Sign in to follow this  
magicman

best wrestling family

lets hear it go theres alot i think top two will be ervins and carrs but what are some others and some of your thoughts coaches and wrestlers and hot girls :evil:

you're crazy. 10 state championships split between 8 people and caleb is just a sophomore and Brock will be the best. Not to mention the fact that they have single handedly brought union county from the dead to a state championship team through the wrestlers and coaches that are ervins.

easily the Ervins IMO just what they have done for Union County and all the individual titles they have won. Brock has the potential right now to be a 4 time champ if he gets big enough. A more interesting argument is to find out families for each school. I remember the only way we had a semi-full team this year was through bunches of brothers wrestling. 3 Gittings, 2 Arruguins, 2 Mannings, 2 Sahms....

You can also look at father son combinations. I'm sure the Ervins are in on this as well. I know Harrison's dad wrestled for Woodford co. I'm sure there are more out there from the schools with long established programs.

Mark Hitchings was a state champ and i bet both of his sons are and my sons will be working for titles as well plus mybrothers sons are coming back to ky from california which will make 6 lampes wrestling in the next 5 years.

you're crazy. 10 state championships split between 8 people and caleb is just a sophomore and Brock will be the best. Not to mention the fact that they have single handedly brought union county from the dead to a state championship team through the wrestlers and coaches that are ervins.

I definately think this topic should be renamed to "2nd Best Wrestling Family" because we all know that the ervins are numero uno...

I would say Coopers, what Ervin has done anything in college at any level? Im not hatn i just dont know and have never heard of anything past HS, I mean wrestling is dam important but getting your education and a degree is more important unless you feel fast food rest. is the way to go.

I would say Coopers, what Ervin has done anything in college at any level? Im not hatn i just dont know and have never heard of anything past HS, I mean wrestling is dam important but getting your education and a degree is more important unless you feel fast food rest. is the way to go.

Oh boy... First. Tim Ervin was a runner up in the NCAA in college at whatever level he was at. Robert and Gary also wrestled in college. Second, the Ervin family is one of the most affluent families in the state. Owned a multi-million dollar cable business.

Mark Hitchings was a state champ and i bet both of his sons are and my sons will be working for titles as well plus mybrothers sons are coming back to ky from california which will make 6 lampes wrestling in the next 5 years.

I didn't know they are coming back!!  How far down the road until this happens.  Thats great to hear!

I don't know about the Ervin's but if you start talking about college wrestling then the Carr's have it. 5 brothers all of them made All-American status (thats a record) and Joe jr being a national qualifier.

The Cole family still has to be considered one of the top, if not the top.

Cole family batting average: 100%

3 wrestling Coles, 3 state champs.

Todd Cole 155 champ, 145 runner-up. Todd beat up Kentucky's 1981 All American causing him to move up to 167. Todd was an animal.

Tom Cole 132 champ. Tom was in a car accident and broke his femur in half requiring surgery. He was unable to wrestle his sophomore and junior year. As a senior, he pinned through districts, regions and state.

Troy Cole. As an 8th grader he forfeited the state championship to a kid he beat twice during the year. Troy could and should have been Ky's first 8th grade state champ. 4th place as a freshman(had a belly full of eggs he had to lay, lol) State champ 138 and 145 MOW.State runner up at 155 his senior year.

Is there any other family with multiple wrestlers who have a 100% state champ average?

If you are a Cole, you are a state champ.

10 state championships is a lot, but the coopers have 6 between four wrestlers.  thats MORE THAN HALF of what the ervins have with half as many wrestlers, and kevin placed 3rd as an 8th grader, so im sure he'll add to that list as well.