnt sound like the ryle fans were booing. i think they were chanting twooooooooo in reference to myrons 2nd state title! I think all of this was just a miss communication in the after math of such a highly anticipated match-up

Ryle and pretty much the entire stadium were booing the call, not Bradbury.  I was confused because I thought that they had awarded the points to the wrong wrestler and Bradbury's reaction was one of anger, not celebration.  I would definitely say that there were some controversial calls throughout the entire match, and not a single one favored Hall.  But that questionable takedown with just a few seconds left and Bradbury's reaction after it was the weirdest of the night. 

I'm kind of split in my decision on the Bradbury / Hall match ,  Yeah, Bradbury released emotions, and even his coach was beside himself and embarrased , you can see that on the replay.  I thought he should have handled it better.

I was sitting right next to the Ryle crowd and heard things from the fans during the match that was unacceptable , and even pitiful, the boos didn't just come from a bad call , I heard them and saw them booing when they announced his name in the face offs, and I'm sure Myron did too.

As far as Mark Hall.. wow what a kid, great attitude  and wrestler, I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope he stays in Ky , if youre worried about beating  him , you should be  he will only make you work harder.

You kids that are reading this .. you are under the microscope whether you want to or not, and how you react on the mat is amplified by the spectators who are full of testostone or hormones and have been sitting there all day waiting for someone to screw up , so if you don't want people talking crap about you , take a second and think before you react.

Other kids I noticed that won with class were

Kevin Cooper, John Lampe, Grant Olhmann, John Fayhy, and Brock Ervin.. I'm not a fan of all the fist pumping and screaming, but I totally understand the release of emotion and pressure and don't blame them at all

Good to see the Marines there with the chin up contest too, I had more fun watching those kids and even a few older people taking part in the4 challenge.. I only got 4, but I am carrying a Keg in my belly so thats equal to 20 at least

Great tournament-

Brock Ervin is a beast.

Nice to see Ohlman's victory; he's a hard working kid.

Palmer's accomplishments were something else too.

Lampe's win was well-deserved too; he is one of the hardest workers in wrestling and a great young man; no showboating after his matches.

Fahy calm and collected as always.

Lots of wrestling with a lot of heart. Broussard wrestled better than I've seen him wrestle before.

A pleasure to see Johnson back on top.

Overall, a good night for KY wrestling.

I don't think Ryle was booing Myron.  If you watch the video from ihigh even the commentators acknowledge that the fans didn't like the calls.  In watching the clip it was very obvious.

How would Myron know they were booing the refs?

I never said that Myron knew that.  But there is a big difference between booing a call and booing a person.  I was pointing out that the negativity was to the call, not the wrestler. 

I think that Myron thought we were booing him, he seemed to be having a bit of a Brock Lesnar movement when he was pumping his arms at the crowd.

But like I said earlier ive seen that ref make the same calls before, and he was booed again when he reffed a later match but not to the extent of the Hall and Bradbury match

To change the topic, i would like to say congratulations to my team.

We brought 7 wrestlers to the state tournament. 2 of them went two and out and didn't get any points.

So essentially, we placed 12th as a team with 5 wrestlers. 4 of them placing. A strong finish to a very tough and rebuilding year for us.

(Only 1 placer is graduating)

I never said that Myron knew that.  But there is a big difference between booing a call and booing a person.  I was pointing out that the negativity was to the call, not the wrestler.

I think he deserves a pass on his emotional display.

To change the topic, i would like to say congratulations to my team.

We brought 7 wrestlers to the state tournament. 2 of them went two and out and didn't get any points.

So essentially, we placed 12th as a team with 5 wrestlers. 4 of them placing. A strong finish to a very tough and rebuilding year for us.

(Only 1 placer is graduating)

No doubt South did a great job.  So did North with 3 placers!  OC didn't have that good a year with only 1 placer.  Out of the 8 placers from the Oldham Co school, I believe only two graduate Thomson from North and Warren from South.

A shocker from the Oldham Co schools I think was Mitch Rusch placing 4th as an 8th grader.  I figured he had a good shot, but I definantly didn't see him placing that high!

I've never been a big fan of big celebrations... I find them disrespectful of the opponent.  That guy just lost a match and I'm sure is feeling very bad... this just rubs it in their face.  I understand emotion and excitement of winning... particularly a State Title... and understand if there is a raised fist, number one, ect. but throwing headgear, etc. is unacceptable.  I applaude Coach Brown for having Myron apologize to Hall and the Ryle Coaches... good lesson for Myron and what a class act Coach Brown.  Congrats to Myron... I am quite sure he has worked hard for the title.    Congrats also to Mark Hall.  What an impressive kid.  12 years old, moves away from his friends and from what I understand has fit in really well with his teammates, demonstrates only maturity and class on and off the mat.  Great job Mom and Dad!