Sign in to follow this  
out side sweep

most dominant

Why not?  They're both excellent wrestlers and I think both will dominate their in-state opponents this year.

Agreed, but its like (using somebody elses analogy) comparing Allen Iverson to Michael Jordan. Both are superstars, both are great, but only one is/was the very best. Zarth will likely win state this year, and become Lexington's first 3 time state champion. But Harrison Courtney is going to be a 4 time state champion, and he is going to do in the best way to do it, not cutting weight so that you can run from better opponents, but wrestling his natural weight and simply dominating everyone in the last 4 years.

Harrison Courtney is already thought of as one of the best wrestlers in the state of Kentucky ever. I mean we're talking about a guy here who should be a 5 time state chamion, but his young nerves got the best of him when he was in the 8th grade. I believe that he may be, the very best to ever wrestle in Kentucky.

zarth, courtney, and johnson will all be dominant this year.

I would look out for J.J. Jude this year too. he wont be as impressive as the other 3 i mentioned but by his sophmore/junior year I think he will be as good if not better.

I dont know about J.J. Jude being as dominant as these three. He could win state twice, maybe even three times, but i dont see him dominating the way these three do.

Especially not if [glow=green,2,300][shadow=green,left]DUNCAN CADELL!!![/shadow][/glow] has anything to say about it!!!!!!!!!!  :-D

I dont know about J.J. Jude being as dominant as these three. He could win state twice, maybe even three times, but i dont see him dominating the way these three do.

Especially not if [glow=green,2,300][shadow=green,left]DUNCAN CADELL!!![/shadow][/glow] has anything to say about it!!!!!!!!!!  :-D

It's official. Duncan Cadell is the David Lieberum of this season. lol

Caddell was 2 rounds from placing. So maybe you should check yourself before exaggerating your/your brother's accomplishments.

Sorry. I realized that after I wrote it. He's my brother.

wow nice middle school state who cares about that!(not meaning to take away from middle schoolers but this is high school, please nobody give me crap about this comment)

and i havent talked down about him i simply stated that i have never heard or seen him, therefor he cant be great and you are totally going to look dumb if this kid isnt in the finals

I guess it would make you dumb if he is. Oh, and you don't have to be famous to be dominate.

rookie mistake. i would advise you to just stop talking this kid up and let him wrestle. you've done enough damage for him/yourself already. all your going to do is put a big red and white bullseye on his back. and now once he isnt in the finals, or once Jude beats him, your going to look very, very, very, very stupid.

No mistake here, in fact, I would encourage all of the so called "Best" to go after him.

No mistake here, in fact, I would encourage all of the so called "Best" to go after him.

I bet he gets stomped by some pud, caught on his back and a slap of the mat, its over! haha

Agreed, but its like (using somebody elses analogy) comparing Allen Iverson to Michael Jordan. Both are superstars, both are great, but only one is/was the very best. Zarth will likely win state this year, and become Lexington's first 3 time state champion. But Harrison Courtney is going to be a 4 time state champion, and he is going to do in the best way to do it, not cutting weight so that you can run from better opponents, but wrestling his natural weight and simply dominating everyone in the last 4 years.

Harrison Courtney is already thought of as one of the best wrestlers in the state of Kentucky ever. I mean we're talking about a guy here who should be a 5 time state chamion, but his young nerves got the best of him when he was in the 8th grade. I believe that he may be, the very best to ever wrestle in Kentucky.

first of all, cutting weight doesnt necasarily mean you are running from anyone. besides zarth naturally weighs around 125 or 126, probably lower as the season goes on, so he isnt even cutting all that much. i dont see anyone at 125 or 130 that zarth would run from, this year or the past two. yeah there are good kids there, and have been in the past, but i dont think he wrestled and will wrestle 119 because he is running from any competitor.

and btw 385 you know i could have been a 5 time state champion, but i just wasnt good enough and my young nerves got the best of me...

no need to make excuses for anyone, courtney is a great wrestler, even without five state championships...

first of all, cutting weight doesnt necasarily mean you are running from anyone. besides zarth naturally weighs around 125 or 126, probably lower as the season goes on, so he isnt even cutting all that much. i dont see anyone at 125 or 130 that zarth would run from, this year or the past two. yeah there are good kids there, and have been in the past, but i dont think he wrestled and will wrestle 119 because he is running from any competitor.

and btw 385 you know i could have been a 5 time state champion, but [glow=red,2,300]i just wasnt good enough [/glow]and my young nerves got the best of me...

no need to make excuses for anyone, courtney is a great wrestler, even without five state championships...

Zarth is nowhere near, nor will he ever be, the caliber wrestler Harrison Courtney is. Period. No argument you can make.

Everyone and their mother could have been a 6 time state champion... anything is possible. The point I was making is that Harrison Courtney was right there in the semi-finals and lost to the eventual champion on a stalling call. You probably never got close to even placing, unless you are D.C. Evans, in which case you were just a one hit wonder, and nobody will ever remember anything about you.

Zarth is nowhere near, nor will he ever be, the caliber wrestler Harrison Courtney is. Period. No argument you can make.

Everyone and their mother could have been a 6 time state champion... anything is possible. The point I was making is that Harrison Courtney was right there in the semi-finals and lost to the eventual champion on a stalling call. You probably never got close to even placing, unless you are D.C. Evans, in which case you were just a one hit wonder, and nobody will ever remember anything about you.

That's kind of cold man, I heard DC was wrestling in college.

to be honest i was making fun of you, ive never been close to placing. excuses are like but holes, everyones got one. no need to make them. you dont see harrison getting on here and making one for why he lost his 8th grade year... do you? so why should you do it for him?

That's kind of cold man, I heard DC was wrestling in college.

I don't care if he's wrestling in college. Im so sick of reading what this idiot is typing. Besides, D.C'll just screw up wherever he is at... the kid is a headcase.

to be honest i was making fun of you, ive never been close to placing. excuses are like but holes, everyones got one. no need to make them. you dont see harrison getting on here and making one for why he lost his 8th grade year... do you? so why should you do it for him?

Nobody was making excuses for Harrison, i merely made the statement that he should have been a 5 time state champion, and wasn't. He is the best wrestler in Kentucky ever, no comparison between him and Zarth. Just drop this one. We can continue with Evans if you want...

[.Nobody was making excuses for Harrison, i merely made the statement that he should have been a 5 time state champion, and wasn't. He is the best wrestler in Kentucky ever, no comparison between him and Zarth. Just drop this one. We can continue with Evans if you want...

[.Nobody was making excuses for Harrison, i merely made the statement that he should have been a 5 time state champion, and wasn't. He is the best wrestler in Kentucky ever, no comparison between him and Zarth. Just drop this one. We can continue with Evans if you want...

I beg to differ. There is a guy named Joe Carr Jr. that Harrison will tell you was better in high school that Harrison is now. Come on, 4x state champ with a 2nd thrown in to boot and he held the national record for wins at one time. Harrison is a great guy and I really enjoy watching him wrestle but he would get detroyed by Joe.

I completely agree with this and i was pretty sure that i mentioned mister carr. i knew somebody was going to mention him lol.

ive actually heard that joe still runs him at practice from time to time.

ive heard this also.

I can tell you as a first-hand witness that Joe can tell Harrison the set-up, move and finish beforehand and still hit it clean as a whistle; and can do it as many times in a row as he wants.  One time Joe took me down with the same exact move like 10 times in a row.  The man is just that good.

I can tell you as a first-hand witness that Joe can tell Harrison the set-up, move and finish beforehand and still hit it clean as a whistle; and can do it as many times in a row as he wants.  One time Joe took me down with the same exact move like 10 times in a row.  The man is just that good.

yeah joe is a beast.. no doubt about it. but that is with how many more years of wrestling than harrison? harrison could be that good when he's finished though.

That is incredible.  I heard Joe Carr Jr was that good, but I only got to watch him at state 2 years, his 8th grade year and his Sr year.  Harrison is awesome, and it's hard to imagine anyone beating him that bad.  Joe's 8th grade year I think he was at 103, so you always got to consider the competition.  His sr year he played with everyone so badly I think a lot of guys ran from him too, so you never got to see him actually wrestle.  That's impressive.

how does joe jr compare to the rest of the family?

Well, I'm not completely sure on all the brothers and their stats, but his dad and one uncle competed internationally so right off the bat they are ahead of Jr. That being said, even Nate (Olympic bronze medalist) was not the champ in the family. Joe Sr will tell you that.

yeah joe is a beast.. no doubt about it. but that is with how many more years of wrestling than harrison? harrison could be that good when he's finished though.

I credit Harrison with massive amounts of skill and count his father as a friend, but having said that, if you paired the two up them up in their high school prime I would take Joe Jr.