Sign in to follow this  
chapper88

Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???

Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???

• Union
    • Trinity

Yall must forgot that fahy went to a few union practices. Him and elam practiced together. But elam had way to much strength and he is also fast as lightning. But fahy had better technique. It would be close but there is no way that there would be any major dec in that match. I seen them wrestle with my own eyes. Only a few people saw them wrestle and i was one of them. So i have a pretty good idea.

Yall must forgot that fahy went to a few union practices. Him and elam practiced together. But elam had way to much strength and he is also fast as lightning. But fahy had better technique. It would be close but there is no way that there would be any major dec in that match. I seen them wrestle with my own eyes. Only a few people saw them wrestle and i was one of them. So i have a pretty good idea.

but im sure john fahy has improved since last year when he went to the union county practices

Sorry to burst your bubble chapper but the only Union practices John went to were before he started 8th grade which was over a year and half ago.  At the time Jarvis was weighing about 120-125 (pre football season) and John weighed about 95.  Even then it was competative.  It might be a little different now.  :-)  But I'm not going to get into the debate.  It would be a fun match though.

Both were great teams and with several outstanding individual wrestlers.

I have to disagree with those who think wright  vs lewis is close?  Lewis pinned or majored wright last year and was beating him 10-0 ? and made mistake Yes got pinned but those two at their best and Lewis takes it hands down! And as far as Griggs vs Messina not even close last 2 times they met as Messina  Owned Griggs!!!  I agree this duel would be a tossup ,but as far as 08-09 Trinity won with Fahy,Bradbury,Brad Hitchings,Messina and Whiting all not wrestling !

I thnk the Carr - Hitchings match would be a lot closer.  Remember your talking about Hitchings from this year vs. Carr from last year.  I think Carr got 4th last year vs Hitchings who got 8th. 

125 I think would be closer as well.  Wempe got 4th last year vs. Gillespie who got 7th this year.

Overall it would be an interesting match up.

i agree with these placing results, they are accurate. but you first must take into account that 125, while being very deep this year, was much deeper last year, so a 7th finish and a 4th finish is much father apart than they appear. also, i wrestled jake wempe last year, and he pinned me in the second period. i wrestled sean gilespie this year, and beat him by a major decision, or close to it. so i dont see that match being close at all.

also, brent hitchings from trinity wrestled our 119 this year and got beat by him. he was getting worked on the mat, and seeing as carr is a fairly good mat wrestler, i dont see that one being too close either. although carr may not have been a good mat wrestler last year.

either way i give the wins to aaron carr and and jake wempe very easily.

i agree with these placing results, they are accurate. but you first must take into account that 125, while being very deep this year, was much deeper last year, so a 7th finish and a 4th finish is much father apart than they appear. also, i wrestled jake wempe last year, and he pinned me in the second period. i wrestled sean gilespie this year, and beat him by a major decision, or close to it. so i dont see that match being close at all.

also, brent hitchings from trinity wrestled our 119 this year and got beat by him. he was getting worked on the mat, and seeing as carr is a fairly good mat wrestler, i dont see that one being too close either. although carr may not have been a good mat wrestler last year.

either way i give the wins to aaron carr and and jake wempe very easily.

agreed. good assessment.

Hmm i wonder how each of these teams would match up against the 2004 campbell county team. Undefeated state champs. Not sure of the record, does anyone have there line-up?

Hmm i wonder how each of these teams would match up against the 2004 campbell county team. Undefeated state champs. Not sure of the record, does anyone have there line-up?

103 Kyle Griffith (8) 2-2

112 Dan Hurrelbrink (12) 2-2

119 Jake Hagedorn (11) 2-2

125 Ben Hines (12) 4-1 2nd

130 Cory Bankemper (12) 7-1 3rd

135 Bo Hines (12) 5-0 1st

140 Brian Wilson (10) 1-2

145 Aaron Hickey (12) 5-2 5th

152 Mike Nolan (11) 5-0 1st

160 Adam Moeves (12) 4-1 2nd

171 Jim Houze (12) 7-1 3rd

189 Kevin Orth (11) 3-3 6th

215 Travis Friedly (11) 3-2

275 Andy Hagedorn (12) 5-1 3rd

Man this team was stackedd!!!

103 Kyle Griffith (8) 2-2

112 Dan Hurrelbrink (12) 2-2

119 Jake Hagedorn (11) 2-2

125 Ben Hines (12) 4-1 2nd

130 Cory Bankemper (12) 7-1 3rd

135 Bo Hines (12) 5-0 1st

140 Brian Wilson (10) 1-2

145 Aaron Hickey (12) 5-2 5th

152 Mike Nolan (11) 5-0 1st

160 Adam Moeves (12) 4-1 2nd

171 Jim Houze (12) 7-1 3rd

189 Kevin Orth (11) 3-3 6th

215 Travis Friedly (11) 3-2

275 Andy Hagedorn (12) 5-1 3rd

Man this team was stackedd!!!

You want to see a stacked team, go back another year to South Oldhams team.  All but one guy placed!

103 Ben Denny 12 5- 1 3rd

112 Derek Scott 9 4- 2 4th

119 Chris Skaggs 12 6- 2 4th

125 Alan Oliver 12 4- 1 2nd

130 Billy Whitehouse 12 4- 1 2nd

135 Will VanNostrand 12 3- 3 6th

145 Steve Lovewell 12 5- 0 1st

152 Jamie Cantrell 12 4- 2 7th

160 Nick Fiser 12 5- 0 1st

171 Greg Minwell 12 5- 2 4th

189 Patrick Sims 12 5- 2 7th

215 Taylor Scherer 9 3- 3 6th

275 Nathan Pulliam 11 5- 2 4th

Here are the South Oldham results from 2003.  The next closest team to them was 75 or so points away.  Only guy who didn't place was their 140 (I feel real bad for that guy).  I think what was the icing on the cake for Coach Fiser was the fact his son won the 160 that year.  13 out of 14 of your wrestlers place and your son wins his weight class.  That has to be about the best feeling you can have as a coach.

What stands out most about that So Oldham team was there were no real superstars (were any of them multiple state winners??), they were just a ridiculously hard working group of kids that all pushed each other to be great. Thats the definition of team work.

What stands out most about that So Oldham team was there were no real superstars (were any of them multiple state winners??), they were just a ridiculously hard working group of kids that all pushed each other to be great. Thats the definition of team work.

some of them were multiple state champs after that year scott was a 2x and scherer was a 3x

103 John Fahy major decision Jarvis Elam                (4-0)          Trinity

112 Myron Bradbury pin Issac Thomas                    (10-0)         Trinity

119 Aaron Carr pin Brent Hitchings                         (10-6)         Trinity

125 Jake Wempe major Sean Gillespie                     (10-10)

130 Caleb Ervin pin Bradon Birk                              (10-16)        Union

135 Luke Ervin pin Matt Matheny                           (10-22)         Union

140 Matt Young dec ???                                       (10-25)        Union

145 Grant Ohlmann dec Issac Ervin                         (13-25)        Union

152 Erin McCauley tech Joshua Willet                      (18-25)        Union

160 Mitch Ervin pin Cooper Bohn                             (18-31)        Union

171 Brad Hitchings pin Jarrod Burke                          (24-31)       Union

189 Josh Lewis tech Diante Wright                           (29-31)       Union

215 Brock Messina major Levi Griggs                         (33-31)       Trinity

285 Jordan Whiting pin ???                                      (39-31)       Trinity

Just my personal opinion. Lot of major mismatches, so there would be lots of pins. This is all assuming that kids wrestled their regular weight classes, with no bumping around to get a score advantage. Trinity starts off strong with the first two, then Union owns the middle weights, but Trinity makes the comeback with 171-285. The hinges are basically on the 189 and 215 matches.

there is no way fahy would have a chance at majoring jarvis. i think that the match could be really close but most likely that jarvis would win by 4 or 5. and IMO ohlman would not have a chance to beat ervin.

Yes i agree. I mean jarvis beat bradbury and there is no way that fahy is that much better than bradbury. Thats "IF" he is better.

The best measure would be if elam and fahy had wrestled the same wrestler.  Paden is that same wrestler.  elam beat paden 10-5 at the state tournament in 2008.  Fahy beat Paden 14-3 one year later at the state tournament.  Fahy wins, no question.

i believe fayh and elam wrestled in practices and that elam would control their live matches. i could be wrong but its been said many times

ya that was when elam was about 20 pounds heavier than fahy and fahy is better than he was a year ago

Fayhe is the best wrestler in the state. He wins this match. Not even close. No need for discussion. If you've seen both of them wrestle, you'll realize why I say this.

okay so when it comes to fayh vs. elam we can all agree to take sides and agree to disagree with the others.

now on to ohlman beating ervin. i just cant see that happening ever. 10 out of 10 times isaac wins. i say he could even major him. not that he would but he would have a chance.