Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - FEB 4

I think it is better to have a JV Region and State, more kids get to wrestle. Yes the top guys could be starters on other teams, and some could even place at Frankfort.

why not do both, and let the wrestler decide? if the coach and the wrestler both want him to wrestle at varsity regionals, let him as long as there is a spot for him. otherwise send him with the jvs.

I can't take it any more.  You all are goofy.  Think about this TC you think your team is tough and is going to win regions great, but WC has a couple of studs at one weight class and the jv guy knocks your on the bubble kid out of his points.  Your team loses regions by a couple of points and that poor senior bubble boy who has busted his behind the past 4 years just to get into the varsity line up just got knocked out of going to state by a jv wrestler.  Not gonna happen.  Ryle has several young men on their jv squad who would most definitely be wrestling varsity for over half the schools in the state.  Campbell County, St. X, Trinity  and others could also be added to the list.  I don't think you are going to have many coaches from the other teams trying to get their boys to Frankfort in February lining up with the thought of making it tougher.  Up until last year if you wrestled junior varsity there was no tournament at all.  It is great that someone has taken the time to put that event together.  Life Lesson:  This notion that everyone should get to play all started before most of you young wrestlers were born.  Some pipe smoking psychologist decided that little Johnny should get to play baseball or basketball or little Janie should get to  cheerlead even though he/she stinks at it so as to not injure his/her fragile little psyche; instead of letting them find something that they were good at we dulled down the level of competition so that everyone can play.  In the old days back in the 70's (that is scary to say) and from the beginning of time, one found out much earlier say in the 5th or 6th grade that "hey" maybe I am not good enough to play basketball since I didn't make the team. but now you have to wait until you get into high school to find that out.  The disappointment is the same.  The difference is it took Johnny and Janie six more years to find out that life isn't always a bowl of cherries.  WELL I GUESS I WILL GET OFF THE SOAP BOX NOW.  UH! Sorry :|

I can't take it any more.  You all are goofy.  Think about this TC you think your team is tough and is going to win regions great, but WC has a couple of studs at one weight class and the jv guy knocks your on the bubble kid out of his points.  Your team loses regions by a couple of points and that poor senior bubble boy who has busted his behind the past 4 years just to get into the varsity line up just got knocked out of going to state by a jv wrestler.  Not gonna happen.  Ryle has several young men on their jv squad who would most definitely be wrestling varsity for over half the schools in the state.  Campbell County, St. X, Trinity  and others could also be added to the list.  I don't think you are going to have many coaches from the other teams trying to get their boys to Frankfort in February lining up with the thought of making it tougher.  Up until last year if you wrestled junior varsity there was no tournament at all.  It is great that someone has taken the time to put that event together.  Life Lesson:  This notion that everyone should get to play all started before most of you young wrestlers were born.  Some pipe smoking psychologist decided that little Johnny should get to play baseball or basketball or little Janie should get to  cheerlead even though he/she stinks at it so as to not injure his/her fragile little psyche; instead of letting them find something that they were good at we dulled down the level of competition so that everyone can play.  In the old days back in the 70's (that is scary to say) and from the beginning of time, one found out much earlier say in the 5th or 6th grade that "hey" maybe I am not good enough to play basketball since I didn't make the team. but now you have to wait until you get into high school to find that out.  The disappointment is the same.  The difference is it took Johnny and Janie six more years to find out that life isn't always a bowl of cherries.  WELL I GUESS I WILL GET OFF THE SOAP BOX NOW.  UH! Sorry :|

Yea what he said! :-D

I heard  

2   SO   Ryan Houchens   12  (Knee)

17   Lar Co   David Blair         (Hand)

were both done for the season, can anyone confirm or deny? :?

well ryledad, nowhere in my statements did i say that tc was going to beat woodford in the regions, actually i have said the opposite if you read my posts. i also didnt want to have our teams jvs wrestle cause i thought they were better than another teams varsity, i just thought it may be cool for a team that had a couple great jvs, to allow both starting guys to wrestle. if a kid is good enough to place in state, or even the region, why shouldnt he be aloud to wrestle in it? wrestling is more individual than it is team anyway, is it not?

ya but then so what if a varsity kid got knocked off by a JV? it would make an example of them and everyone else would elevate their training throughout the year so it wouldnt happen to them and they wouldn't get embarrassed, which in turn would make Kentucky Wrestling stronger and more competitive. :evil:

there you go fearless, great example. i agree completely, if the jv kid is good enough to knock off a fourth year senior, then he deserves to be wrestling in the tournament. it is unfortunate he got stuck behind superman in the lineup. :lol:

TC125  Let me explain.  This was a hypothetical scenario.  I was not inferring that you said that TC would beat WC or that your JV studs would make it through regionals.  I only meant to say it just isn't going to happen.  MyGSP stated gain weight, lose weight, or beat varsity.  There is no better example of that this year than Brent Hitchings.  He weighs 115 pounds ringing wet and I don't think anyone in the state could deny that he would be one of the top 5 3pounders.  Unfortunately for him letting the #2 guy from a team compete just doesn't happen.  Did he cry?  No he moved into a weight that he has a varsity spot and the opportunity to make it to the big show.  Middle school teams are already belly aching about kids wrestling unattached who wrestled for a team all year long. I see them changing their rules fairly soon.  I guess that is all I have to say about this subject which is "not gonna happen".  So no worries TC125.

BTW.  aloudmeans orally to be heard and allowedmeans given permission.  This is your English lesson for the day.  Maybe you can use that in the classroom tomorrow.  See, this forum is educational.

RyleDad, people don't like it when you correct them. I got quite a few smites last time I did.  :evil:

actually i like having my grammer corrected, it makes me smarter, than you ryle for the correction, i will use the right spelling of the word next time i use it, and on to my point. you are correct it may not happen, but brent hitchings not crying about the subject wouldnt matter, if he was able to compete at 112, or 103 where he wants to as unattached. his scenario is also different, because isnt he wrestling varsity at 119? i was stating this scenario for a wrestler who was unable to wrestle varsity, at any weight. not one who merely has to bump up.

RyleDad, people don't like it when you correct them. I got quite a few smites last time I did.  :evil:

i can see that you got them somewhere but now i will applaud you for trying to be helpful instead of spiteful :-D

i can see that you got them somewhere but now i will applaud you for trying to be helpful instead of spiteful :-D

Well, thank you Forever. I applaud you, too! 'Course it could have been how I did it. I can be a little sarcastic.  :-D

But I also think if you can't take a little ribbing on this site, don't log on!

shut up kasey. But yesterday at practice kasey hedges got dominated in a wrestling match against Jason gray. Granted there is about a 180 pound difference between the two, I was really expecting more from kasey. Haha

lol yeah jason is a little bit bigger than me, but i really felt i could have done better than just one takedown. jason isnt even ranked, maybe he should be moved up? :-D

Well TC125 I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree or MAYBE. Let's do it like knothole baseball.  Sign all the kids up because how would it be fair for a coach to choose just one or two studs from the jv lineup. Better yet we only have about fourteen hundred little Johnnies who wrestle in the state of Kentucky and we don't want to disappoint sooooo lets bring everyone up to northern Kentucky.  The university has a beautiful new arena and we can host a tournament for everyone who came out to at least one practice this year.  Everyone can say that they qualified for state and we can give participation medals.  Of course we will give 6 inch medals for the top 25 in each weight class.  We can then postpone until after high school graduation what goes on in the real world.  Hmmmm.  I think I might need to start smoking a pipe.  Now don't we all feel much better about ourselves and the world?   Who needs a hug?  :lol: