Sign in to follow this  
d215

jefferson county tournament of champions

Coaches meeting is tomorrow at 7 for seeding and meeting.  Weighins are 7-8 with wrestling hopefully starting around 9 depending on the outcome of weigh-ins to see if everyone made it. They said we will go as far as we can on Saturday (5 match rule I imagine) and then finish on Sunday at noon for weighins with wrestling as soon after as we can.

Anybody want to take a stab at the 1 and 2 seeds?

I'll bite...

103  1 Payton (PRP), 2 Giddens (SOUT)

112  1 Fahy (TRIN), 2 Casa del Valle (SENA)

119  1 Bradbury (TRIN), 2 Tucker (SOUT)

125  1 Birk (TRIN), 2 Barnett (STX)

130  1 Hitchings (TRIN), 2 Nyitrai (EAST)

135  1 Shirey (EAST), 2 Pender (TRIN)

140  1 Henderson (SENA), 2 Kimbley (SOUT)

145  1 Alexandru (JEFF), 2 Willbanks (MOOR)

152  1 Ohlman (TRIN), 2 Hendren (KCD)

160  1 Broussard (SENA), 2 Lampe (STX)

171  1 Hitchings (TRIN), 2  Wright (SENA)

189  1 Decker (SOUT), 2 Bohn (TRIN)

215  1 McNealy (EAST), 2 Krask (STX)

285  1 WIDE, 2 OPEN

Would someone please post the official decision on if and when the tournament will take place.

Someone of AUTHORITAYY!!!!!

I guess being a coach doesn't grant me much "authority"...

Or perhaps its that my screen name doesn't start with Coach.

From the Courier Journal (Louisville)

Congrats to Trinity and MOW John Lampe St. X

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trinity won its third straight team title and Brad Hitchings took home his fourth individual crown, but the Shamrocks did something unusual while dominating Jefferson County's Tournament of Champions wrestling meet Sunday at Eastern.

Glenshaw: "How to Stop Joint Pain?"

Shocking discovery by Cambridge Researchers for quick joint

I think several of the championship matches were excellent. 

Bryce Payton (103 from PRP) deserves some credit for his performance, winning another tournament, only loss this season coming to Dylan Hall of Harrison, IN, at WCI.  Fahy (112) and Bradbury (119) wrestled to their reputation. 

Other matches that interested me were Ohlman (Trinity) and Hendren (KCD) at 145.  Ohlman seemed calm and in control; it's hard to imagine that he'll not pursue wrestling in college.  At 152, Michael Clark (Valley) and Omar Jarvis (Central) squared off.  I think this was an important match for gauging the level of both of these guys.  They are both terrific; Omar is a sophomore.  Michael Clark is very strong when wrestling from top position.  Lampe (St. X) wrestled Broussard (Seneca) for 160.  It was a very good match with a lot of action, though there wasn't much scoring.  Both are very good wrestlers.  Lampe seems like a machine; he is tough.

Hitchings (Trinity) was dominate at 171, though Lofton (Seneca) may have been hurt.  Evan Decker (Southern) is very good and wrestled well for 189.  The 215 match was pretty good, and Darrow (Trinity) earned his championship.  Heavyweight was especially exciting, because I think everyone wanted to see some throws.

The tournament was pretty good; I hope Jefferson County continues to grow wresting, and these championship matches as well. 

I think several of the championship matches were excellent. 

Bryce Payton (103 from PRP) deserves some credit for his performance, winning another tournament, only loss this season coming to Dylan Hall of Harrison, IN, at WCI.  Fahy (112) and Bradbury (119) wrestled to their reputation. 

Other matches that interested me were Ohlman (Trinity) and Hendren (KCD) at 145.  Ohlman seemed calm and in control; it's hard to imagine that he'll not pursue wrestling in college.  At 152, Michael Clark (Valley) and Omar Jarvis (Central) squared off.  I think this was an important match for gauging the level of both of these guys.  They are both terrific; Omar is a sophomore.  Michael Clark is very strong when wrestling from top position.  Lampe (St. X) wrestled Broussard (Seneca) for 160.  It was a very good match with a lot of action, though there wasn't much scoring.  Both are very good wrestlers.  Lampe seems like a machine; he is tough.

Hitchings (Trinity) was dominate at 171, though Lofton (Seneca) may have been hurt.  Evan Decker (Southern) is very good and wrestled well for 189.  The 215 match was pretty good, and Darrow (Trinity) earned his championship.  Heavyweight was especially exciting, because I think everyone wanted to see some throws.

The tournament was pretty good; I hope Jefferson County continues to grow wresting, and these championship matches as well.

Did Bryce not get a medal?  I thought he also lost to Rusch(NO) this year?