Sign in to follow this  
OldTimer130

Dragon Inv.

Can someone who was there give some info on the 152 final.  Did Johnson just have a really bad day.  I figured it would be close but I thought Johnson would have scored. 

Coyle beat him on his feet He had a takedown in the 1et and rode him out.  2nd period Johnson took neutral but couldn't get in. 3rd period coyle chose bottom. Johnson tried but couldn't tillt him then Coyle escaped and shot again, finished and that was the match 5-0

John Doe is a 7th grader who is incredibly advanced in the subject of Mathematics. He is not only capable of being successful in a pre-calculus course, but his parents figure he will accel. Should this gifted student be forced to sit through a geometry course that bores him?

One additional comment about Hall.  You could compare him to a young Joe Carr, Jr.  I know he is very good, however there is no "guarantee" he will win state this year.  Bradbury has already beat him and will be anticipating a rematch.  Second, Joe Carr didn't win 5 state titles.  As other forums have pointed out, he was pinned his senior year at Hoptown by the Caldwell kid, the ref just couldn't process it in time to call it.  Hall could return to Michigan and not win 4 more state titles.  There are sooooo many variables...injuries, bad calls, you get caught by a lesser wrestler.  It's far too early to chalk him up to 5 or 6 state titles.

By the way, what does his dad do that he can move a kid around like that?  Wish I had that kind of job!

I personally think as a whole we could use this situation to help better our state in wrestling.  I'm trying to start a middle school program at Bullitt East and I've actually mentioned Mark Hall to some of the middle school kids to peak their interest in wrestling.  They hear about a middle school kid who can wrestle varsity in high school and then hear about the success they have and the next thing you know, they want to give wrestling a shot.  Obviously, not all those kids will stick with wrestling, but if you gain at least a couple who stick it out, then you've gained some numbers in your program, which is what most high school teams in Kentucky struggle with.  Sure, some of those middle schoolers won't be physically advanced enough to wrestle in high school just as of yet, but then you wrestle them in middle school meets.  Part of the problem is simply getting kids to come out for wrestling whether it be middle school or high school just so you can have the opportunity to get them "hooked".  Who cares if the kid is from Michigan and won't be staying for his high school career.  Even if you don't have a "dog in the fight", use it to your advantage.  I've mentioned Brock Ervin just the same amount as Mark Hall.

I personally think as a whole we could use this situation to help better our state in wrestling.  I'm trying to start a middle school program at Bullitt East and I've actually mentioned Mark Hall to some of the middle school kids to peak their interest in wrestling.

Start with a Elementary school program first then the middle school program, it will have kids. All that is needed then a MS coach, you will have the kids and their parents behind a MS program. Unless they move to another MS program :-o :-o :-o.

Start with a Elementary school program first then the middle school program, it will have kids. All that is needed then a MS coach, you will have the kids and their parents behind a MS program. Unless they move to another MS program :-o :-o :-o.

An elementary program would be great.  You volunteering to come coach it?  Because unless you are, that's not going to happen.  Myself and my assistant will be running the middle school program for the 1st few years until we can find someone to do so.  We can practice middle schoolers with the high school kids, but that's not feasible with elementary school kids.  Yes, it would be great to build from the bottom up, but we're having to build from the top down.

An elementary program would be great.  You volunteering to come coach it?  Because unless you are, that's not going to happen.  Myself and my assistant will be running the middle school program for the 1st few years until we can find someone to do so.  We can practice middle schoolers with the high school kids, but that's not feasible with elementary school kids.  Yes, it would be great to build from the bottom up, but we're having to build from the top down.

If only I could, but a spring program with USA wrestling might be something you need to look into. The older ones get another season and the new ones have fun at their age/wt.

Also what happen to supe in the finals against palmer???? He just didnt wrestle or???

Supe forfeited in the finals as did Sowder from Scott.  I know they had a Senior dance at Scott and I am assuming that was the reason...........perhaps incorrectly, but that is my take.

rumer is supe dropped out of the tournament to go to a dance

No this post is ntot a joke

She must be HOT!!! And had a better chance of pinning HER. :-D :-D :-D

Thats one i ill never forget if its true.....i wouldnt forfeit that match for anything i could control!!!

Thats one i ill never forget if its true.....i wouldnt forfeit that match for anything i could control!!!

Wow.  Life is about more than jsut wrestling.

I'd goto the dance, the dragon is just a tournament, not state!

Wow.  Life is about more than jsut wrestling.

I'd goto the dance, the dragon is just a tournament, not state!

I wouldn't miss out on wrestling one of the top kids in the state to go to a dance but thats just me........seems weird that a coach would even let that happen for team purposes

I would never have missed a tournament for a dance or anything like it.  Only thing would be a family emergency.  However some people have different priorities and there's nothing wrong with that.  Some people wrestle just because they like to scrap, they don't live and die by it.  However I did and it sounds like there are multiple people who feel the same way.

the supe's always struck me as very relaxed, easy going kids about wrestling.  they're tough kids, but don't seem to take it to the extreme serious level of commitment that others do.  it would be scary how good they'd be if they did.

I wouldn't miss out on wrestling one of the top kids in the state to go to a dance but thats just me........seems weird that a coach would even let that happen for team purposes

Depends what she looks like. Wrestle this guy or Wrestle this HOT,HOT,HOT CHICK??? :-D

Well I am not sure but I believe there were several schools that had a "Senior Dinner Dance"

Believe it or not there are many schools that don't revolve around wrestling.......Now if it were basketball or something that included playing with balls it might be more important.....then they might change the dance.