Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Region 1 Duals Pools

There will be 3 pools of 4 and the winners of each pool will wrestle round robin giving a total of 5 matches for the day. The pools look like this: Pool A- Union, Hopkinsville, Daviess, and Ft. Campbell. Pool B-Union JV, Paducah Tilghman, UHA, and Ohio. Pool C- Henderson, Caldwell, Calloway, Apollo. Union is sending their JV team just so there would be an even 12 teams.

There will be 3 pools of 4 and the winners of each pool will wrestle round robin giving a total of 5 matches for the day. The pools look like this: Pool A- Union, Hopkinsville, Daviess, and Ft. Campbell. Pool B-Union JV, Paducah Tilghman, UHA, and Ohio. Pool C- Henderson, Caldwell, Calloway, Apollo. Union is sending their JV team just so there would be an even 12 teams.

coach nichols said something about hptown dropping out today at the last minute, i dont know for sure if they are

man those were not the pools at all.

yes hoptown did drop out, and Henderson and Union both qualified for the State Duals obviously with Union in first. Calloway got third and forfeited to Union which was pretty stunning to see an entire team walk out and get there hands raised for a forfeit.

Henderson will be at the state duals?....with only 10 weight classes represented

at the region duals it's quit an accomplishment to qualify,I believe they will make

the trip to Lexington. By the way Hendersons 189 Jackson Daugherty beat 189

Calloways Scarborugh ,ranked 13th in rangers most recent pole.

Henderson will be at the state duals?....with only 10 weight classes represented

at the region duals it's quit an accomplishment to qualify,I believe they will make

the trip to Lexington. By the way Hendersons 189 Jackson Daugherty beat 189

Calloways Scarborugh ,ranked 13th in rangers most recent pole.

Are u sure that wasnt micheal treadway-west he beat?

yes i'm sure the reason they used some varsity against us was for seeding purposes, pretty smart actually, though since they did this i don't really consider that we lost to a real j.v. team, maybe hoptown  not coming screwed up the pools

im looking forward to the 135 Regional final

yeah it was Levi for sure.

Union County sent some of their varsity into the jv lineup to face henderson including Jarvis and Luke Ervin.  Hardly a jv.

The funny thing about that is, later in the day Henderson wrestled Union Varsity. Union's J.V. 103, Neil Reburn beat Merriweather. No not beat, pinned.

Quote from: Henderson140 on Today at 11:37:04 AM

Union County sent some of their varsity into the jv lineup to face henderson including Jarvis and Luke Ervin.  Hardly a jv.

The funny thing about that is, later in the day Henderson wrestled Union Varsity. Union's J.V. 103, Neil Reburn beat Merriweather. No not beat, pinned.

the funny thing about that is bryce beat his jv 135 which would have made the difference in our match with Union's B team.

If you want to get technical. If Union J.V. 189 hadn't been wrestling Varsity, he would have pinned Henderson's Varsity, then that would have been the difference.

If you want to get technical. If Union J.V. 189 hadn't been wrestling Varsity, he would have pinned Henderson's Varsity, then that would have been the difference.

if you want to get real, real technical then i think that had meriwether wrestled reburn first instead of jarvis, then meriwether would have won, why are you so committed to belittling other teams as much as possible?

if you want to get real, real technical then i think that had Meriwether wrestled reburn first instead of jarvis, then Meriwether would have won, why are you so committed to belittling other teams as much as possible?

I personally don't see how you have figured that the outcome would have been different had the three wrestlers competed in a different order.  I could see your point if Reburn had only beat Meriwether by a close decision or a lucky pin but that was not the case as Reburn pinned him skillfully.  To the second part of your post i don't believe Mr. shakeandbake is trying to belittle other teams, just responding to this particular teams whining.  If he is committed to belittling other teams then at least he can say he has successfully made a commitment to something.  That is more than some people can say, such as a person who has abandoned their teammates......ahem.......

Dear Mr. Shakeandbake,

UC is clearly the top team in region one,perhaps the entire state. But give

Henderson Co. some time...the program is still somewhat new. Colonel wrestling

was alive and well in the 70's & 80's and thanks to a certain and former admin-

istrator  the program was cut. It returned to the high school about 3-4 years

ago...a big reason it did was thanks to two time Ky. state champion Danny

Lovell who wrestled at of all places "Union Co." Coach Lovell is now coaching

with the Braves. Colonel wrestling fans should always be grateful to Lovell.

Colonel Head coach J.R. Bryant and coach Brandon Cole along with several

other assistants have dedicated themselves to Henderson Co. wrestling and

helped it come along way in a short period of time..... so give the Colonels

a break...we don't beat our chest about our superior basketball,football,

baseball....you understand...

I could careless about basketball football baseball... what i think it amounts to is the number of people in hendo's school compared to union. Hendo can choose from probably over 2000 people and have great team plus their feeder programs are more elite, unions only feeder program really is the wrestling one and thats why they excel.

I am pretty sure this started with the comment on Union's B team beating Henderson.  The posters who are making a big deal, are sucking on sour grapes so to speak.  I don't believe that anyone is trying take anything away from Henderson's continued success as a growing program.  It is unreasonable to infer what Mr. Shakeandbake meant just by looking at the text.  I am sure most people understand that someone's expression and tone can imply different meanings to what they say.  That cannot be collected from a typed post on a web blog.  All he done was post the result of a match between Union's B team and Henderson County's team and wanted people to reply with their thoughts on it. 

And they did reply, Thank You. If you want to know the truth, my football team was embarresed by Henderson Co. my senior year. I guess I have been grinding an axe for a few years. My appologies.

I think it should be noted that Henderson is having its success while not officially being recognized by the school. Remember any team that starts and continues means success for all of us.