Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 14

Dustin Burchett (Sheldon Clark) was beating Vince Staten (McCreary Central) 3-1, while Staten Stalled the whole 3rd period waiting till the last 30 seconds to making a move, and ended up pinning Burchett.

Also, Ryan Harlow (Johnson Central) beat Staten in overtime.

i would say because the way bradbury wrestles that lenz would have a beteer shot at beating zarth but the fact of the matter is that shot is very small but i would also say that lenz has a better shot at making it to the finals at 112 than at 119

I dont think he has a shot at making it to the finals at either weight class. There are just better kids in both...

If Lowe beat mghee of JH then there will be a change when the next rankings come out because mghee is ranked #30 at 152 and Lowe is ranked #35.

Both wrestlers have dropped to 145.  Makes keeping the rankings updated that much harder.

i would say because the way bradbury wrestles that lenz would have a beteer shot at beating zarth but the fact of the matter is that shot is very small but i would also say that lenz has a better shot at making it to the finals at 112 than at 119

Plus i mean it doesn't seem like alot but the weight change shuts lenz down , logsdon proved that at region 7 super duals. Lenz had logsdon worked for the first period, but logsdon came back with  17 16 victory. Got to handle the weight the whole match.

exactly the point. anyone thats made a five pound change from 25 to 30 or 35 to 40 for example knows how much of a change in strength that is. can you imagine 12 to 19?

exactly the point. anyone thats made a five pound change from 25 to 30 or 35 to 40 for example knows how much of a change in strength that is. can you imagine 12 to 19?

Im a 112 forced to wrestle 119 for lineup issues, and the difference is huge. I consider it a miracle I win any matches when im at such a disadvantage. But I finally get to go down to 112 this weekend

While there seems to be a lot of debate about wrestling up I have a great example of how that can hinder a kid.  Bourbon's 119 Lopez wrestled up all year and finally got to 112 at Tates Creek tournament.  He finished 4th there and finished 4th at Capital city.  He has pinned Brad Milford twice, once at 119 and once at 112 (TCI) and he beat Gies from Boone at Capital City.  So getting in the proper weight class that suits your skill, size and strength is very important.  Lopez might even deserve a ranking this week.  What do you think Ranger.

I guess Robbie Sahms quit. Mrs Gusse changed her mind and refused to let him go 130 anymore this season, and Robbie got pissed off and quit. Zach Green is our 130 now. He placed 5th at 119 (regionals) last year filling in for Robbie