33. Oak Park River Forest IL

34. Goddard KS

35. Crown Point IN

36. Grand Island NE

37. Roseburg OR

38. Waverly-Shell Rock IA

39. Ponca City OK

40. Iowa City West

come on kentucky we gotta step it up we dnt even have one team on there. has kentucky ever had a team make sum noise in a national turrny

i dont think so.i really think if we opened up college wrestling for sec schools kentucky would sky rocket as a state for wrestling.

These schools travel to the top tournaments in the country, they have big budgets and high paid coaches for the most part.  Check out some of their schedules and you'll see what I'm talking about, it's pretty crazy.

At one time sec schools did have wrestling but title IX was put in and that cut a lot of program from

schhols including the sec.

trust me on this subject i know exactly what your talking about, but we have already talked about this awhile ago.

come on kentucky we gotta step it up we dnt even have one team on there. has kentucky ever had a team make sum noise in a national turrny

Trinity is coming to the Clash this year, do you think they can compete with the teams attending this year.  They must feel they are on the verge of being a top 40 team.  Here is the Clash website to see some of the nationally ranked teams that will be attending!

www.clashmn.com

For once in my life I'll be rooting for Trinity.

hahaha, i wish wofo would go, that would be great. we use to go to Hammer and Anvil, and that was a pretty big tourney of ohio boys

At one time sec schools did have wrestling but title IX was put in and that cut a lot of program from

schhols including the sec.

Title IX was originally the problem, but now they just don't feel the need to have it.  There is Girls College Wrestling, and really plenty of other girls sports allowing for Wrestling to easily be fit in.  Kentucky D1 schools just don't feel it is worth their while.  I personnally have written letters to appeal to this, but to no avail and it saddens me.

Title IX was originally the problem, but now they just don't feel the need to have it.  There is Girls College Wrestling, and really plenty of other girls sports allowing for Wrestling to easily be fit in.  Kentucky D1 schools just don't feel it is worth their while.  I personnally have written letters to appeal to this, but to no avail and it saddens me.

Kentucky has their basketball, and Louisville has their... what ever they have. Lol. UofL might consider it, but what conference would they wrestle in?

The one that they already are in... The Big East

But there are no other Big East schools that have wrestling. So how would that work? They can't just wrestle a non-conference schedule and then do nothing after that. Maybe they would be like Notre Dame, Navy, and Army in football and be a 1-A independent, and schedule whoever and however they want?

EWL pretty much is the Big East of wrestling; "Eastern Wrestling League"

EWL consists of: Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Clarion, Pittsburgh, Cleveland State, and West Virginia.

EWL had 5 All Americans this year with one National Champion at 165, and a Runner Up at 125.

EWL pretty much is the Big East of wrestling; "Eastern Wrestling League"

EWL consists of: Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Clarion, Pittsburgh, Cleveland State, and West Virginia.

EWL had 5 All Americans this year with one National Champion at 165, and a Runner Up at 125.

You forgot Edinboro. Paul Donahoe(runner-up 125) and Jarrod King(165 NC) both wrestle for the scots.

I always thought Univ of Louisville would be a great candidate to add wrestling. I could never get any responses back from the University about the subject.

Northern KY would also be a good candidate. Great location, state school (affordable).

They are in the middle of switching to a new Athletic Director. They have also let it be known they intend to look into D1 status in the future. I contacted the current and outgoing AD about wrestling and she replied that it just didnt fit into their athletics program at the time. She cited that none of the other schools in the GLVC offered the sport and they would have to travel to much on their own and it would be to expensive. All good reasons but with the new AD and possible new D1 status and conference alignments maybe it could fall into place. A little support from a state official could really help the cause! 

I always thought Univ of Louisville would be a great candidate to add wrestling. I could never get any responses back from the University about the subject.

I did too. Jurich's son wrestled at Ballard.

I did too. Jurich's son wrestled at Ballard.

He certainly did... Both Brian and his older brother Mark had wrestling experience coming from Colorado.  Shame Jurich doesn't see the benefits.

You forgot Edinboro. Paul Donahoe(runner-up 125) and Jarrod King(165 NC) both wrestle for the scots.

My bad. That's funny though that Jurich's son/sons wrestled at Ballard. There very well may be a future for wrestling at UofL. What could be done by us as a state to influence the decision?