Sign in to follow this  
old140

Warra to Fairdale?

I would say if it's true he would still go to Seneca, I would assume he would find his own transportation to the school as it's his senior year there. 

this is the truth..they are ways around the eligability rule...he is already going to fairdale and will be wrestling sometime next week

I've got a feeling that if he does end up wrestling for Fairdale, somebody is going to get in trouble. I dont know that if I was fairdale's AD that i would be willing to accept, or go through those loopholes, it could end in trouble.

I've got a feeling that if he does end up wrestling for Fairdale, somebody is going to get in trouble. I dont know that if I was fairdale's AD that i would be willing to accept, or go through those loopholes, it could end in trouble.

I really dont think there is any loopholes they are using.  Familys have to move all the time for certain reasons and I dont think that kids should be punished because of this.  I always thought that if you moved into a schools district then you dont have to sit out any period time.  Hopefully someone who knows the rules a little bit more can shed some light on this.

there are certain exceptions..like if your parents move to another house in that district it would be ok..i have heard of people moving in with their grandparents to do this....the kid has to do all the work..every thing is legal..the kid went in front of the board and stuff..i think he even went to frankfort for something..everything is legit....good for fairdale..

the actual rule i think is if there is an adress change they can do it...if they just decide to switch schools they will have to sit out a year...i think warras parents moved in fairdales district

Im not too sure about this one... because my friend from school is a senior and hes a really good basketball player, but the rest of the team sucks. Like, he's on the ballot for Mr.Basketball. He wanted to go to PRP after his sophomore year because we had a really good team our freshman and sophomore year, but after that we were garbage, but he didnt change schools because in order to do it he would have had to, like sign the deed to his house to his grandparents, then buy it back or something? or else he would have had to sit out.

but like you said he wasn't moving he was just trying to switch schools. so you may be correct on this. HELP US OUT RANGER!!

also if you are a senior you get whats called senior privileges, and i think that you are aloud to simply switch schools, and still participate in school activites.

also if you are a senior you get whats called senior privileges, and i think that you are aloud to simply switch schools, and still participate in school activites.

i thought there was something like that. but not to sure. but there should be if there isnt already.

There is no senior preference that's ridiculous.  If a student moves into the district of another school they are allowed to participate in extra curricular activities after all the paperwork is done.  If they decide to just switch schools and are granted to do so then they have to sit out a year before participating. 

I haven't read all of the details lately, but essentially if there is a real move involved I believe it is just a matter of taking care of the necessary paperwork.  This doesn't always happen quickly.

you said "supposed" did he practice today or not?

well i did not not to their practice so i dont know if he showed up but with what i was told was was to start practicing on thursday

well i did not not to their practice so i dont know if he showed up but with what i was told was was to start practicing on thursday

can anyone from fairdale elaborate?

im from fairdale he is at fairdale but he wont be able to wrestle for them until january

does this mean compete for them as in wrestle varsity, or practice with them. hopefully its not the latter because that could really mess him up...

Not only does the student have to have a legal change of address (& provide proof), but the guardian of said student must also have proof that they reside at the same address.  Trust me, I know from experience.  This prevents kids from just switching residences to their grandparents, uncle, etc.  If they switch residences to a relative, then that relative has to have legal custody of that individual.  If the whole family moves and provides documentation, then it's fine.  He probably can't begin wrestling because the proper paperwork has to be done.  By the way, are we supposed to be talking about eligibility issues on this website?

dragon master is right, because i tried to transfer from _______ high school to prp to wrestle for them my senior year, and the plan was to just use my fathers address, not my mothers. he lived in prps district. but seeing as he did not have FULL custody of me, it couldn't happen.

i was pretty pissed.

Not only does the student have to have a legal change of address (& provide proof), but the guardian of said student must also have proof that they reside at the same address.  Trust me, I know from experience.  This prevents kids from just switching residences to their grandparents, uncle, etc.  If they switch residences to a relative, then that relative has to have legal custody of that individual.  If the whole family moves and provides documentation, then it's fine.  He probably can't begin wrestling because the proper paperwork has to be done.  By the way, are we supposed to be talking about eligibility issues on this website?

I will defer to Mathound on specifics, but it is probably not too big a deal if we are discussing the rule in general.  But if we are talking about a specific individual or situation, then it should not be discussed.  So let's limit the Warra talk and not discuss his eligibility.