Sign in to follow this  
Sprawl135

Weight Now / Desired Weight for Season

so back in the good ole days wrestlers were not smart enough stay after practice til there on weight and have the discipline to go home and not eat or drink anything?? thats a major problem i have with new wrestlers. we make em get on weight at practice, then they think its ok to go home and chow down. now given if you can float like i can (usually about 1 1/2- 2 lbs a night on an empty stomach) then you can have a lil to eat, but if your over god dont eat at night

This one wasn't smart enough.  :-D  Gotta remember we also did not have a fat test back then. No decent plan.  Most of us were probably well under the 7% or whatever the lowest % is now.  At least not till my Sr. year.  :evil:

i know that over the counter stuff is legal so i was wondering if anyone has or is taking anything and if it works?

it doesn't... and its dangerous. They think the football player from PRP that died was taking it and it could have been a contributin factor. I used it for a month and it didn't do anything more than what i wouldve lost normally. Not enough gain for the risks..

i know that over the counter stuff is legal so i was wondering if anyone has or is taking anything and if it works?

I would definitely advise you to talk to some adults (parents, coaches, trainers) before doing down that path.  As has been mentioned just because it is legal doesn't mean it won't play havoc on your body.  Get educated and talk to some folks (outside this website) before trying out any supplements.

This one wasn't smart enough.  :-D  Gotta remember we also did not have a fat test back then. No decent plan.  Most of us were probably well under the 7% or whatever the lowest % is now.  At least not till my Sr. year.  :evil:

not having the fat test would be great, i would be a 4 time varsity starter for wofo co if there were no fat tests.

Ya, I can bet I wouldn't passed a hydration test the morning of a tourney from about sophmore year on. My senior year I walked around at 135, and cut to 119. Body fat was at 3% when I was on weight. I was very smart about my weight and only missed it once in 5 years of varsity competitions. Dang Fudge Brownies!!! :lol:

Ya, I can bet I wouldn't passed a hydration test the morning of a tourney from about sophmore year on. My senior year I walked around at 135, and cut to 119. Body fat was at 3% when I was on weight. I was very smart about my weight and only missed it once in 5 years of varsity competitions. Dang Fudge Brownies!!! :lol:

I wish I could say I was that successful.  I missed weight a few times in my 4 years.  But I wasn't exactly smart about managing my weight.  And I cut way too much.  After my senior year (I wrestled at 112) I tested at less than 3% while weighing about 135.  Definitely not the way to go guys.

I always made weight.  I did the same as you Rider.  Went from 140 to 119 my Sr. year. 

When I went to the Dr. he told me he would not sign my physical if I was going 119.  I had to make a deal with him.  On Oct. 15th I had to weigh no more than 129.  I came in and weighed 129 1/4.  I told the nurse hold on, I took off my socks and dropped my drawers so I would be 129.  Dropped 9lbs in 1 day once to make the wt. thou. 

I wish they would have had the weight plan back then.  It would have kept me more on track.