Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2010 State Tournament Rankings - February 16

does anyone one no the points made from each region????

How could  Region 7 be so high the didn't even have a team in the top 10

Surprizing to see region so low with 3 teams in the top to.

1.  Trinity (Louisville) 232.00          4 Region

2.  Ryle 204.00                                6 Region

3.  Union County 129.00                1 Region

4.  Johnson Central 128.50            8 Region

5.  LaRue County 120.00                2 Region

6.  Campbell County 117.50            6 Region

7.  Wayne County 116.00              8 Region

8.  John Hardin 99.00                      2 Region

9.  St. Xavier 84.00                        4  Region

10.  North Hardin 78.50                  2 Region

Rangers rankings before state.

Region Rankings (state scoring)

Region 6 - 525

Region 7 - 456

Region 8 - 450

Region 4 - 372

Region 2 - 362

Region 5 - 277

Region 1 - 277

Region 3 - 181

because in region 7 the wealth is spread throughout the region and not concentrated on 1 or 2 teams that get a cake walk thru regions and qualify everyone.

That type of logic may make a person  feel better about themselves, but it won't help them win state.

That type of logic may make a person  feel better about themselves, but it won't help them win state.

That is why there is so much talk of realignment. Some regions are brutal others are terrible. It doesn't diminish what Trinity did, no reason to take offense, but the above poster is telling the truth. Outside of Bryan Station, everyone in Region 7 fields nearly complete teams, the only other region I can think of that is similar is Region 6, but even Region 6 has four or five teams really light on numbers, but their upper tier teams are very good.

Then why would Region two have three of the top ten TEAMS, not just a few good kids.

I'd have to saw, I'm impressed by any region can get three teams in the top ten.

They may not have the most state champions or be the best teams: Trinity, Ryle, Union ect.. but them seem to be one of the stronger regions from a team aspect. Maybe its called balance :wink:

That is why there is so much talk of realignment. Some regions are brutal others are terrible. It doesn't diminish what Trinity did, no reason to take offense, but the above poster is telling the truth. Outside of Bryan Station, everyone in Region 7 fields nearly complete teams, the only other region I can think of that is similar is Region 6, but even Region 6 has four or five teams really light on numbers, but their upper tier teams are very good.

I'm not offended by it. It just sounds like an excuse.

I don't think anyone reallycake-walks to state. Qualifying for state is pretty much an individual thing and the top 4 go - regardless of what team you're on. Like Hardy Hendren from Kentucky Country Day that is literally a one-man team, practices with ST.X (a real class act on their part), won  the 5th Region at 152 and went to state and got 7th place. Alone he tied two other schools on team points and beat 20 others. He had a lot more reasons than anyone I can think of not to be a successful wrestler.

My point was only that blaming your results on your region,or your team,coach or girlfriend for that matter won't go very far in making you successful - at wrestling or in life. 

Ok, Ranger, you are all ready behind! Where are the pre- preseason rankings ? :wink:

Oh don't make me laugh.  I didn't get out of the Civic Center until about 8 last night.  And now I have to spend every waking moment trying to catch up on my work (the job that pays the bills) and masters classes.  BUT, don't fret.  I'm sure after a week or so, I will get the bug again, or get bored sitting in a hotel on a business trip, and get the preseason stuff put together.

at 135

Willy Jenkinson 10th grade from Daviess County beat 16th ranked Jimmy Preston 10th grade (i think) from Johnson Central 4-3 at state

Yeah he did. And then got majored by Beto(Danville), and pinned by Lilly(And Co). I think Rankings should start being just the top 10 and a lot of posts like these would die down.

:-o :-o :-o

189 Evan Gray Record: 0- 2

Result Opponent         School                 How

Lost  Micah Crutcher Christian County Fall 3:49

Lost         Justin Smith         Bullitt East         Fall 2:34

Yeah, how was he overlooked? i beat him first round.. i only wrestled since regional duals this year and wrestled 189 because we didnt have one, only weighing 166.

Yeah he did. And then got majored by Beto(Danville), and pinned by Lilly(And Co). I think Rankings should start being just the top 10 and a lot of posts like these would die down.

i was just saying trying to help ranger out i know what the results were, no need to be mean about it, and just doing the top 10 may be a good idea, but im pretty happy with the way it is now

i was just saying trying to help ranger out i know what the results were, no need to be mean about it, and just doing the top 10 may be a good idea, but im pretty happy with the way it is now

That's my point exactly, You knew what the results were but only posted the one that involved him beating a ranked opponent and not the 2 matches that he lost to lower ranked people.

at 135

Willy Jenkinson 10th grade from Daviess County beat 16th ranked Jimmy Preston 10th grade (i think) from Johnson Central 4-3 at state

Jimmy Preston was listed as a 10th grader at the state tournament but he is a 9th grader.

the overlooking came from the the rankings prior to wrestling at state.  The only reason I said he was overlooked was because they had a kid who wasn't even wrestling ranked and Evan not. Evan didn't have a great year but 1st year back in two years and making state was a pretty big accomplishment. thought it should have been recognized. it should be recognized for anyone  making state. even if its ranking everyone in the weight class. gives the boys a goal to see their name and know what they have to do to get better. Its called motivation. 

Yeah, how was he overlooked? i beat him first round.. i only wrestled since regional duals this year and wrestled 189 because we didnt have one, only weighing 166.

I personally wouldnt bring up a controversial win, I would hate winning off of a locking hands call myself.

I personally wouldnt bring up a controversial win, I would hate winning off of a locking hands call myself.

yeah but he was locking his hands just holding me by my ankle stalling all 3 periods, i dont see why the ref didnt call it earlier, hes a great wrestler but im not really happy with that match, maybe i did get lucky, but thats how it happened, but yeah it was controversial, and i aplogize for bringing it up

After getting beat in the first match, Preston actually wrested back pretty tough, finishing one match away from the medals as a freshman.  He had two very nice come from behind pins and a tight win before finally losing to a tough wrestler in Honeycutt.  I look for him to have a big year next season.

As for the Jenkinson, any time and any way you beat a #1 seed as a #4 seed at the state tournament it is a big win and a big accomplishment.  That happened a couple of time this year, and I think the fact that the first round getting more competitive is a sign that Kentucky wrestling is getting a little better and a little deeper.