Sign in to follow this  
dagger

Mr. Wrestler

Do you think we should have a Mr. Wrestler  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should have a Mr. Wrestler

• Yes
    • No

I think we need a Mr. Wrestler award for who had the best year. What are your thoughts on this?

I love the idea. That way, someone who wrestled his heart out all season, as opposed to a guy who only wrestled a few matches in state, would have a chance to be recognized.

Mr Wrestler sounds kinda odd, how bout another name!

Some ideas:

KY Wrestler of the Year!

or

KY Grappler Award!

Any ideas?

I like Wrestler of the Year. I think it should have requirements that the wrestler has to have wrestled so many matches in state. It can be announced at the State Championship but not necessarily be a State Champ.

I like Wrestler of the Year. I think it should have requirements that the wrestler has to have wrestled so many matches in state. It can be announced at the State Championship but not necessarily be a State Champ.

If you were to give a Mr Wrestling (Which I don't like) then why put a requirement such as this on it? 

If the individual is the best in Ky then he is the best in KY.  It is very easy for those that live in Lou, Lex. area to complain about the out of state wrestling.  They do not have to travel 2 hours for in state meets. 

In Nky you have a choice.  Wrestle across the river in Cincinnati Ohio (a 15-20 minute drive) or travel to Lou. or Lex (a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive).  The choice is easy better competition and lower travel costs.  Don't punish a kid because his team wrestles out of state most of the year.  I know that the other fringe schools do the same.

Why honor a wrestler at a football game?
Coverage is coverage man. Wrestlers need as much recognition as possible so they proably recognize them at a huge event.

They do give the award. A guy from woodford got it last year and mitch ervin got it this year. They honor them in the summer kentucky vs tennessee high school football game.

Yeah, I was talking to Richard Starks when he was home for Christmas his freshman year and told me he was awarded this after his senior year. I had no clue what he was talking about. Unfortunately, no one else seems to either. Who gives out the award?