Sign in to follow this  
eaglewrestler12

Mason Reid vs. Brad Hitchings

Who will be the more successful wrestler? Last year, a senior Mason Reid dominated the sophomore Brad Hitchings. But how do you think a senior Hitchings stacks up against a senior Reid? This weekend Hitchings proved he could compete nationally just like Reid did last year. They both have identical showings at the Beast except Brad did it as a junior. I think if Brad can have another solid showing nationally next year, He will definitely receive more credit nationally. Please weigh-in with your thoughts on this subject

Who will be the more successful wrestler? Last year, a senior Mason Reid dominated the sophomore Brad Hitchings. But how do you think a senior Hitchings stacks up against a senior Reid? This weekend Hitchings proved he could compete nationally just like Reid did last year. They both have identical showings at the Beast except Brad did it as a junior. I think if Brad can have another solid showing nationally next year, He will definitely receive more credit nationally. Please weigh-in with your thoughts on this subject

personnally i never really thought reid was as good as everyone said. he seemed kind of untested, but then he placed at the beast. just looking at the guy, youd never know he was that good.

I don't know what Reid did between his sophomore and junior years. But the change in his skill was phenomenal. I remember watching Ben Rupp beat Reid convincingly at 06 States. Then, in 07 Reid was an animal. He nearly teched Rupp at the Dragon and majored him at State. Then, in his senior season Reid completely dominated any in-state competition, he couldn't be touched.

I have never really beein impressed with Hitchings until lately.  Judging by results and watching him some this year, he has gotten a lot better from last year.  If he keeps pushing himself to get better, I see great things in his future.

I have been impressed with both of them for a while.  Reid impressed me after his state tournament his junior year and his senior year.  Hitchings has impressed me since his 9th grade year.  I think who will be the most successful in the long run in college will depend on which one remains motivated after high school.  I think if either of these guys really want to do well in college there is no limit to what they can do. 

Last year, a senior Mason Reid dominated the sophomore Brad Hitchings.

I don't remember the finals last year as being that one sided.  Wasn't it a pretty close match?  What was the final score?

What did Reid do fresh and soph years???? Seniors are supposed to beat sophomores,they usually are superior in strength and experience? Brad did exceptionally well as a freshman(3rd at 152) and soph(2nd to Reid) and should be pretty well untouchable in the state of Kentucky his jr and sr years? Alot of talk on this site about courtney as well ,but there were some who witnessed a pasting of courtney by hitchings this past summer! Brad is every bit as good as a jr as Reid and potentially better in my oppinion!

What did Reid do fresh and soph years???? Seniors are supposed to beat sophomores,they usually are superior in strength and experience? Brad did exceptionally well as a freshman(3rd at 152) and soph(2nd to Reid) and should be pretty well untouchable in the state of Kentucky his jr and sr years? Alot of talk on this site about courtney as well ,but there were some who witnessed a pasting of courtney by hitchings this past summer! Brad is every bit as good as a jr as Reid and potentially better in my oppinion!

yeah i think now it would be a good match with Hitchings  running away by a few points at the end but if a senior Hitchings and Reid wrestled i think Brad would just kill him probably maj.d

This is a great discussion.When we hit some weird time warp and Brad the senior can wrestle Mason the senior we will have our answer. Geeeze

No, its not to see what people think. This is a done when someone doesn't like the outcome of an event that has all ready taken place.Trying to get someone to agree with them.if if if

No, its not to see what people think. This is a done when someone doesn't like the outcome of an event that has all ready taken place.Trying to get someone to agree with them.if if if

first; already is one word, and second; topics like this give people something to talk and to think about, and maybe he just wants to know who would win. To me i could care less who won, but i would love to watch that match

Its just a topic some kid start

and plus this kid dont even go to Trinity or Ryle

first; already is one word, and second; topics like this give people something to talk and to think about, and maybe he just wants to know who would win. To me i could care less who won, but i would love to watch that match

Please don't correct someone if you are going to continue to type like this.

A major? really shawn? Hitchings maybe improving and should walk away with the gold this year but there is just no way for me to believe mason would get majored. some people should read their post out loud before posting them, ya dig it shawn?

Please!!!  I really think Brad is an excellent wrestler but sayig he could beat Mason is like saying your little brother could whip your butt.  When is that going to happen?  When you are 80 and are  wearing diapers.  It is impossible to compare the two wrestlers at different points in their careers.  Mason wrestles D-1 for Michigan State right now at a lighter weight than when he was in high shool.  Do you really think that it would be any kind of a match.  Lets wait until Brad moves to d-1  in two years and let them wrestle then they would both be men and it would be a great barometer.  Good luck Brad but the past is the past.  Mason is a 2 timer as you probably will be too!