Sign in to follow this  
DrCradle

12-27: Tiger Duals (St. X)

The St. Xavier tigers went 3-1 to day..................

x 64 Harrioson 17

X 62 PRP 12

X 63 Nelson co. 10

X 24 Campbell co (ranked #6) 54

I know ranger doesn't like the tigers, but they keep knocking  off ranked teams.........

everytime they beat  a ranked team they drop in the rankings.....whats up.... must be some of the BCS stuff in football......

Campbell co. looked very stuff......well coached and  tuff to wrestle and opps look out for legs..........

X has beat #7 fern creek

X has beat #12 south oldham

x has beast #17 harrison

X has beat # 18 PRP

X has beat # 24 bulliet central

X has beat # 29 North oldham

X has beat 31 Tates Creek

X has beat #32 Frankling Co.

Guess X will drop to four more places to Number 39.....just like last week...beat ranked teams and drop...

man this wrestling is a tuff sport..........

Wrestling fans guess what.... 7 more weeks...no more rankings.....

The REAL THING.... STATE FINALS>>>>

Alright, I will defend Ranger again.  If you look at the bottom of the rankings, there is a place that says Team & a place that says Team Dual Rankings.  Under team dual rankings, there are 15 teams listed.  There are 2 from each region with the exception of region 1.  St. X is not listed since it looks like Seneca & Trinity will represent Region 4 at the state duals.  As for the Team section, I'll say this slow so please understand, the teams are listed by how Ranger believes they will finish at state based on the wrestlers they have ranked in each weight class.  So here is an example to help you...yes, St. X did beat Harrison Co. handily this year.  They are well coached, have some nice wrestlers & are a very good DUAL team.  However, if the state tournament plays out the way the rankings for individual wrestlers are listed, St. X will not finish higher than Harrison Co.  Ashbrooke & Sanders will more than likely outscore St. X at the state tournament themselves.  That is not to mention the others decent wrestlers Harrison Co. has like Maxwell & Lenz who will probably place at state or at least come close.  So, I hope this clears things up for you a little bit as to why St. X is ranked 35th on the team standings.  You are confusing dual results with tournament results.  Now, if the individual wrestlers like Miller continue to beat opponents ranked ahead of them, then they will move up the INDIVIDUAL rankings.  That in turn will help them move up the TEAM rankings.  You can take all 14 of your varsity wrestlers to the state tournament, but if 1 team there has 2 or 3 real good wrestlers who will place & place high, you will not be ahead of them in the team scoring in the end unless your 14 wrestlers also win matches and place higher.  Before posting sarcasm, please make sure you understand the situation as to not look foolish.

As my name applies I would like a say in this too.  Its all about the placement points at state which only go to 8 wrestlers at a weight class.  You could have a team with the 10th best wrestler in every weight class that would beat almost all other teams in the state in a dual meet however there is no chance that this team could win state.  This hypothetical team would score about 100 points at state but if you look at the results there has never been a year where the winning team scored only 100 points.  1 Champion will score as many points as 4 9-12th place finishers.

I have a suggestion for Mathound and the other moderators. Before anyone is allowed to sign into the forum, they must pass a basic IQ test. They must be able to acknowledge exactly how the ranking "opinions" are generated and be able to differentiate between dual rankings and state tournament rankings. Fewer feelings would be hurt.

You would think someone from X would understand that the rankings don't mean diddley. They know what it is like to be ranked number 1 in the state, nationally recognized only to have it ripped from them in overtime against a team they had already beaten.

St. X should focus on beating Seneca or Trinity and then talk about rankings. 

But they do seem a little under ranked.  Either way come state rankings won't matter. 

I saw a cool quote it went something like this.."...while there are certain matchups on paper that may be predictable,

paper doesn't go out and wrestle."