the man

state dual

I think we are in store for one of the better state duals in a long time. Woodford, LaRue, Harrison and South Oldham will all be in the hunt for the championship and it's gonna come down to the pool seeds (as usual) on who will be in the finals. LaRue is a much "better" team with Hines @103, Carman @ 112 and Perez @ 119 along with everyone else being healthy (and in shape). My guess is Larue should be the #2 seed and Harrison the #3 with South as #4 after the Five Star this past weekend. That should put WC and LC on opposite sides with both of them having to get through one of the other two in order to make the finals. Throw in Ryle and Campbell (I assume from Region 6) and nothing is going to be certain though. I don't think this state duals is a cake-walk for anybody including WC.

Pappy - I have to disagree with the #3. Yes, Harrison finished higher at the 5 star, but with that format you can't totally believe the team scores. South Oldham had Campbell Co in their pool vs John Hardin for Harrison, not exactly equal competition. Head to head I definitely give the advantage to South Oldham. Also, go back a couple weeks and South Oldham dominated the Conner tournament (including Harrison). But I agree with all else. It should be a great dual tournament. Exciting re-match between Woodford and Larue in the finals. But a lot of work and tough teams to beat to get there.

Guest DAWG6

I know the one and two team from each region are on opposite sides.

Who or how is it determined which team is seeded where?

Do the coaches pick?

Is it past results?

I heard that's why Conner never attends "when eligble" because of the format :?:

Yes, Woodford and Larue are probably the top two teams currently,

how they pick 3-6 will be interesting.

No offence to the dragons at all. As I said, I based my conclusion on the five star finish alone. I agree, that format is not like an individual tourney format but neither is state duals, what may be a good tourney team may not be a good duals team..etc. That being said, I guess S.O. and Har. can be switched up if that's what the coaches choose to do but ultimately the pools would be about the same plus you throw in some of these other squads from around the state and things could get very interesting. I've always drawn the conclusion that at state duals, it's the pool draw and how you match up with the teams in your pool. Like last year with LaRue and Ryle, Ryle kicked our tails simply because we did not match up with them at all but at the state tourney, we ended up tied with them...go figure!

I give SOuth Oldham the 3 seed b/c Harrison will not be there this yr. B/c @ the Region 7 Duels Dunbar beat Harrison Co. and Henry Clay is already attending b/c the tourney is at there place.

Out of region 7 is Woodford, Dunbar, Henry Clay

They only beat us by like 6 or 9 but I didn't wrestle and our 119 and 160 were both out so I would really have liked a rematch before the state duals.

The State Duals tournament is not a KHSAA sponsored event, hence, Henry Clay plays host every year. To "qualify", a team must place 1st or 2nd in their respective regional duals. That leaves four "open" spots to fill up the pools. It's not clear as to the criteria involved in the invitation to these filler schools. Conner does not attend because Coach Badida refuses to "brawl" in the seeding meeting. Look at the past years' pools and it's obvious to see the how uneven the match-ups are.

I guess after coaching 35 years, Coach B figures it's not worth the hassel. This is where wrestling becomes a team sport. Guys get moved up and in and out of line-ups depending on the competition of that other particular team. This is where coaching strategies will weigh-in, as much if not more, than an individual wrestler's abilities.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that too. Harrison is on the outside looking in for now.

And why does hosting get you into the tournament. If that's the case let's let Frankfort and Franklin Co. have automatic berths to the state tournament.

Well Ranger the Duels are at HEnry Clay High School. The Civic Center has nothing to do with Frankfort, FC, or Western Hills. We all know it is held there.

The State Duals tournament is not a KHSAA sponsored event' date=' hence, Henry Clay plays host every year. To "qualify", a team must place 1st or 2nd in their respective regional duals. That leaves four "open" spots to fill up the pools. It's not clear as to the criteria involved in the invitation to these filler schools. Conner does not attend because Coach Badida refuses to "brawl" in the seeding meeting. Look at the past years' pools and it's obvious to see the how uneven the match-ups are.

I guess after coaching 35 years, Coach B figures it's not worth the hassel. This is where wrestling becomes a team sport. Guys get moved up and in and out of line-ups depending on the competition of that other particular team. This is where coaching strategies will weigh-in, as much if not more, than an individual wrestler's abilities.[/quote']

1. Each region decides who will be sent to represent threir region. Some regions have set up dual tourneys (Example region 6) others have a day of duals (I believe region 7 does this) others have the coaches choose by the results of the duals wrestled already during the year.

2. If each region sends 2 teams then there are no spots available. Region 3 and Region 1 rarely send two teams to represent thier region. When this happens the host team gets the 1st open spot (Henry Clay). After this other top teams are asked to compete in the tourney.

If Harrison Co. does not get one of those invites then it is a travesty. They are definately one of the top teams in the state. When they have thier whole team healthy they are difficult to defeat.

I may be wrong on some of this but I know this is how it was originally set up.

Campbell Co seems to have two faces this year. They looked really good against South Oldham at the 5 star, and then got straight smoked last night against Fern Creek.

Hopefully the team that hung with South Oldham shows up at the state duels. Although i was VERY impressed with Fern Creek ... they are a very good team i haven't heard as much about on here as i should. I didn't see one guy in that lineup that was a gimme match. Have they dueled South Oldham or LaRue ?

On another topic, I will concede now that i've seen Wolsiefer wrestle he is an animal. I still think Austin Cooper would win ... a match i can't wait to see though. Wolsiefer will be a two timer if he doesn't win it this year.

Yea Dunbar beat harrison by a mear 3 or 6 points, but Harrison had 4 of their varsity boys out that day to sickness throughout their school. Dunbar and Harrison were supposed to dual this weekend and Dunbar backed out, I think Coach Watts is scared of them, by Commiting to the Harrrison Rumble and then dropping out. I definetley think Harrison County should get an invite to the tourney, with a full healthy team there hard to beat just like any other top team in the state.

ok so before allamerican125 gets his panties all up in a bunch, dunbar did not back out away from harrison because they are scared, they backed out becuase there were only going to be 3 teams there, they instead are going to the franklin co. meet which is going to be a much better meet in preperation for state duals and the state tourny itself, infact i do believe both harrison and conner are now going to the franklin co. meet as well. And Dunbar was supposed to dual harrison last wednesday and harrison backed out, i dont think anyone is backing away from anyone, but i think harrison and dunbar will now deffinatley be gunning for each other, it could get interesting next time they meet

ok so before allamerican125 gets his panties all up in a bunch' date=' dunbar did not back out away from harrison because they are scared, they backed out becuase there were only going to be 3 teams there, they instead are going to the franklin co. meet which is going to be a much better meet in preperation for state duals and the state tourny itself, infact i do believe both harrison and conner are now going to the franklin co. meet as well. And Dunbar was supposed to dual harrison last wednesday and harrison backed out, i dont think anyone is backing away from anyone, but i think harrison and dunbar will now deffinatley be gunning for each other, it could get interesting next time they meet[/quote']

I belive that Harrison back out of the weekday match because of that fact that they THOGUHT they were going to wrestle them on Saturday, so why have your kids cut wieght for a match that they are going to have to wrestle three days later?

Yes, the seed meeting will indeed be a brawl as to who is the number one, two, and three seeds.

How it gets seeded will be very interesting. Here is something to think about: LaRue beat Woodford in a head to head dual (I know that Woodford didn't have a full lineup and that will make a difference, but regardless LaRue won); Woodford beat South Oldham at KOB and LaRue beat South Oldham at Five Star. So based on this:

LaRue is the number one seed

Woodford is the number two seed

South Oldham is the number three seed

And I will throw in there Fern Creek as the number four

I have the feeling that at least two coaches will disagree with this seeding, Parks and Fiser, but Canter will press his point and seeds should be based on head to head comp first and not mere rankings.

Should be very interesting to see the seeds at state duals and be a fly on the seed meeting!!!!!

I agree with the bigcoach, but when it comes down to it, it really doesnt matter to the top 4 seeds how they are seeded.

As long as Larue and Woodford are #1&#2 in any order. Then fill in either SO or FC at 3 and 4. I'm sure Laure or Woodford doesnt care which they wrestle in semi's as long as its not each other.....