Sign in to follow this  
Bernard

Reid vs Ervin

If Mason Reid and Mitch Ervin were to meet each other at 171lbs. who would win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. If Mason Reid and Mitch Ervin were to meet each other at 171lbs. who would win?

• Reid
    • Ervin

Simply based on strength I say Reid. Not a real solid yes for me though as Mitch has more than proven himself to be able to overcome strength when he beat Banks last year. Banks was one of the strongest pound for pound in the state the last couple of years. Mitch in my opinion handled him pretty easy in the finals last year no disrespect meant to banks he was great as well just ran into a machine.

after watching mason wrestle this past week, he is not, i repeat, he is not nearly as dominant as people think/thought he was.. I was not really impressed with his "domination" everyone promised. Congrats on your 2nd state title though!

this topic is stupid with mystery matches.

I have seen Mason a few times this year.  He is 100% all of the time.  This was not a great tournament for him in terms of domination, but he did control and dominate all matches.  He did look a little winded.  I don't think anyone on here would except a loss over an ugly win. 

Congrats Mason! Good Luck with your future endeavors.

after watching mason wrestle this past week, he is not, i repeat, he is not nearly as dominant as people think/thought he was.. I was not really impressed with his "domination" everyone promised. Congrats on your 2nd state title though!

Mason Reid is everything you have read in the past. I will say though that Brad Hitchings was not as dominated by him as he has been in past matches. I attribute that to Hitchings picking up the pace instead of Reid not being as as dominate as people thought.

Hitchings did a good job, but he is not at the same level as Reid.  I forgot about Ervin, Mitch has improved a ton since last year.  He was very dominate everytime I watched him.  He too is on another level.  Ervin can compete on the DI level.

Reid may have looked good against a young Hitchings in the finals but he struggleled on mat 2 in the semifinals against ?, (I believe the South Oldham wrestler).  Mitch Ervin wins in a close match.  KY wrestling is gettimg better every year.  We need more wrestlers to the to go to these natiomal tournaments.