Sign in to follow this  

Harrison Courtney v Dusty Brown

Who would win if the two met?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win if the two met?

• Harrison Courtney
    • Dusty Brown

Dusty Brown is ranked 22nd nationally amongst seniors at 140, where Harrison Courtney is not ranked at 145.

Harrison wins 8-3

If you are saying Harrison is not nationally ranked I believe you are wrong. He is ranked 14th nationally by W.I.N magazine at 145. That is not ranked by class as seniors only but everyone nationall in high school projected to be at 145. I certainly am not downing Dusty. He seems to be a great kid and obviously a good wrestler but Harrison is the only Ky kid that I am aware of that is nationally raked among all classes and at this point I think a little better wrestler

Dusty still has bad dreams and wets the bed from the time he asked Harrison's girlfriend "what's cookin hot stuff" at the bluegrass state games a few years back<--true story....the question part, not the bed wetting part. 

Dusty would probably hold his own in the neutral position.  Dusty is darn good on his feet.  I could even see Dusty with a lead in the 2nd period.  But on the mat I think Courtney would rack up some points.  He's like an unstoppable rebel force in the top position.

Dusty still has bad dreams and wets the bed from the time he asked Harrison's girlfriend "what's cookin hot stuff" at the bluegrass state games a few years back<--true story....the question part, not the bed wetting part. 

Dusty would probably hold his own in the neutral position.  Dusty is darn good on his feet.  I could even see Dusty with a lead in the 2nd period.  But on the mat I think Courtney would rack up some points.  He's like an unstoppable rebel force in the top position.

I remember that. lol

I was actually going by the rankings provided by Rob Boston in the Updated Wrestling USA HS Rankings thread. I knew that he was ranked high somewhere, and W.I.N. was the first one to come to mind.

That really happened? Will somebody please elaborate?! I want to hear the story...  :?

ummm no

Elaborate... don't just say no then not back it up. Where you saying that my score of the match was wrong?

Actually, I believe it was "What's cookin', good lookin'?". But who knows.

That's what it was.  Funny stuff.

385 - it was just dusty clowning around and he asked some kids if they dare him to walk up to Harrison's girlfriend and talk to her.  So he walked up and asked her that.  I think Harrison was actually in Dusty's weight class and might have pinned him afterwards. 

That's what it was.  Funny stuff.

385 - it was just dusty clowning around and he asked some kids if they dare him to walk up to Harrison's girlfriend and talk to her.  So he walked up and asked her that.  I think Harrison was actually in Dusty's weight class and might have pinned him afterwards. 

Thats pretty funny.  :lol:

I hope we get the chance to see this match happen. It would definitely be an instant classic.

Can anybody remember the last time Harrison lost and to whom? If I'm not mistaken, I believe he lost one at sophomore nationals where he petersoned the guy at the last second but wasnt awarded back points or reversal. The guy he lost to went on to win Sophomore Nationals and Harrison placed third.

Anybody know anything else? When was the last time he lost to a Ky opponent? His 8th grade year?

Yall are extremely dump to even think it would be kind of a match. Give Harrison whats due. He is a 3x state champ just had some bad shows up nationally due to injuries. He is the best wrestler in kentucky and would pin or texh dusty. Dusty is nationally ranked for what 1 tourny he went to? he is good but harrison is great.

Yall are extremely dump to even think it would be kind of a match. Give Harrison whats due. He is a 3x state champ just had some bad shows up nationally due to injuries. He is the best wrestler in kentucky and would pin or texh dusty. Dusty is nationally ranked for what 1 tourny he went to? he is good but harrison is great.

If you notice the poll results they are 19-0.  Everyone who's looked thinks Harrison would win.  That's against a nationally ranked kid.  I think Harrison gets his dues.  He is awesome.

First: You are definitely not qualified to call anybody dumb after starting your sentence with the word yall.

Second: Nobody here is taking anything away from Harrison Courtney. Hence-The 21-0 vote.

Third: A pin is understandable, a tech not so much, I could see Harrison hitting him with a tilt and Dusty getting stuck there but i dont think Harrison has the upperhand in the takedown category, therefor could not have top position as often as he would like, taking away the tilt and upperhand effect. I stand by the initial score i gave of 8-3.

If you are saying Harrison is not nationally ranked I believe you are wrong. He is ranked 14th nationally by W.I.N magazine at 145.

Do you have a link for this?  I just looked at the W.I.N. rankings and did not see Harrison.  Maybe I've got the wrong site.

Dont get me wrong Dusty is good but could he really beat Harrison? Harrison pinned Beau Sanders in the finals last yr and beau was a good wrestler himself. Im not dissing Dusty but rankings dont mean anything he is yet to win state while courtney WILL win his 4th this yr (knock on wood)..

25-0.

Pretty much sums it up.  Dusty compares to Harrison like Allen iverson to Michael Jordan.  Both great.  Both talented.  Both studs.  But one is heads above the rest and will be remembered in his field (or our state) for years, as opposed to forgotten within the next four.

25-0.

Pretty much sums it up.  Dusty compares to Harrison like Allen iverson to Michael Jordan.  Both great.  Both talented.  Both studs.  But one is heads above the rest and will be remembered in his field (or our state) for years, as opposed to forgotten within the next four.

I noticed that you posted previously that Harrison Courtney lost this weekend? Elaborate please...