monkeyroll

Nationals

Who else is going to Senior/Junior/Sophmore Nationals? As of now, there are four people registered:

125: Ben Warner (junior)

125: Eric Bryant (senior)

125: Derek Scott (senior)

140: Joe Powers (senior)

Good Luck to all!!

John Wolsiefer had planned to go, but looking doubtful now, conflicts with baseball and school.

The sophomores weighins are Monday and they dont finish up till Friday, thats a whole week of school, I wish they could have wrestled on back to back weekends or at the same time as the Jr's and Sr's.

I called NHSCA about the "Current Entries" listed on their website because I didnt see many kids registered to attend. They said the site was up to date but that they expect 80% of the kids will sign up in the last two weeks leading up to the event. This should be a good tournament and great exposure to the college coaches. Good Luck!

Updated list:

215 Dale Stone (Senior)

140 Joe Powers(Senior)

125 Eric Bryant(Senior)

135 Jacob Murton(Senior)

125 Derek Scott(Senior)

119 Eric Warner(Senior)

125 Ben Warner(Junior)

145 Corey Ward(Junior)

125 Ben Warner (Sophmore)

130 Bryan Peace(Sophmore)

140 Beau Sanders(Sophmore)

160 Bobby Barkley(Sophmore)

171 Mason Reid(Sophmore)

Peace just won his first match at sophomore nationals. He beat a kid from NY in OT. The format is a little messed up. Juniors are running at the same time. There are ten mats on the floor, but only eight are being used. They quit using the other two after several matches. The sophomores are only on two mats; as of 3:00, the 171's hadn't even wrestled one match. There are considerably more juniors up there than 10th-graders, but they are already into the conso's and the sophomores will only get one round in today. Don't know how the Harrison Co. boys are doing. Will try to get an update and keep everyone posted.

Wasson won his first match, but Bobby Barkley, and Sanders lost theirs'. Mason Reid lost 11-4 to Kyle Stygler of Columbus DeSales, OH. Ben Warner lost his first bout in the juniors. Peace won 5-3 in OT vs. Keith Collado of NY. Ashbrook had two matches: won the first, lost the second. Corey Ward, a junior, lost his first.

Peace is in the finals!! :D:D He defeated James McFarland of West Virginia 10-1 in the semi's. He faces the North Carolina state champ Friday for the title. I guess I'm going to have to drive to Pittsburgh.

Guest DAWG6
Peace is in the finals!! :D:D He defeated James McFarland of West Virginia 10-1 in the semi's. He faces the North Carolina state champ Friday for the title. I guess I'm going to have to drive to Pittsburgh.

:shock: Way to go Peace and Kentucky wrestlers:wink:

Guest DAWG6

125: Ben Warner (junior)

That should give you an idea how tough the 125 pound class was :wink

Ben Warner lost to Ben Johnson TN 7-4 :cry:

Ben Johnson TN, won his next two matches 4-2, 5-2 and got stuck in the semi's

Ben Warner won 3-0 and stuck one :D

Ben lost 4-0 to Chelednick and lost 11-5.

2-2 for a kid as talented as Ben says alot about the quality of the wrestlers.

It will be interesting to see how our seniors do. " Derek Scott" 125

Tighten your boot straps.

Senior results:

119 Sudat(SD) WBF :22 over Eric Warner

125 Mele(UT) TF over Eric Bryant 19-4 4:22

125 Trombly(MI) TF over Derek Scott 18-2 5:32

135 Jacob Murton WBF over Kastler(NE) 3:21

Murton Dec. DeLorenzo(NY) 3-2

140 Conover(NY)Dec. Joe Powers 7-4

77wrestlers in 125 bracket

72 in 135 bracket

Sophomore National Finals coming up on the nhsca site.

At least Powers was respectable ! I'm glad to see that too, in light of someone using his winning state after only wrestling about a full year total as evidence KY wrestling is down. I disagree.

I think the results thus far and the rankings have shown favorable upon Ky. Scott's getting teched was a letdown ... but there's beasts out there. After all he beat warner 4 times who was respectable at jr. nationals.

No Kentucky boys were let downs,Scotts first match was against the seventh place finisher,Bryants first match was against the second place guy.He lost to usary of tennessee in overtime 11-9,2 time state champ.At these bigger tournanents ky boys get bad seedings and have little hope.Thanks to all thier effort and for the guts to go against the best,you have made us proud. :)

No Kentucky boys were let downs' date='Scotts first match was against the seventh place finisher,Bryants first match was against the second place guy.He lost to usary of tennessee in overtime 11-9,2 time state champ.At these bigger tournanents ky boys get bad seedings and have little hope.Thanks to all thier effort and for the guts to go against the best,you have made us proud. :)[/quote']

I agree, they have done well. I wish i hadn't used the word letdown, i meant that it was more that i was surprised he got beat that bad regardless of who he wrestled.

As good as he was, someone pinned Brad Cooper a few years back in like 30 seconds at senior nationals (i think, please correct me if thats not right). There's always a bigger fish ... and if you get seeded badly there's little one can do. The guys that went represented the state well i feel.

And thats leaving out that Starks and Sherer didn't go. Things would have just looked better, but i'm sure they have their reasons ... and good luck in college.

Murton did not place. He won some matches, but he lost like 7-1 in the winners bracket to Adams who next match threw down real well with Burroughs. I don't know what the score was on the match he lost in the consols.