Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 December 05

Southern    kids ranked : 103-17, 119-15, 130-14, 189-21   

Moore        kids ranked : 124-24, 135-25, 140-17, 160-4, 171-9, 285-9

What team scores the most points at state based on this? MOORE!!!

Could change, more kids ranked and ranked higher.

Guest wrestler92

If what CoachK said is correct missing all those guys though that explains alot, plus if you see moore's ranked kids they have 6 compared to southern's 4.  average for moore is 14.6, whereas southern's is 16.75.  So with 6 guys you would expect them to get more points in the state tournament than only 4.  And moore has one guy who must be pretty good as he is ranked 4th so that's more team points than the four kids from southern would expect to get.  

yH THERS NO WAY MOORE SHOULD BE SO HIGH SOUTHER BEAT THEM

If what CoachK said is correct missing all those guys though that explains alot, plus if you see moore's ranked kids they have 6 compared to southern's 4.  average for moore is 14.6, whereas southern's is 16.75.  So with 6 guys you would expect them to get more points in the state tournament than only 4.  And moore has one guy who must be pretty good as he is ranked 4th so that's more team points than the four kids from southern would expect to get.  

YAH AND WE DONT HAVE OUR PPL WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE WE WERE MISSING A WEIGHT CLASS AND WE STIL ONE WITH TWO POINTS TAKIN OFF FOR SPORTSMAN AND A SHOE LACE

Actually that was changed after the match because the shoelaces are no longer a team point it is just a match point.  So taking that away is what tied the score up and there was no unsportsman conduct just the one mistaken point for the shoe.  Our guys are still up a weight class too until the fat test lets them get down.  So our 160 was 171 and our 171 wrestled up to 189.  but either way it was a good match and we will see how the rest of the season turns out, so far it has started just like it did last year!

YAH AND WE DONT HAVE OUR PPL WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE WE WERE MISSING A WEIGHT CLASS AND WE STIL ONE WITH TWO POINTS TAKIN OFF FOR SPORTSMAN AND A SHOE LACE

i was not saying that we should be higher than moore i am saying that we as a team should be higher than 49th.

like i said before i am not trying to take anything away from anyone.

i as a person thinks Southern should be a lot higher

What happened to the spreadsheet.  to download and print????

Sorry about that.  All of the chaos of Wednesday night threw me off and I forgot to copy the spreadsheet.  And now I have made a thousand updates.  Next Wednesday.

Thanks myGSP.  Glad to see someone has learned over the last couple years how this thing works and can spare me from having answer these questions.  If it makes anyone feel better, Southern is #48 based on the updates I have right now.  Give the season a few weeks to play out and then you can start asking these type of questions.  But please do the homework first, just like GSP layed it out.  There is a formula that calcs the team scores, but lay out the ranked kids and you get a pretty good idea who falls where.

i was not saying that we should be higher than moore i am saying that we as a team should be higher than 49th.

like i said before i am not trying to take anything away from anyone.

i as a person thinks Southern should be a lot higher

yah i agree its not like we suck that bad i mean seriously we are acutly looking pretty good this year and we still aint done improving

how is mitch number 2 he is going to win the state tournament agian.

because the kid he is ranked behind is a two time state champion and returning state champion in that weight class. not to mention he is freakin' awsome.

ranger.

Looking at your rankings I assume you use a different criteria to rank dual teams. In the regular rankings you base it on points scored at state.  Do you base your dual rankings on what you think is going to happen in the individual matchups?

I Would liek to inform everybody that the middle school heavyweight vince staten from mccreary county is wrestling. my record is 12-4 and i got quickest pin award at the king of the bluegrass tournament yesterday. Also i have beaten tyler beckett 2 out of 2 times..both times by pin from a over and under throw.

thats not always how i pin people..i was just there..he shot and looked like he was tying to fly so i hooked him and threw it...lol...and it was like 6 and a half second...a kid from fair dale.. it started and then i pushed his head down, he went to his knees so i basically tackled him and he just layed there... he was so scared at the beginning that he did not even start right his foot was off the line and he was leaning way back...it was so funny...but the person who does ranking needs to put bebop on there...he won king of the bluegrass....also the guy who placed second.. i forgot his name.. i beat in 37 seconds...it  sucked cause the brackets were messed up...

Two people that look like they should be ranked alot higher are Oldham's 215 [wow. He is one of the fastest 215's i've ever seen] and the 171 from JH.

I thought he was gonna ware Derek down. He was hitting some pretty deep shots but never finished. I think that would be an amazing state finals match. Definately the match of the night in my opinion. Or at least the best finals match of the night.

Chiba's power was no match for Derek's technique and that was proven by Derek's early 2nd period pin.  Chiba has improved tremendously and with a little better conditioning he will be tough.  It is not a stretch to say he is top 8 at the 215 weight class and in fact I think he is.  He does have a very good blast double, but needs to develop a little more than just a power game.  Other wrestlers at the Lonesome who impressed me were Alex Murphy (112 from John Hardin) & Ricky Wright (145 from Seneca).  They both looked very good for this early in the season.