Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

Lafayette 5 Star 1-10-08

The day is usually over before 8pm if I remember right. This tournament has been ran like this for at least 8 yrs now, I wrestled in it when I was in school. Its a different type of tournament that you usually go to. Coach McCoy and his staff always do a great job of running it

Sorry I was wrong about 8pm, I walked off the mat at 8:05pm LOL, what a great day of wrestling!

I didn't see Mims or Podgorski from Henry Clay or Sutter from Bryan Station.  Griggs did not wrestle in the medal rounds.  Reitz won 13 matches against Tates Creek, only Gray won for TC.

josh moss looked good at 135, took 1st.  Lenz went 119 and one match at 125 I think.

Moss definately came wit his game face on today. That is the absolute best i've ever seen him wrestle. Great job Moss. As for me I weighed in at 119 but bumped to wrestle 125.

Guest Full Quarter

Moss definately came wit his game face on today. That is the absolute best i've ever seen him wrestle. Great job Moss. As for me I weighed in at 119 but bumped to wrestle 125.

If you weighed in a 119, why did you bump up to wrestle 125?  Easier bracket (no Zarth, Indiana kid)?  You still planning on going 112?

Assuming they both make it out of their pools, #4 in KY Pat Milford will wrestle #4 in IN Brian Kuhn in the semi finals.

How did this match go? 

Lenz wrestled 125 because we were trying to beat Henry Clay in the dual match.  After we bumped him up against Henry Clay the only way we could get him out of the pool was to wrestle him at 125.

WOW. TC got dominated. All their wrestlers healthy? Is Reitz that good?

Indianamat.com Team Rankings 1/6/09

Written by decbell1 on January 6th, 2009

Full Rankings and Breakdowns can be found here:

1. Mishawaka (11-0)

2. Perry Meridian (8-0)

3. Evansville Mater Dei (6-0)

4. Crown Point (7-1)

5. Cathedral (9-2)

6. Bellmont (11-0)

7. Merrillville (8-1)

8. Evansville Reitz (17-0)

9. Portage (18-3)

10. Carmel (4-2)

11. Lawrence North (9-4)

12. Castle (6-1)

13. Yorktown (15-0)

14. New Palestine (20-3)

15. Penn (7-1)

16. Center Grove (15-0)

17. Elkhart Memorial (10-0)

18. South Bend Riley (6-1)

19. New Castle (28-4)

20. Westfield (28-3)

So they're top 10 in a better state. TC is supposed to be a top 10 team in KY and that means not getting beat in 13 of 14 weight classes.  They had to have some kids out sick.  Did Hedges, Griggs and Brown all get beat?

So they're top 10 in a better state. TC is supposed to be a top 10 team in KY and that means not getting beat in 13 of 14 weight classes.  They had to have some kids out sick.  Did Hedges, Griggs and Brown all get beat?

I believe Hedges was TF'd hit some nice HiC's, but didn't turn the corner and cut across, guy neckwrenched him to his back at least twice of what I saw.  Griggs match was back and forth for a while, ran out of gas and maybe an injury but I think was pinned. 

Tates Creek got whipped, no excuses. However according to some on the team, they have been dealing with some injuries and sicknesses that severely limited what a few of their best wrestlers could do yesterday. The oppourtunity to wrestle against the kids from Reitz was something that could not be passed up even though resting would have better served about four guys yesterday.

Thank you to the host team on a great but long day of wrestling. There were some great individual matches yesterday. One being the 119 match with Johns and Zarth. In earlier post someone said it would be worth the price of admission. To bad they weren't charging that late in the day :-D As a parent, I would like to say I appreciate the class and manner that each young man displayed after the match. It always nice to see there are still good young men being taught to act like champions regardless of winning or losing. I appreciate seeing wrestlers respect one another even after the match. Matt came over to myself and Alex and congratulated Alex again after the awards. Hopefully I have raised my son to act the same as Mr. Zarth. I gave him my up most congratulations with a firm handshake and wished him the best of luck. It is my understanding he will be attending Davidson College next fall? Good luck again on winning another state title. After what I witnessed yesterday and what people told me at the tourney, I believe you will successful on any of your endeavors.

Mark Johns

Lenz wrestled 125 because we were trying to beat Henry Clay in the dual match.  After we bumped him up against Henry Clay the only way we could get him out of the pool was to wrestle him at 125.

So did Lenz wrestle in the 125 finals against Rueger (Reitz)?

So did Lenz wrestle in the 125 finals against Rueger (Reitz)?

Yeah it was me who wrestled him. I normally am wrestling 112 but am having a lil trouble gettin back down to weight after a 2 weeks rest. I weighed 119 at the tourney and must say that Blake is no joke.

Yeah it was me who wrestled him. I normally am wrestling 112 but am having a lil trouble gettin back down to weight after a 2 weeks rest. I weighed 119 at the tourney and must say that Blake is no joke.

yeah that kid was nasty. anytime i tried to do anything, i set it up perfect and threw it all perfect, but he was just so quick to counter i couldnt hit it. i wish i could have wrestled him later in the day after i was a little warm and had gotten to see him wrestle. it would have made it a much better match. but i have no excuses i wasnt sick, or injured. he flat out beat me. i wish him luck in indiana. i heard he was a freshman as well. that was my first loss of the season, and i can only be happy that it was to a very good wrestler and not just someone i overlooked. the closest we came to winning against rietz, besides nathans win, was zac brown. his match went into overtime. other than that, everyone got dominated. griggs started out wrestling well and actually had the lead for a little while. but rietz was so good on top, once he got down he didnt get up. he got stuck late in the third while being down by four i think.

Guest cmccoy

Results

1. Bryan Kuhn (Reitz) Dec. 21-5

2. John Anderson (Mont.)

3. Pat Milford (PLD) Pin 1:45

4. Mike Whalen (HC)

5. Brandon Abney (TC) Dec. 11-8

6. Camden Hanley (Laf)

7. Travis Schuyler (OC) Dec. 15-1

8. Anthony Shirley (Har)

1. Luke Troxell (WC) Dec. 10-7

2. Dee Leavell (CC)