Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

State Qualifiers Not Going

alex van winkle isn't going to state this year he placed 6th in the region this year after getting 2nd last year

Sorry to hear, but I don't think that is what the poster meant.  I think he's trying to see if any alternates are going to have to be used.

I heard that 4th: Tyler Martin, Hopkinsville High School 3- 2

5th: Brent Feher, Owensboro Apollo 3- 2

6th: Zach Green, Fort Campbell 1- 3

all had to forfeit there spot to state which according to rule 13. b. If all alternates whom place should happen to all not make it to state  a vote can be placed for an alternate out of that region at that weight.

Which means all the coaches voted Jake Skinner to wrestle as a 4th seed at state. He still has eligibilty due to red shirting his freshman year.

This should stir up some action at 130  :evil:

montgomery countys 103 was ranked like 13th in the state and didn't make it to state

so sad, but not relevant... this is about people who DID qualify, but are not going because of injury...

As his coach i'm sure, unless he dosn't make weight.

well then its good that he will get to compete in the biggest Kentucky tourny of the year. it would have been horrible to work hard all year and then not get a chance to compete for a state title.

P.S.- y did he start a thread saying he wouldnt then?

well then its good that he will get to compete in the biggest Kentucky tourny of the year. it would have been horrible to work hard all year and then not get a chance to compete for a state title.

P.S.- y did he start a thread saying he wouldnt then?

Lets just say without coaching and parent intervention with me, he almost didn't go. Enough said.

jake skinner is already out of school..lol... there is no red shirting in high school!!! he wrestled 130 last year and he placed 8th. :mrgreen:

6th buddy boy 6th lol