Sign in to follow this  
coop

who named some moves??

ok i wrestle for holmes and my favorite (and best) move is the peterson does anyone know who named the move or who invented it because they are officially my hero :-D

ok i wrestle for holmes and my favorite (and best) move is the peterson does anyone know who named the move or who invented it because they are officially my hero :-D

Did I just add you to my myspace? lol. "Peterson King".

Yes it was named after them.  Both were Olympic Champions and Silver Medalists.  Ironically they were both beaten by the same man in the Olympic finals.  They are both very kind men as well.  I had the opportunity to meet and eat lunch with them while at the Olympic Trials in 2004 (they didn't sit down because of me lol, but because I was with Coach Carr).

Yes, specifically it is named after Ben Peterson although according to him he did not invent it but did use the move very effectively and came to be known for it so it stuck with his name attached to it.  There was an article a year or two ago in Wrestling USA in which he discussed the moves origins.

One of my favorite moves in freestyle was the Kendall Cross, obviously named after Kendall Cross.

I use to do another move in freestyle that nobody really had seen much of or what to call it, so it was of course named the mousetrap.