Sign in to follow this  
CERON

Trinity, Woodford Co., Ryle, Union Co., Mark Hall etc.

I asked our coaches how  they would handle the situation of a move in move out athlete.  They said they would like to think they would not allow this but did not know until it happened.  I let it be known that they would no longer have my support if they allowed this to happen.  I feel too strongly against it to participate.  I have lobbied long and hard against these move in athletes and though I am sure it will not change, I am proud of my stance on this issue and will root long and hard against these kids.  Will not bring myself to booing them but will never cheer for them.  I have always been an extremely fierce competitor but I must be losing my edge because there are some lines I won't cross!

Newfan13,

I understand your frustration but its not up to the coach to allow or not to allow this to happen.  If he made a legitimate move you cant stop him from wrestling. What grounds are you going to use to keep him from wrestling? He is too good? I really think everyone needs to move past this and talk about Travis K., Caleb or Brock Ervin, Fahy or whoever.. Talk about positive things that we can control.. Don't let this eat at you...

I am really glad to see that we stopped attacking each other on this topic.  Everyone be safe this weekend.

Okay... on the transferring in/out.  Again we are bashing coaches for a academic decision.  If the school accepts the child as a student of their school, and they meet all eligibility requirements, the coach doesn't have the right to refuse that child from competing.  The coach doesn't decide who can attend the school the administration does.  If they are a student in good standing they can compete in any sport.  If a parent decides to move to a specific district to have their child participate in that schools program... that's their decision... just like holding them back a year again... the parents decision.  Then they must show the school's admin they belong there.  The coach coaches whomever is presented as a student of their school.  Stop finding fault in the coach and kid in these circumstances and look at what that kid can bring to the program, sport, and state.  No wonder Kentucky is lagging behind... we are our own worst enemy.

I agree with GOO about improving my debating skills. Usually, I'm Yappi.com, Ohio's sports forum. I have been involved in many knock down drag out fights. At the end, we usually come to a middle ground, laugh about it and move on. Amazingly, some of my most fierce debates have ended with an exchange of email addresses and developing friends at tournaments.

Everyone needs to remember one thing; Kentucky state wrestling medals are not handed out on this website. They are earned on the mat!

I agree with GOO about improving my debating skills. Usually, I'm Yappi.com, Ohio's sports forum. I have been involved in many knock down drag out fights. At the end, we usually come to a middle ground, laugh about it and move on. Amazingly, some of my most fierce debates have ended with an exchange of email addresses and developing friends at tournaments.

Everyone needs to remember one thing; Kentucky state wrestling medals are not handed out on this website. They are earned on the mat!

mr grapplesack sir, i am sorry for the delayed response, but i guess i was placed in timeout by the mighty moderator . it seems all of my smack downs on you have been deleted as well. i apologize for the attack on your heterosexuality or your lack there of(is this ok to say almighty moderator?). just kidding i really dont care if i insulted you, because this is a forum. i am using a ficticous name insulting another ficticious name (hard to believe i know, my real name is not "floridafan" and i am almost sure that "grapplesack" is also not on your birth certificate. this site had gotten so boring i turned to the " girls chess " forum for excitement. i appreciate your debating and smart elic comments. it is not uncommon to have debates like this on yappi on any given day. what happen to the days of I PINNED EM ALL, OLYMPIC WISH,I DATED YOUR MOM, and the recently resurrected PIONEER-PRIDE, being total idiots on this forum? i loved it. thank goodness the likes of GOO and grapplesack are stepping up to the plate.so for this one moment in time , i will agree with you grapplesack, lets have fun and bash eachother and move on. i am sure we all agree that we need to keep attacks on wrestlers out of this, however attacking eachother is a good thing to keep this site interesting. bring it on sacklover.(mr moderator, that is sack, like brown bag sack, not like ,well you know.

Hi sweetheart, ya miss me?

if i were of grapplesacks orientation, i would kiss you. (see ya when i am out of time out)

Mark hall = good wrestler good for ky wrestling, makes whoever wrestles him better

I hope they meet in the finals, will be a grea tmatch.  I wasn't at the Dragon, but I saw the first time they locked up.  Third time has gotta be even better.

mr grapplesack sir, i am sorry for the delayed response, but i guess i was placed in timeout by the mighty moderator . it seems all of my smack downs on you have been deleted as well. i apologize for the attack on your heterosexuality or your lack there of(is this ok to say almighty moderator?). just kidding i really dont care if i insulted you, because this is a forum. i am using a ficticous name insulting another ficticious name (hard to believe i know, my real name is not "floridafan" and i am almost sure that "grapplesack" is also not on your birth certificate. this site had gotten so boring i turned to the " girls chess " forum for excitement. i appreciate your debating and smart elic comments. it is not uncommon to have debates like this on yappi on any given day. what happen to the days of I PINNED EM ALL, OLYMPIC WISH,I DATED YOUR MOM, and the recently resurrected PIONEER-PRIDE, being total idiots on this forum? i loved it. thank goodness the likes of GOO and grapplesack are stepping up to the plate.so for this one moment in time , i will agree with you grapplesack, lets have fun and bash eachother and move on. i am sure we all agree that we need to keep attacks on wrestlers out of this, however attacking eachother is a good thing to keep this site interesting. bring it on sacklover.(mr moderator, that is sack, like brown bag sack, not like ,well you know.

Hey man, thanks a lot for noticing i was an idiot on here!  It's always nice to be appreciated.

OMG, floridafan you really get. Wow! Just when I was thinking you were two pounds of fromunda cheese, you post a brilliant response. I am an anonymous person smashing another anonymous person! No slander, nothing personal just entertainment and good old fashion debate. Actually, perhaps I shouldn't down play the site. I do beleive there are very legitamate areas of discussion and debate. Hopefully, Mr. Moderator won't spill my identity and make me have to confront and beat up all of those dads I have insulted over the years.... One dad at a time, I will take each one of you! 

If I make an assumption, god forbid, I will disagree with the spirit of Newfan. If Newfan is against kids moving in then why didn't he agree with the Knable issue. Afterall, the kid did live in another state and time zone! Oh well, I probably shouldn't dig that one up again.

I miss the days of I pinned em all and I date ur mom as well. Those two were brilliant and definetly added spice to the site.  Olympic wish was also alot of fun.  I believe some people want everyone to be like little ants marching. Like all ants though, there must be one queen, I will assign floridafan the queen role given his previous comments which had to be deleted, lol.  No, I'm not the king, that would imply freaky stuff, however, pioneer pride can be your king, I believe he fits the role too.

Back to you floridafan, you made me laugh, partly because you actually looked up the definition of grapplesack on websters and partly because I realized you are an anonymous person and proof man can live and funtion without a brain! Anyway, bring it on I will gladly crush you like a bug on the next debate if allowed by Mr. Moderator.

Sincerely yours,

$#%^&&#@@**^)&^

MAN!!  I just got done reading all the posts in this thread.  It is insane how sensitive some of you are.  I've been on many sports forums where the slams are way worse then on here.  Rob Boston needs to take a laxative.  Seriously.  To threaten people with a lawsuit because heavens forbid people were upset that Marky Mark came into the state and admitted he was moving in, taking a gold, and moving out, can anyone say UPTIGHT?  People have a right to be upset about that and voice their opinions.  Why not?  Then you have grapplesack who is upset about the private schools and their recruiting practices.  I honestly think he has made the most sense out of anyone on this thread and I didn't notice any bad language or anything that should get him banned or the thread locked.  You want to have his identity revealed?  Stay in your own state slick.  If you don't like what he has to say don't view the thread or argue against his point.  Lighten up people, really.  Is this Afghanistan or cold war USSR? 

OMG, floridafan you really get.

First off, a grown man starting a post with OMG is more fitting of the queen ant role than anyone else on here.  Secondly, floridafan looked up the term grapplesack, but you NAMED yourself a grapplesack.  Wear your crown with pride queen ant.

Hi sweetheart, ya miss me?

Can it be true? Has he risen from the dead.  The Antichrist is back.  I thought he was slain and his bones burned?  How did you escape from Dean and Sam? (A "Supernatural" reference)

To bad they took away the karma numbers I was catching you. 

Let the fun begin.

Can it be true? Has he risen from the dead.  The Antichrist is back.  I thought he was slain and his bones burned?  How did you escape from Dean and Sam? (A "Supernatural" reference)

Let the fun begin.

Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me!

Let the fun begin.

No for real, they salted the earth (ala carthage)  they poured liquid metal in my fundiment (ala edII i think) but alas, I lurked and I lurked, and you know I haven't said crap since my tirade against K-10 the crapmaker, but someone went and gave me some praise, so I just had to come back.

In my small, pathetic life (thanks mommy eagle) this is one little shred of happiness I have!

No for real, they salted the earth (ala carthage)  they poured liquid metal in my fundiment (ala edII i think) but alas, I lurked and I lurked, and you know I haven't said crap since my tirade against K-10 the crapmaker, but someone went and gave me some praise, so I just had to come back.

In my small, pathetic life (thanks mommy eagle) this is one little shred of happiness I have!

Olympic wish I envy the disdain and contempt everyone feels for you. I'm a little put out wrestlemomma had to get righteous and point out I wasn't from Ryle. I reread my posts and never eluded to being from Ryle, I was only defending Mark Hall's right to wrestle while pointing out the religous schools have been playing that game for years.  I was gonna ask wrestlemomma if I can next time take the name "grapplebag" providing she hasn't laid claim to it, lol.

Someone pointed out if Mark Hall is a 6 time state champ, Kentucky can't take credit. I disagree.  St X and Ky take credit for Knable, the Indiana resident, dangit, I'm gonna take credit for Hall.  BTW, I would like  Mr. Boston to reread my posts and point out where I said anything personal and slanderous. Remember, people read what they want to read. The word catholic is not a bad word is it? Read my posts again and point out where I said anything derogatory about catholics or religion.

Olympic wish I envy the disdain and contempt everyone feels for you. I'm a little put out wrestlemomma had to get righteous and point out I wasn't from Ryle. I reread my posts and never eluded to being from Ryle, I was only defending Mark Hall's right to wrestle while pointing out the religous schools have been playing that game for years.  I was gonna ask wrestlemomma if I can next time take the name "grapplebag" providing she hasn't laid claim to it, lol.

Someone pointed out if Mark Hall is a 6 time state champ, Kentucky can't take credit. I disagree.  St X and Ky take credit for Knable, the Indiana resident, dangit, I'm gonna take credit for Hall.  BTW, I would like  Mr. Boston to reread my posts and point out where I said anything personal and slanderous. Remember, people read what they want to read. The word catholic is not a bad word is it? Read my posts again and point out where I said anything derogatory about catholics or religion.

You see we're tlaking about two differant wrestle mommas.  Mine is in Region 5.

Before we get ahead of ourselves and give Hall 2 championships  1  he has to beat Myron again at state  and  b  next year I have a sneaky suspicion he will have to go through Fahy!!

Before we get ahead of ourselves and give Hall 2 championships  1  he has to beat Myron again at state  and  b  next year I have a sneaky suspicion he will have to go through Fahy!!

Good point newfan, they have already but handed him the medal.

http://popup.lala.com/popup/1873778939296633450

Can't we all just get along

:-D

Remember, Rodney King's quote followed racial riots and I believe a few deaths. I know one man got a brick upside the head.  We haven't come close to that yet.  Brother Bobbie Boston came on and gave us all a dose of salt peter calming everyone down. No blood shed, no harm, just peace and love from now. Everyone agrees. Love is in the air. Thanks Brother Bob. 

Let me be the first to say I dont think Mark Hall is going to win any state championships in KY.

Go Myron and the rest  of the KY kids!

Remember, Rodney King's quote followed racial riots and I believe a few deaths. I know one man got a brick upside the head.  We haven't come close to that yet.  Brother Bobbie Boston came on and gave us all a dose of salt peter calming everyone down. No blood shed, no harm, just peace and love from now. Everyone agrees. Love is in the air. Thanks Brother Bob.

I heard reports of bricks through computer screens (good thing some people were log off at the time) and that the ACLU has been contacted about a lawsuits. With all the HOT tempers on this thread, God made it snow in KY to COOL everyone down (look what that got us).

Did you know:

Styles Of Anger

Each of us develops their own special style of anger:

* The "Mad Hatter" Driver: This person yells, curses, and offers gestures to other 

drivers when s/he is in a hurry and frustrated.

* The Sulker: This person shuts down in a chair and stops speaking and looking at

others.

* Safe Haven Abuser: This person takes her/his frustration out only on the ones s/he

loves.

* The Distractor: This person disregards the object of his annoyance by reading the

paper, forgetting to run an errand, or playing the radio too loudly. When s/he is

confronted, the response is: I didn't know; I forgot; I'm tired.

* The Blamer: This person blames everybody for everything and rarely accepts

responsibility for his own short comings.

* The Avenger: This person believes s/he has been given the right to seek vengeance

in any way for anything by using the excuse: they deserved it.

Which one are YOU?

Anger Check List -- How Is Your Anger?

0  People tell you that you need to calm down.

0 You feel tense much of the time.

0  At work, you find yourself not saying what is on your mind.

0 When you are upset, you try to block the world out by watching TV, reading a book 

or magazine, or going to sleep.

0 You are drinking or smoking marijuana almost daily to help you calm down.

0 You have trouble going to sleep.

0 You feel misunderstood or not listened to much of the time.

0 People ask you not to yell or curse so much.

0 Your loved ones keep saying that you are hurting them.

0 Friends do not seek you out as much.

Scoring:

* 0 - 2 = MANAGEABLE: you could benefit from relaxation training.

* 3 - 5 = MODERATE: you need to learn more about what stresses you, and learn stress management techniques.

* 6 + = OUT OF CONTROL: you have an anger problem that could benefit from learning anger management techniques.

Conclusion Anger reactions have been likened to a train running out of control and about to derail. A little anger can motivate us to take action in positive ways. A lot of anger will make us "red with rage." The price for anger that is out of control will drive away those whom we love the most and endanger our daily normal existence.

should have said,

Can't we all just wrestle along

Very interesting post on qualifications of anger.

Seriously, do you really think we elevated to the point of anger, really, ANGER. Not me. Geez, I hope no one really got, I mean, really angry at my posting. Should I leave the site? I didn't know I had that much power and influence over others to make them ANGRY.  Come on, ANGRY? If my typed words are so mesmerizing and powerful, just think what my spoken words could do. Dang, I could run for president. Obama, look out! Ronald Reagan's protege is about to take over!

I was just kind of wondering why Larue and Campbell aren't on this list of schools that are hated, booed and (as some have stated on here) slandered? They are also some of the top school year in and year out.  :-o