Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2009/2010 - December 22

Trinity update: THS traveled north to Evansville the last two weeks.

Harrison 10-way Duals - highlights -125 Brandon Birk 9-0 champion, 152 Grant Ohlmann 9-0 champ, 189 Cooper Bohn 8-1 2nd place. ( 112 Fahy,119 Bradbury,171 Hitchings were at Beast of the East).

Mater Dei Classic (16 teams) - highlights - Team 3rd place - 112 Fahy wasn't there, 119 Myron Bradbury 1st, 125 Brandon Birk 3rd, 152 Grant Ohlmann 1st, 171 Brad Hitchings 1st, 189 Cooper Bohn 3rd, 215 Brendan Darrow 2nd, 285 Will Flynn 6th.

What BS was it?  He took him down 5 times!

yea and it was out of bounds just about everytime and it was obvious too.the ref we had for that dual was choosing sides and you could tell so our team just forfieted the rest of i. then after they won the ref was over there in the middle celebrating with them.

I was not there to see that particular match as I had to leave early but I would say that the refs that were there did a great job overall throughout the long day.  I would find it very hard to believe that any of them would call it as bad as you say.  All the mats had short out of bound areas so its hard to believe that they would land out of bounds every time and would get credit for a takedown.  Are you aware that you can land out of bounds with the offensive guys feet inbounds and it is still a takedown?  Many wrestlers do not know that.  I also doubt that he would be celebrating with any team, as there were no refs there that are fresh out of a wrestling program and so wouldn't still know any of the other kids there. 

yea and it was out of bounds just about everytime and it was obvious too.the ref we had for that dual was choosing sides and you could tell so our team just forfieted the rest of i. then after they won the ref was over there in the middle celebrating with them.

Kentucky's refs have gotten much better at awarding takedowns close to the outer circle. But really, has anyone noticed how liberal it has become in college? I swear you can get a call until your in the 3rd row of the bleachers. It is certainly more in concert with freestyle scoring. Wrestle till the whistle is the only way to be sure.

I was not there to see that particular match as I had to leave early but I would say that the refs that were there did a great job overall throughout the long day.  I would find it very hard to believe that any of them would call it as bad as you say.  All the mats had short out of bound areas so its hard to believe that they would land out of bounds every time and would get credit for a takedown.  Are you aware that you can land out of bounds with the offensive guys feet inbounds and it is still a takedown?  Many wrestlers do not know that.  I also doubt that he would be celebrating with any team, as there were no refs there that are fresh out of a wrestling program and so wouldn't still know any of the other kids there.

well their whole bodies were out of bounds and you dont even know the half of it...all the refs done a good job but that one

well their whole bodies were out of bounds and you dont even know the half of it...all the refs done a good job but that one

Stop whining and wrestle. geez thats the problem with kids from kentucky. they would rather spend time on this website complaining and listing all the excuses for their loss than spend time in their wrestling room getting better. shuck it off or prepare for a long tear fulled season. no excuses play like a champion

Stop whining and wrestle. geez thats the problem with kids from kentucky. they would rather spend time on this website complaining and listing all the excuses for their loss than spend time in their wrestling room getting better. shuck it off or prepare for a long tear fulled season. no excuses play like a champion

im not whining you smart ellic.

Dustin Burchett of sheldon clark pinned 13th ranked codey smith of MCC at 285!!!

[/quoteAnd he also took adam brown of SO to triple over time  who beat gentry also!!

at 130 Chris Kerr, unranked, from TC pinned James Childress from meade county wednesday at wayne co duals. and beat levi shafer 8-4 a couple months ago at a lafayette tournament

As far as calling takedowns on the edge in college or high school the rules are different.  At the college level just one foot of one wrestler has to be in so of course the calls look different

As far as calling takedowns on the edge in college or high school the rules are different.  At the college level just one foot of one wrestler has to be in so of course the calls look different

I say go like freestyle, you go out while on your feet the other guy gets a pt. Keep it in the center and wrestle, none of this bail out of bounds as you are about to give up 2pts.

agreed. don't leave the match up to the ref's decision. Make it obvious that you've won.

brad milford 119 from dunbar pinned chris sikra dh in the 3rd round at harrison co.

The article posted in results says Sikra won the 125 weight class.  Are you sure you got the right kid?