ankle_pick111

5 Star Classic

Team  results:

1st-Lafayette

2nd-Larue

3rd-Central Hardin

4th-Tates Creek

5th-Franklin County

Pool B looked pretty tough with 3 of 5 top teams.

Individual Finals results: (from what I can remember) ve a didnt have a bracket for names

103-Milford PLD over Rearic LAF

112- Paden LAR over Henderson CH (forfeit)

119- Bryant LAF over Supe SCO

125-Lacy LAF over out of state kid

130-Terry CH over Supe SCO

135-Flyod LAR over Stockwell TC

140-??? Over Green LAF

145- Hull LAR over Sewell FRA

152-Whalen HEN over White TC

160- Robey CH over Stringer PLD

171- Gardner FRA over Ray LAR

189-?? Barnett and Out of state kid??

215-Brown LAF over Newberry LAR

PIL over Blair LAR

Ray lost the 171 finals by DQ  illegal uppercut i was told.  was down 4-2 to gardner when it happened

No, Coach Canter forfeited him.

Team  results:

1st-Lafayette

2nd-Larue

3rd-Central Hardin

4th-Tates Creek

5th-Franklin County

Pool B looked pretty tough with 3 of 5 top teams.

Individual Finals results: (from what I can remember) ve a didnt have a bracket for names

103-Milford PLD over Rearic LAF

112- Paden LAR over Henderson CH (forfeit)

119- Bryant LAF over Supe SCO

125-Lacy LAF over out of state kid

130-Terry CH over Supe SCO

135-Flyod LAR over Stockwell TC

140-??? Over Green LAF

145- Hull LAR over Sewell FRA

152-Whalen HEN over White TC

160- Robey CH over Stringer PLD

171- Gardner FRA over Ray LAR

189-?? Barnett and Out of state kid??

215-Brown LAF over Newberry LAR

PIL over Blair LAR

It was PT over CH in HWT

Brown lost at 215. Newberry was not going to wrestle because doctor at tournament said no to something on his back, but the coach took him to walk in clinic before match to get him the ok.

Brown lost at 215. Newberry was not going to wrestle because doctor at tournament said no to something on his back, but the coach took him to walk in clinic before match to get him the ok.

Yeah and then he tech pinned Shamon.

i just talked with his coaches. after some "questionable" calls (you know how coaches are. could have been, i honestly don't know as i wasn't there) they decided to DEFAULT the match so he would not have to sit out next week.

First I was not there, just going by what is posted.

Seems like the Ref should have called Unnecessary Roughness or a Flagrant Misconduct (illegal uppercut if this is what happen). If the Ref ruled U/R it would have only been a penalized point, if a Flagrant Misconduct was called automatic disqualification. Does anyone know what the ref called at the time? If it was called a F/M the after talking to Coaches changed to U/R and then the Coach Defaulted him I call BS on the Ref!

If it was called U/R and the Coach thought things were getting out of hand then Defaulted him, I call good move by Coach :?.

What did the ref called at the time before talking to any Coaches?

If the Coach, approached the score table to argue with the official over the call he should have been hit with a misconduct. If Ref changed the call then he needs to QUIT Refereeing wrestling take up basket weaving or knitting :cry:.

That's my two cents.

OFFICIAL'S JUDGMENT CALLS

The coach can not question any judgment calls made by the official. When he does, the referee will first warn him for misconduct, the second offense will cost the coach a team point, and with the third offense, the coach will be asked to leave premises for the duration of the dual meet or tournament session and another team point would be deducted.

the ref didn't call anything, when ray got hit with two locking hands calls that he didnt think he did is when the match got out of hand. he hit gardner with a bow that cut his chin open and when the ref called blood time ray went to his corner. his coach was upset at him for and thought he was going to get in worse trouble in he continued to wrestlie like he was so his coach made him quit giving gardner the win.

the ref didn't call anything, when ray got hit with two locking hands calls that he didnt think he did is when the match got out of hand. he hit gardner with a bow that cut his chin open and when the ref called blood time ray went to his corner. his coach was upset at him for and thought he was going to get in worse trouble in he continued to wrestlie like he was so his coach made him quit giving gardner the win.

Then I call good move by Coach :?.

That is what I also saw...

That is what I also saw...

The ref was letting them wrestle. Yes it looked like they were getting rough with each other. But hey this is wrestling, it a rough sport. There is a fine line on U/R and Ray was at that line. It looked like the problem was not with the official. Seemed Ray had a problem with the asst ref. I also think that the coach made the right decision. Even though if you look at the team scores it may have cost them first place. Because with the new rule Ray would have to miss the next 2 events I believe

Guest cmccoy

Results

1. Pat Mildford (PLD) Dec. 8-2

2. Luke Rearic (LAF)

3. Anthony Shirley (HAR) Dec 3-1

4. Zack Heck (CH)

1. Nick Paden (LAR) For

2. Joey Henderson (CH)

3. Camden Hanley (LAF) Pin 2:54

4. Jacob Smith (S)

1. Will Bryant (LAF) Dec 6-3

2. Richie Supe (S)

3. Brandon Abney (TC) Dec 4-0

4. Dylan Sheldon (LAR)

1. Jimmy Lacy (LAF) Dec 4-1

2. Jonathan Mann (DB)

3. Drew Miller (S) For

4. Joe Davis (TC)

1. Kyle Terry (CH) Dec 3-0

2. Steven Supe (S)

3. Abdel Elmarouffi (LAF) For

4. Shaquille Cox (LAR)

1. Shelby Floyd (LAR) Pin 3:59

2. Brandon Stockwell (TC)

3. Brendan Tuggle (HC) Dec 14-4

4. Sheldon McLetchie (LAF)

1. William Gilliam (DB) Pin 0:22

2. Jon Green (LAF)

3. Justin Wynne (PT) Dec 12-6

4. Nick Waits (CH)

1. Shawn Hull (LAR) Dec 13-5

2. Ronnie Sewell (FC)

3. Chris Brunker (HAR) Pin 3:16

4. Tyler Joyce (LAF)

1. Joe Whalen (HC) Pin 3:46

2. Andrew Wright (TC)

3. Brent Browner (J) Dec 18-3

4. Kris Sutherland (LAR)

1. Robert Robey (CH) Dec 11-3

2. Grant Stringer (PLD)

3. Matt Morehead (HC) Dec 11-0

4. Colin Wilkins (LAF)

1. Jeremy Gardner (FC) Def

2. Bernard Ray (LAR)

3. Zach Sowder (S) Dec 7-3

4. Gavin Agnew (CC)

1. Brandon Barnett (HAR) Pin 3:46

2. Jamal Anderson (J)

3. Tucker Lyles (PLD) For

4. Freddie Shadeh (TC)

1. Drew Newberry (LAR) Pin 5:59

2. Shamon Brown (LAF)

3. Cody Reesor (CH) Pin 3:55

4. Shaun Lenz (HAR)

1. Brandon Hamilton (PT) Pin 3:22

2. Cameron McGraw (CH)

3. Will Fawns (MONT) Dec 8-5

4. David Blair (LAR)

Team

1. Lafayette (LAF)

how about results for 5th-8th???  :|

Who care about 5-8 other than the ones that lost. If Raymundo Perez, didn't have to wrestle in the Middle School qualifier we win this tournament easy.  Coach Canter let Perez achieve his goal as a middle school State Champion.  Sometimes its about the kids achievements and not the team at some tournaments.  :wink:

Who care about 5-8 other than the ones that lost. If Raymundo Perez, didn't have to wrestle in the Middle School qualifier we win this tournament easy.  Coach Canter let Perez achieve his goal as a middle school State Champion.  Sometimes its about the kids achievements and not the team at some tournaments.  :wink:

well the way this tournament is set up the second best wrestler in a class could potentially get 5th.

well the way this tournament is set up the second best wrestler in a class could potentially get 5th.

What type of format allows the second best wrestler to finish 5th, Stacy Miller got screwed in this format a few years ago.  Coach McCoy is a good Coach and I'd like to think it was an even format with the teams.  Then again the home teams wants to win so I'd make the pools in my best interest.  Nothing negative against Coach McCoy. :-D

Guest cmccoy

In my defense, I have a committee that puts the pools together. I do not do it alone nor would I ever stack it so we could win. The pools are put together so that, for the most part, the highest ranked kids come out to the Semis. It does not work for all wight classes but I think you will see it does for most. The best wrestlers come out.

Even if you are the second best kid and end up fifth that just means you lost to the best kid in a different round. Second or fifth you should be there to wrestle the best competition and thats what is their. And that set up bets the hell out of getting out of a tournament at after ten like many do.

Most coaches like to bring their kids to the five star because of the format. It isn't necessarily about placing top 4. Everyone usually ends up wrestling 3 matches, barring any forfeits, in the duals. If you are the top in your pool or you lost one match, you will end up wrestling 5 matches. This allows your kids to get the most matches out of a 1 day tournament.

the format isnt a whole lot different from state, a random draw for pools. its luck of the draw, you may have an easy road to the finals while the other side has most of the competition