Sign in to follow this  

Fahy breaking Win Record?

Who all thinks that Fahy will have the record for wins by the time he graduates?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who all thinks that Fahy will have the record for wins by the time he graduates?

• Yes
    • No

I definitely think it is possible, but would it be out of reach seeing as how he did't wrestle varsity his 7th and 8th grade years?

trinity does not allow middle school wrestlers to wrestle for their highscool because of the touchy subject about highschools recruiting kids.

Trinity does not allow middle schoolers to compete on their high school teams.  With only 4 years to pad his stats I don't think Fahy has a shot at the record.

You also have to consider level of competition. I believe that John will probably wrestle a higher level of competition through his high school career. He has up to this point.

I totally agree that records for high school wins while in high school should count.  Otherwise certain kids that don't get to wrestle while in middle school are completely eliminated i.e. John Fahy or whoever. I wonder what the record for high school wins only would be!

I can pretty much guarantee that this will NOT happen.  First, John already has 2 losses this season (both at the Beast of the East).  Second, he will be wrestling in as many national level tournaments as he is eligible for (ie Super32, Beast of the East, Ironman, etc).  He has already wrestled in 3 this year (Cliff Keen Kickoff in Tulsa, Super 32, and Beast of the East) and has losses in all 3.  Third, he has no interest in pursuing this kind of record.  Those numbers are a credit to anyone that has had the determination and ability to amass that many victories however speaking for John I can say the main thing he is interested in is KY State titles (both team and individual) and National tournament placements.   

I can pretty much guarantee that this will NOT happen.  First, John already has 2 losses this season (both at the Beast of the East).  Second, he will be wrestling in as many national level tournaments as he is eligible for (ie Super32, Beast of the East, Ironman, etc).  He has already wrestled in 3 this year (Cliff Keen Kickoff in Tulsa, Super 32, and Beast of the East) and has losses in all 3.  Third, he has no interest in pursuing this kind of record.  Those numbers are a credit to anyone that has had the determination and ability to amass that many victories however speaking for John I can say the main thing he is interested in is KY State titles (both team and individual) and National tournament placements.     

Pursuing those types of goals will enable him to reach the ultimate potential of his talents......which are great. Best of luck to him-I am sure he will continue to be successful.

Who was 306-1?  Where do we find such records published or does this just come from the minds of our prominent historians of Kentucky Wrestling?

I concur that Fahy has no chance as he'll wrestle at most 60-70 matches per year in high school competition.

Travis Sullivan has the nation record of 306-1

started in the 7th grade

Travis Sullivan has the nation record of 306-1

started in the 7th grade

He may have won 306 matches in grades 7-12, but he lost a few more than 1 in that time.

idk ranger. if he does have more losses they came in middle school. i hear he only lost one match though.can you imagine only losing one match your entire highschool career? thats insane.

Did he wrestle for the high school team while he was in middle school. If he was varsity than he had to have more than one loss if not than he would have won more than 3 state titles.

Did he wrestle for the high school team while he was in middle school. If he was varsity than he had to have more than one loss if not than he would have won more than 3 state titles.

that is very true. didnt think of that.

idk ranger. if he does have more losses they came in middle school. i hear he only lost one match though.can you imagine only losing one match your entire highschool career? thats insane.

What!?!?! that info is crap,, not true, a lie. Travis Sullivan wasn't any good in Middle school, Coty Lewis teched him at the 90 pound weight class at state in the 2nd round, and this was his 8th grade year, in 7th grade i had never even heard the name travis sullivan, it wouldn't of mattered because the good kids at 86, or 75 ( the only two weight-classes i can think he wrestled) at 86 Lucas Carman was the best along with Andre Zeppa, at 75 it was Tommy Warren, Shane Parks, Josh Johnson and Jon Voth. if nething i give him the 306 but i give him at least 8 or 9 losses, prolly way more.

Sullivan lost to Dan Hurrelbrink(CC), Nick Cory(PCC), Coty Lewis(WC), and Caleb Wood(FC) at the state tournament his 7th and 8th grade years.

Those are just the state tournament losses.  Include region and a few during those 2 seasons and you get a few more than 1.  I believe the 1 loss is correct during grades 9-12.  But if you only look at that he didn't get the 306.

Okay, so the number is 304.  That is an average of 76 per season over 4 years.  That is a lot of total matches, not just wins.  Given that some of his 17 weighins will be duals/tris with only a couple matches and the tough competition that he (and Trinity) will seek out it just can't happen.  BUT, that in no way will impact how I compare these two after Fahy's HS career is finished.