Sign in to follow this  
jboy

Ryle vs Jeffersonville IN

Next wednesday Jeffersonville Indiana faces off with Ryle. I was wondering how good is Ryle and do you think this will be a good match to watch.

Jeff has a good squad. They just went to Jasper Indiana and wrestled #3 Mater Dei and #5 Castle and #9 Bloomington North.

Jeff lost all three. Mater Dei 38-16, Castle 35-25 and Bloomington 40-20. Those teams have no weaknesses. I dont know much about Ryle but I heard they were #1 in Kentucky so I thought they would be awesome.

Jeff's 125 is a first year varsity kid that is about 500 on the year. He is quick and has some skill but lacks in strength.  The 130 is a decent wrestler. He is also a first year varsity, but has only lost to very good wrestlers. Jeff is very good in 103, 112,119,135,152,171 and 215. Jeff is rated #20 in Indiana. I think it will be a good match. I know last year Ryle killed Jeff, but it was Jeff's JV squad. I hope we can give you guys a good match. We have a similar team to last years team. The only team we wrestled from Kentucky last year was Trinity. We won 32-27. It was a heckova match. We wrestled though without out Heavyweight who got 3rd in the state.

ryle has a very good team, with opportunities in a few weights: 103, 152, 189 and hvwt... would be surprised to see the other lose... if you don't get 6 points for each of the following i named... good luck!

This was kicked around in a different thread relative to middle schoolers wrestling HS in Indiana. I was under the impression that it was a no-no across the river so, don't bring any. But, if the match was in Kentucky they went by Ky's bylaws and the Indiana team forfeited the weight class.

That being said, Brock Ervin wrestled and won 103 OW at the Harrison 10-way this weekend in Evansville.

My guess is Jeff will win 103,112,119,135, 152,160,171 and 215.

I'll give you 103, 152, and 215.  BUT 112, 119, and 160 are tough.  135 and 171 are solid as well.

This was kicked around in a different thread relative to middle schoolers wrestling HS in Indiana. I was under the impression that it was a no-no across the river so, don't bring any. But, if the match was in Kentucky they went by Ky's bylaws and the Indiana team forfeited the weight class.

That being said, Brock Ervin wrestled and won 103 OW at the Harrison 10-way this weekend in Evansville.

Indiana high schools can not have anyone under 9th grade wrestle for them. That does not mean that they can not wrestle teams from other states that do have 8th or 7th graders on their teams.

This is copied from the IHSAA by-laws:

Participation Against Teams of Non-Members

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

One reason that a Indiana school may not let a KY schools 7th or 8th grader wrestle in a match at their school in insurance reasons.

not sure if Jeff is good enough. Jeff will be leaving a couple of varsity behind due to injuries. I hope Jeff can keep it close.

Good Match. Ryle wins, don't remember score, but had big wins at 19,52, 60.  Jville was very impressive and solid throughout.  I believe each team was missing a key wrestler.  Hall more than handle previously undefeated 19 from Jville.  71 is a big bad man, very powerful.

Ryle honored former champs, good night for the Raiders!

sorry, big wins at 19,40,45,60. 

Ryle 38, Jeffersonville 32

103 - Shepherd (J) pin North 3:40; 112 - Ruschell ® md. Smith 10-2; 119 - Hall ® md. Miller 12-4; 125 - Osborne ® tf. Castro 16-1; 130 - Palmer ® tf. Simpson 15-0; 135 - Weekley (J) pin Stevens 1:03; 140 - Roland md. Harbin 11-2; 145 - Bolog ® md. Dryden 12-0; 152 - Patgenhorst (J) d. Parker 13-10; 160 - Coyle ® pin Marlin :26; 171 - Browner (J) pin Mace 5:56; 189 - Buckler ® pin Anderson :54; 215 - Pratt (J) tf. Pruett 18-3; 285 - Curtley (J) pin Williamson 3:48. Record: R 12-0.

I was impressed with Ryle they are a very good team. I thought the ref was the most one sided official I have ever seen. I know Jeffs 152 had Ryle pinned in the first 20 seconds and he gave him a 2 point near fall. In that match he gave the Ryle kid 2 violation points for some kind of locked hands and it just didnt happen.  Jeffs 171 had the Ryle kid pinned at least 5 times and I talked to Jeffs kid and he said he just kept looking at the ref to call it. The ref finally called it in the 3rd and the ref said the Jeff kid had an attitude ant raised the Ryle kid hand after the match. It was confusing. No one knew If the Jeff kid was DQed or not. Jeff 215 had the Ryle kid piinned 3 times no call. Also Jeffs 189 varsity kid was injured had he wrestled he would have destroyed the Ryle kid. I dont take anything away from Ryles team. They are very good and can wrestle with most in INdiana. I think they should get an impartial ref with no ties to Ryle. It was obvious what he was doing.  He gave in the 140 match I think 3 violation points in the last minute to make it a major. Anyway enuff sour grapes.  Good luck Ryle the rest of the way. Very impressive .