MAC

WHO IS THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT IN KENTUCKY WRESTLING HISTORY?

Ok, hope this doesn't PO fatman, but is that Gartha Herring?  That dude was ROUND...but could do a backflip.  Very quick and aggressive.   I would throw these guys in the top 5, and in no specific order:

Frank Wolnitzek

Bruce Stepp

Livingston Merrit

Lawrence Woodford

Chris Floyd

Honorable mention:

Ryan Putthof

Anthony Bailey

Gartha Herring

Bruce Stepp spent a total of about 6 minutes on the mat at state his senior year, but I think Marritt would beat him heads up.

Ok, hope this doesn't PO fatman, but is that Gartha Herring?  That dude was ROUND...but could do a backflip.  Very quick and aggressive.   I would throw these guys in the top 5, and in no specific order:

Frank Wolnitzek

Bruce Stepp

Livingston Merrit

Lawrence Woodford

Chris Floyd

Honorable mention:

Ryan Putthof

Anthony Bailey

Gartha Herring

fatman is not gartha herring its livingston merrit

Dion Washington

I don't think Chris Floyd should be on the list, Josh Burton teched him Floyd's sophomore year.  Floyd won twice when the weight class was weak.

Dion Washington

I don't think Chris Floyd should be on the list, Josh Burton teched him Floyd's sophomore year.  Floyd won twice when the weight class was weak.

Kids can make huge strides from Soph to Sr year.  I put him on here because he was a 2xer and made all american at nationals I think his senior year.  To me that sets some of these guys ahead of the others.  Frank Wolnitzek, same thing.  I believe took 5th his sr year.  2X undefeated HWT state champ to boot.

deff bailey cus his only loss his senior year was to a guy from out of state and he dominated hvywt the whole entire year

I believe he lost to Payne from Iroquois during the season.