Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Beast of the East 08

The site now has participants listed by school and weight.

Trinity - John Fahy - Myron Bradbury - Brad Hitchings

John Hardin - Josh Johnson

Didnt find Campbell Co listed so they may not have anyone attending.

Good luck to all!

It says that seeding meeting is today, December 18th. So i assume brackets should be available tomorrow?

Yes, seeding is supposed to be posted tonight.

I am glad to see these kids challenge themeselves.  I wish some of the other top wrestlers in the state would be going as well.

whats the deal with dusty anyway? i heard he hasnt wrestled all year or something, is this true? whats going on? someone please clarify...

You have to apply for the Beast, application deadline is I think April.  They review credentials and make decision on whether or not your accepted.  I think Korey and Dusty were accepted but have decided to stay with the team that weekend.

Dusty I believe is banged up a little and is healing.  Torn hang nail, could be season ending.

Seeding is posted on beastwrestling.com up through 171.

All 4 KY guys are seeded:

171 Brad Hitchings #8

135 Josh Johnson #7

112 Myron Bradbury #13

103 John Fahy #8

Seeding is posted on beastwrestling.com up through 171.

All 4 KY guys are seeded:

171 Brad Hitchings #8

135 Josh Johnson #7

112 Myron Bradbury #13

103 John Fahy #8

thats great. cant wait to see how kentucky is doing in 3-4 years. look for Fahy to dominate this tournament in a few years.

Shotwell and Brown were accepted, but this weekend is NKAC.  This is the tournament for region 6 which decides the two teams for state duals. 

I think that i would have chosen the Beast of the East over NKAC, but then again the team comes first...

You're right - the team does come first.  Shotwell still has next year.  Plus, they have some tough Ohio tournaments coming up - not the Beast, but still tough.

You're right - the team does come first.  Shotwell still has next year.  Plus, they have some tough Ohio tournaments coming up - not the Beast, but still tough.

I fault the NKAC tournament committee. They really shouldn't have scheduled such an important tournament the same day as a tournament that, if they do well, could change their lives. they could be getting so much exposure and maybe lead to scholarship offers. Just something i hope they think about next year...

Good Luck! It is great tournament with plenty of exposure.  I was highly impressed with Fahy. The NKAC has been on the same weekend since the early 1800's, long before the Beast.  Ryle actually lost both NKAC in the years that Ruschell, Peace and Reid went to the Beast. I think it paid off.  Hopefully, it will do the same for the others.

Only 4 KY guys have wrestled in this, 3 have placed.

man ya cant laugh those torn hang nails can be a serious issue  :lol:

I think it was actually a stubbed toe.  But I hear he may try to tough it out at the NKAC this weekend.  He is having a special wrestling "boot" designed by Alexander Karelin from Russia flown in tomorrow night.  It may slow Dusty down a bit, it weighs like 20 pounds and is solid lead, but he wasn't all that fast to begin with.