Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Kyle Ruschell Interview

Cool interview coach.  Very inspiring.  Maybe you could make Kyle a regular spot on the site for like the "tip of the week" or something.

Great career by Ruschell, going up and down alot. Conference runner up sophomore year, then 5th in the conference senior year but 3rd in the nation as well?! Great career.

does kyle have another year left in college?

I believe so.  He redshirted his fresh year, plus in his interview it talks about having the goal as a national champion for next year.

Yes Ruschell will be a senior next year.  I think he's got as good a chance as anyone to beat Metcalf.  If Metcalf falls then I'd pick him to win it all.  Honestly he needs to get a little stronger; I think it would be the final piece to the puzzle.

It's crazy how Metcalf was unstoppable until his last match at Nationals.

Right. Now anyone has a chance to beat him. I think he will come out next year with a goal to destroy everyone and everything. He's probably lifting or doing something as we read and type.

Right. Now anyone has a chance to beat him. I think he will come out next year with a goal to destroy everyone and everything. He's probably lifting or doing something as we read and type.

People have been gunning at him. It's just haters that want to see him lose because if there is one thing a hater cannot stand it's a winner lol

I don't think most people on this site are haters, especially against Metcalf, but most of us would probably like to see Kyle beat him.

I don't think most people on this site are haters, especially against Metcalf, but most of us would probably like to see Kyle beat him.

I never said people on this site are haters... I don't just get on here... and second I would love to see Kyle beat him, I just don't think Kyle is on his level of intensity yet. Other than that Kyle is right up there with Metcalf. If he can control the pace and slow Metcalf's intensity he has a very legit chance. As for the haters I was referring to the people like on flowrestling like the Palmers who said it made their day to see Metcalf lose. Not singling out the Palmers but their were many people who didn't care who beat Metcalf they just wanted to see him lose. Yes those are called haters. Metcalf is the defintion of working hard and intensity he just did not bring his A game that last match. I'm not hating on Caldwell I actually congradulate him it takes guts to wrestle that fearless, but I hate to see people love to see someone lose rather than love to see someone win, a lot of times this happens with Woodford kids. You know what I mean? It's like they are saying it's bad to have a role model who works hard and brings intensity.

Props to both Metcalf and Caldwell.  Both good competitors.  Metcalf is very intense and wrestles all 7 minutes... that's what win's matches.  I did think he got away with some quick starts and pulling on headgear... but Caldwell managed to out slick, out wrestle, and out hussle him.  It was impressive to watch.  Let's hope Kyle can beat both next year... those are the matches I want to see and the only time I'm rooting against them.