Flyboy

State Duals?

What happened to Ryle?

There is a long answer to this, and a short answer to this.  For the long answer goto the NKAC thread under the High School wrestling forum.

The short answer is that Ryle had a "split squad" on the weekend of their conference tournament.  Most of their varsity line up was at the Glenn Sample Classic tournament in Cincinnati.  Ryle came in third at the conference tournament.  Region 6 sends their top 2 placers at the conference tournament, therefor Campbell County and Simon Kenton will represent Region 6 at State Duals.

I think that the Region 7 results would be different if they had done the tournament the way they had in the past few years.  Not all of the teams got to wrestle one another.  It wasn't a round robin.  It was divided into pools and they weren't evenly distributed.  That has been discussed on here previously.  It isn't a true representation of the teams from the 7th region.  Who ever decided to run the tournament this way needs to take a good long look at how it turned out and should think about going back to the round robin next year!

I think that the Region 7 results would be different if they had done the tournament the way they had in the past few years.  Not all of the teams got to wrestle one another.  It wasn't a round robin.  It was divided into pools and they weren't evenly distributed.  That has been discussed on here previously.  It isn't a true representation of the teams from the 7th region.  Who ever decided to run the tournament this way needs to take a good long look at how it turned out and should think about going back to the round robin next year!

Region 6 does pools.  How many teams are in region 7>  There are 10 in Region 6 I think.  Not feasible to do a round robin format.

How would the results have differed, in your opinion?

I don't have anything aganst Tates Creek but I they wouldn't have come in second had it been a round robin.  They were in the easiest pool to come out of.  There just wasn't that much competition in their pool.  If I am correct they had Dunbar, Montgomery Co. Madison Co. and Bryan Station and Western Hills.  Dunbar was their only competition.  Madison Co. is a first year team and  BStation and W Hills don't have full teams.  The other pool had Woodford, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Harrison, Franklin, and Bourbon Co.  The Woodford Co. pool was stacked.  Just my opinion.

Well in my opinion, TC is more than deserving of going to state duals. You have to keep in mind that dunbar placed fourth. Also, Franklin County came in second out of the other pool, and 3rd overall. TC wrestled them in the semi-finals and defeated them fairly easily. They also came the closest to beating Woodford out of any other team there. I don't know how you could say they aren't the second best team put of the region?

who do you think would have defeated tates creek for the number two spot, if it wasnt franklin county, who as already pointed out came in a close third?

Not sure about region one but I believe the two best dual teams would be Union and Christian. I hope Christian sends their squad to state duals this year though.

I see your point, wildeyes. Those aren't exactly equal pools. But I still think TC would've been 2nd. They beat Franklin, who beat Henry Clay. Maybe Harrison Co. could've had a shot at them, but I still think Creek would win that one closely.

TC is the second best dual team in Region 7. Regardless of the uneven pools, Creek still had to beat the second best team out of the other pool to take 2nd. 

So, who is the number 1 and whois the number two from Region 8 and does anyone know the results from the dual they had????  I have the feeling it was, shall we say, full of energy!!!   :-D