Sign in to follow this  
grappler-of-old

Spell Check

When I type a post, and I misspell a word, a red underline appears underneath it.  I can right click on the word, then it gives me various other spellings.  Doesn't anybody else have that feature?  It might be because I'm using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

Someone has removed the spell check from the code.

<tr>

<td align="center" colspan="2">

<span class="smalltext"><br />shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview</span><br />

<input type="submit" name="post" value="Post" tabindex="3" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" />

<input type="submit" name="preview" value="Preview" tabindex="4" onclick="return event.ctrlKey || previewPost();" accesskey="p" />

</td>

</tr>

There should be some code something like: type="submit" name="spell check" value="Spell Check" tabindex="?" onclick="??????some function" accesskey="?" /> in this section.

Write your comments in your text editing software, such as MS Word and let it do the spell check for you. Then copy and paste.  To paste into this message board, simply copy as you normally would from your software, then right click and select paste.

Helpful Hint:  When copying and pasting: To copy, highlight selection then depress the ctrl key then the "c" key time.  To paste click where you want to paste it then depress the ctrl key then the "v" key at the same time.

I think I'll make it a new rule that for anyone that is caught posting spelling errors will be forced to use this image as their avatar for a week. :D

stupid-people.jpg

Guest The Great And Powerful Oz

I think I'll make it a new rule that for anyone that is caught posting spelling errors will be forced to use this image as their avatar for a week. :D

stupid-people.jpg

mathound - you are the man!  that would be cool.

shehateme - in addition to the tips you posted, you can also "select all" by pressing ctrl+a.  So ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v.