Sign in to follow this  
mac00135

Wrestling by state

No longer in school and every time I step on a scale I set a new personal record for fatness. However I am passionate about wrestling as both a fan and participant.

sorry but compared to florida... kentucky wrestling is lke shaq compared too, your neighborhood basketball wannabe.

sorry but compared to florida... kentucky wrestling is lke shaq compared too, your neighborhood basketball wannabe.

Don't be so down on your self there BillyBob. It would be dependent on the criteria you use.

The best teams in KY (Union, Trinity, Ryle, Woodford) would be competitive.

KY state champions would split with FL's champs.

If you used, per capita relative to the populations, a good argument could be made that KY is a better wrestling state.

Don't be so down on your self there BillyBob. It would be dependent on the criteria you use.

The best teams in KY (Union, Trinity, Ryle, Woodford) would be competitive.

KY state champions would split with FL's champs.

If you used, per capita relative to the populations, a good argument could be made that KY is a better wrestling state.

I agree with this, and i have stressed in the past that Kentucky wrestling was much better than we get credit for from other states, i just thought that florida was one of the best wrestling states there was. idk i could be wrong.

i see it like this; the top 4 in each weight class in kentucky arent that far off from other states, but the bottom 4 in each weight class is way worse than that of the bottom 4 in other states. thats just my opinion

I agree with this, and i have stressed in the past that Kentucky wrestling was much better than we get credit for from other states, i just thought that florida was one of the best wrestling states there was. idk i could be wrong.

i see it like this; the top 4 in each weight class in kentucky arent that far off from other states, but the bottom 4 in each weight class is way worse than that of the bottom 4 in other states. thats just my opinion

I'd say half the state champs are at this level, everyone else would get beat pretty bad depending on the state.  But I agree with tiltfor3, per capita we're not that bad.

I guess it would depend on what you mean by one of the top states, but i've never really heard of Fla being one of the top states.  I believe the states that are generally thought of as the best are Ohio, PA, NJ, and CA.  I've seen lists where NCAA all americans are broken down by state.  I can't find that list right now, but if anyone knows where to find it broken down by state I think that's about as accurate of a way to compare states as anything.  Maybe that and what kids do at Fargo or High School nationals. 

When I watch wrestlers from Brandon I sit amazed because of the talent.

That's one school in a massive state. I went to high school in Tallahassee FL and I would bet a lot of money that the top teams here, would own any of the high schools in town.

I dig because I transfered from chicago in I started wrestling here in kentucky in I had a reality check of how hard it was going to be becasue you come from out of state that doesnt mean you are the best some of our state champs probably can hang with any of the other states wrestlers

Brandon is good. No doubt about that. But, I have always felt their amazing win streak was jaded due to the fact they never really faced national level competition as a team. If they were to lay it out there, they would have traveled like St. Eds, Apple Valley, Grundy, etc.