Sign in to follow this  
refdad

Middle School State Finals

Its hard to say without knowing what weight most of the returning winners and placers are going but anybody care to take a stab at finals predictions

I dont know what weights either will be going but I expect to see both Matt Fahy and Clayton Brown in the finals at their weight

I forgot that Wade Holtsclaw is still in Middle School. I would expect that he makes that finales as well..

Clayton Brown...96 maybe

Matt Fahy ...    103

Wade Holtsclaw..117

I forgot that Wade Holtsclaw is still in Middle School. I would expect that he makes that finales as well..

Clayton Brown...96 maybe

Matt Fahy ...    103

Wade Holtsclaw..117

Is Matt Fahy up there with his brother? What I mean by this is; is he going to be the animal that John is? can someone shed a little light on this subject?

Clayton Brown...96 maybe

Matt Fahy ...     103

Wade Holtsclaw..117

Is Wade Holtsclaw up to 117? He wrestled 96 last year. 

Some wrestlers I think will be in the finals.

Brock Ervin

Clay Brown

Caleb Canter

Wade Holtsclaw

Kevin Cooper

Logan and Lane Jones

Matt Fahey

Not sure on weights, I'm sure alot of these guys have grown.

Working with the Jones brothers for a couple years now they have tons of potential. My only concern with Lane is his motivation. I've heard he has rededicated him self and if thats true WATCH OUT! Lane could take state with relative ease I believe. I know its early but my early season prediction in the lower classes would be:

70- Wiley Con

75- Fausz Camp

82- Ervin Uni

89- Canter Lar

96- Brown Camp

103-Fahey

Not sure from there but Cooper and Lane Jones both I think will be state champ, hopefully they stay away from each other in weight...

ya but the reason wiley will have trouble with burroughs or bindner is because he will have to stop eating those nails to make weight and they can eat all they want,

wiley is not wrestling 70.he is wrestling 75

lol was there really any need for you to refer to yourself in the third person?

I am surprised to hear Kevin is going 117. I certainly dont know first hand but I saw Kevin at a camp this summer and he said he was weighing around 125. I thought he looked even heavier but as I said, I certainly dont know, I just expected him to be 124 or maybe even 131. If he does go 117, I can only see one kid any where around that weight challenging him and thats Jayce Carr but I dont know what weight Jayce is going either.

Just guessing some classes.  Not sure on upper weights

70lb champ Burroughs

75lb champ Wiley

82lb champ Yenter

89lb champ Brown

96lb  champ Fahy 

103lb champ Canter

110lb champ Holtsclaw

117lb Champ Carr

125lb Champ Cooper

130lb Champ Jones

I can't imagine Canter, Holtsclaw, Carr, Cooper, Jones fighting it out in weight classes when they can each be champs by bumping up or down a weight class.  They are all very tough wrestlers and have all been wrestling for years.  This is a great class of 8th graders.

82lbs will have to deal Ian Kahl trinity, 89lbs will have to beat Justin Lampe st x(he is crazy strong), 140 pounders will have to beat bobby bryant trinity.  His work out partner is Dan Smith.

Just guessing some classes.  Not sure on upper weights

70lb champ Burroughs

75lb champ Wiley

82lb champ Yenter

89lb champ Brown

96lb  champ Fahy 

103lb champ Canter

110lb champ Holtsclaw

117lb Champ Carr

125lb Champ Cooper

130lb Champ Jones

I can't imagine Canter, Holtsclaw, Carr, Cooper, Jones fighting it out in weight classes when they can each be champs by bumping up or down a weight class.  They are all very tough wrestlers and have all been wrestling for years.  This is a great class of 8th graders.

Yenter is a freshman.