Sign in to follow this  
eaglewrestler12

Finals Predictions

AARON BACK 152 I coached him in INDIANA hated to loose him

he will be your champ :mrgreen:

Are you talking about Mark Back. I don't see any Aaron Back at 152.

If you were seeding what would you do with the 130's in Region 6?

Palmer lost to Cooper in Regional

Cooper lost to Palmer earlier in the year

Supe lost to both but could easily be top 4. 

If you only seed regional champs then you don't seed Palmer or Supe. 

An impossible task.  Regional seeding meetings take up to 3 hours to complete and have seen them go as long as 4 hours.  Could you imagine the state seed meeting.  (Better gets some cots and lots of food for this three day event)

If you were seeding what would you do with the 130's in Region 6?

Osborne lost to Cooper in Regional

Cooper lost to Osborne earlier in the year

Supe lost to both but could easily be top 4. 

If you only seed regional champs then you don't seed Osborne or Supe. 

An impossible task.  Regional seeding meetings take up to 3 hours to complete and have seen them go as long as 4 hours.  Could you imagine the state seed meeting.  (Better gets some cots and lots of food for this three day event)

did you mean palmer?

I'd seed 130 as such:

1. Troxell (no question here)

2. Cooper (split w/ Palmer but his win was most recent, and in the region finals)

3. Palmer

4. Kyle Terry

McCall and Supe just miss out on being seeded.

It would be a rule that #1 seed HAS to be a region champ. So if you ran the table all yr, but lost in the region finals then the best you could get is a 2 seed.

You're making this harder than it really is, GOO.  Establishing a few tie-breakers (record against common opponents, record against wrestlers in your region) would help the process along.  I have faith in KY coaches to do this effectively and efficiently, don't you? OR just establish a "seeding committee" made up of former coaches, refs and former wrestlers that could do it without taking away time from practice and hopefully w/o too much bias.

My point exactly.

I would say top 4.

Cooper

Palmer

Troxell

Hitchings.

And that would be because I have not seen many of the others wrestle.

there is always bias towards the wrestlers you have seen more often. 

I just don't understand the need for seeding.  If the best two wrestle in the quarters then you still get to see them wrestle.  It's a bonus finals match.  Who cares where it happens.  The Quarters and Semi's are almost always more exciting than the finals anyway.

I have faith in KY coaches to do this effectively and efficiently, don't you?

Are you serious? Have you ever been to a regional seeding meeting? This year at region 7 they spent more than 45 minutes on the 3 vs 4 seed at 119 between Bracco and Soriano. Can you image the state tournament?

a state seed meeting would be an impossiblity.

1.  Impossible to get  up to 100 coaches together

2. Time needed for 100 coaches to discuss 14 weight classes

3.  Lack of agreement on what the criteria wuold be

4.  Lack of common opponants, head to head ect

5.  Lack of medical insurance to pay the bills after the fights, asaults, thrown chairs, ect. 

Every state has this problem.

The bottem line is the best kid should win. The worst case scenario is the second best kid ends up 3rd or occasionally a kid "sneaks" into 2nd on the weak side of the bracket.  We have a pretty good tournament let's not try to screw it up

The only way I would seed it is if you only took into consideration regional champions AND if you placed top 3 last year, you would seed them according to the order in which they placed at state last year.

If you have two state champions, place them on opposite sides (or 3, random draw). Simple, and there is no bias possible.

No way would I ever want to see a room full of coaches trying to plead why their kid is better than someone else at the state tournament.

I also wouldn't trust a *committee* to make those decisions either

We're only talking about top 4 here, and with the requirement that only region champs can receive #1 seeds and implementing the tie-breakers I previously mentioned it wouldn't be near as hard as you all are making it out to be.

And yes, I do enjoy watching great matchups in the quarters and semis...but not 4 matches at once!  My only goal is to make the state finals the best they can possibly be.  You would still have some great semis matches if the top 4 were seeded...no one can deny that.

Bob Preusse seed's the Ironman

Adrian Stewart seed's Beast

They use a simple formula that could be implemented here!

Should at least be looked at since the tournament is so saturated with 32 man bracket!

alright, i wasn't gonna say anything here, but i think something needs to be pointed out: WE AREN'T THERE TO SEE WHO IS 2-8!!! We go to Frankfort to crown 14 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! Forget seeding, we aren't there to see who is the 2nd best, we're there to see who is the BEST. End of discussion.

and i'm sure ranger is working tirelessly to finish up his pre-state buildup!! :-D

alright, i wasn't gonna say anything here, but i think something needs to be pointed out: WE AREN'T THERE TO SEE WHO IS 2-8!!! We go to Frankfort to crown 14 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! Forget seeding, we aren't there to see who is the 2nd best, we're there to see who is the BEST. End of discussion.

and i'm sure ranger is working tirelessly to finish up his pre-state buildup!! :-D

If that is the only reason than why all the extra bagage a 16 man bracket is more than adiquite to decide that outcome!!

ok thanks

Seedings have been and always will be hard at any tourny, but if some teams would stop dodging each other for the sake of not meeting until region and state then there would be a more stable outline on who has beaten who or placed higher in this or that tourny. In- state records would come into play alot easier and seedings would be simplier. I have always believed that those wrestlers who earned the right to be top seeds should get them and the average wrestler should battle amongst themselves for the right to meet them. Put in-place a minimum no# of in-state or regional competitions that have to be complete before the season's end and this will not effect teams obligations to outside tournys and give the coaches/ committee a guideline inwhich to seat wrestlers.

Ron

most teams that wrestle out of state do it to seek better competition, not to dodge anyone

Thebigger problem is the same teams wrestling each other to often.  Furrther the whole point of a state tournament is ot match up and see whos better.  I feveryone has wrestled everyone already, whats the point

Not only do they go out of state for the competition but they also do so because of cost.

In Nky we can make a trip to Cincinnati Ohio and have 20+ teams to choose from to compete against.  Not to mention the Superior wrestling.  This is a 20 minute drive.

Otherwise we have to travel to either Lex. or Lou. which would take approximately 2 hours to drive to.

a state seed meeting would be an impossiblity.

1.  Impossible to get  up to 100 coaches together

2. Time needed for 100 coaches to discuss 14 weight classes

3.  Lack of agreement on what the criteria wuold be

4.  Lack of common opponants, head to head ect

5.  Lack of medical insurance to pay the bills after the fights, asaults, thrown chairs, ect. 

Every state has this problem.

The bottem line is the best kid should win. The worst case scenario is the second best kid ends up 3rd or occasionally a kid "sneaks" into 2nd on the weak side of the bracket.  We have a pretty good tournament let's not try to screw it up

1. There would be nowhere near 100 coaches involved.  I would guess there would be maybe 30 to 40 coaches involved in the discussion.

2. Again, most coaches around the state would not even need to be involved.

3. The coaches association and KHSAA set the criteria and we use it.  No questions asked.

4. I'm sure we can come up with enough criteria points to handle such situations, like previous state placement(s).

5. I would suggest a conference call rather than the time and expense of traveling to a meeting.