takedown1gcl

woodford with 5 state champs!!!!!

Olympic Wish started a poll on Jan. 31 asking who thought Woodford would have 7 champs. We all said no way. And we were right, however if someone hadn't set their sights pretty high then Woodford may not have 5 champs today. Congrats Woodford!! on your championships and for having the wisdom to set high goals. I hope next year everyone else will set high goals too!

suprise...suprise Woodford had state champions AGAIN.. I count on seein that every year because its a awesome program but why do you guys seem 2 be so suprised that they r winners again this year,they are great in wrestling and the only thing they need 2 work on is the egos,but other than that good job

That is one thing i can agree with ... Woodford was very well behaved this year. The booing was hideous and those did it should be ashamed of themselves. No one even acted borderline from Woodford. Of course, they did win a lot ... so there wasn't much motivation to do so.

I think bone might be talking about the "I told you so" or "You got raped" (that was said ad verbatim) tone of some of the posts. It might feel good saying it, but it doesn't win you any friends. Even if its true, you don't tell an ugly person they're ugly if they didn't warrant the response. Kind of boorish .. and thats the only problem as i see it.

yeah grapplinfan thats a big part of what I'm talking about,what u mentioned...but mostly what I'm talkin about is how the fans carried themselves throughout the year like WCI that was ran horribly n the egos n attitudes some of the wrestlers have..... you see you have 2 wear the shoe to see it,If that was Wooford losing to LaRue would they had acted the same way...maybe....

The most class from that team this year was Rusty Parks and Richard Starks

but i wasnt at the state tournament so cannot really say much of how anyone acted that day sooo i cannot comment on how anyone acted that day in fact..

I checked North Hardin's history and they have never had 5 state champions in one tourney. They did have 3, on 3 or 4 occasions.

Congrats Woodford! You have a right to be very proud.

Woodford 2006 is not the first to have 5 state champions in one year.

Ahrens Trade had 5 the first stae toureny, with 12 wt classes.

Others that were close:

1986 Hopkinsville had 4 with 12 wt. classes

1980 Union Co had 4 with 12 wt. classes

1865 Ahrens Trade had 4 with 12 wt. classes

State champions teams with no state champs.

1978 North Hardin

1979 Boone Co.

1989 Trinity

1995 Sheldon Clark

1998 St. Xavier

IF you look at any of the programs at the state tourney they have all the state champions listed every year.

They don't list the teams that were in the1964 state tourney but these teams had state champions.

Aherns-----------------------------5

Millersburg Millitary---------------2

North Hardin----------------------2

St. Joseph Prep-------------------2

Kentucky School for the Blind---1