Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 December 05

215 could have been a way better finals match if Chiba didn't ware down immediately after the first period. He was so tired looking, he didn't even have a prayer once he was on bottom.

Alex Murphy is very talented and will make some noise in the near future.  He has a strong work ethic and has been working hard since last year to get better.  Alex and his older brother Jordan have spent many weekends in Ohio over the summer at camps getting ready for this season.  Looks like its already paying off.  :wink: 

Murphy did have a great tournament, but in my opinion Frasier didn't look very impressive at lonesome. He was very slow and out of shape, he seemed to struggle with every opponent. He didn't look like the #2 kid    in the state or anywhere close to it. Murphy would have had a lot of trouble with some other highly ranked  112s like Dan Smith or Jeff Warra.               

Murphy did have a great tournament, but in my opinion Frasier didn't look very impressive at lonesome. He was very slow and out of shape, he seemed to struggle with every opponent. He didn't look like the #2 kid    in the state or anywhere close to it. Murphy would have had a lot of trouble with some other highly ranked  112s like Dan Smith or Jeff Warra.               

For not even being ranking :-o, I believe Murphy has beat'n all the bold, the schedule showed that John has wrestled those schools and I think his only lost was to Travis Sullivan.

He'll wrestle:11,12,15 next weekend at the Region 2 duals.

DEC. 22, Central Hardin Bruin Duals, John will match up against: Trinity, Union County

Fairdale, Meade County, Moore.

Time will tell if he is for real or a pretender, he may even have trouble with Smith or Warra senior/junior; but then again he is only an 8th grader.

Maybe, ranger ranks him 16th Wednesday.  If he wins out this weekend, then he can jump to 7th :roll:

1  Way Co  Travis Sullivan  12

2  Mon Co  Ross Carpenter-Fraser  12

3  Tri  Dan Smith  12

4  Sen  Jeff Warra  11

8  Ryle  Michael Osbourne  10

11  NH  Coty Wood  11

12  Lar Co  Joey Henderson  10

15  CH  Kyle Terry    9

22  Laf  Jimmy Lacy    9

23  Whit Co  Duncan Caddell    9

he did not beat osbourne. he got beat 9-4.

See I was mistaken, if he wins out this weekend he can be top ten :-D.

My apologies to 8  Ryle Michael Osbourne  10 for the error :wink:

as noted he is only a 8th grader who only started wrestling last year.  You have to remember kids at this age with this little experience can look great one week and awful the next.  give the kid some time. and i think all anklepick was saying he was able to get to this point was because he worked so hard over the summer.

because the kid he is ranked behind is a two time state champion and returning state champion in that weight class.  not to mention he is freakin' awsome.

No offense to Ervin (he is a beast), but ditto.  I expect an awesome showdown in Frankfort.  One for the ages.

ranger.

Looking at your rankings I assume you use a different criteria to rank dual teams. In the regular rankings you base it on points scored at state.  Do you base your dual rankings on what you think is going to happen in the individual matchups?

Exactly.  I spent a little time looking at the dual matchups, but honestly not as much as I would have liked (I do have to work sometimes).  So I made some predictions on pins, techs, majors, and wins.

Exactly.  I spent a little time looking at the dual matchups, but honestly not as much as I would have liked (I do have to work sometimes).  So I made some predictions on pins, techs, majors, and wins.

Ranger, you're the man. I have no idea how you do all these calculations. My math homework took me about an hour the other night and the exponents aren't even divisible by tech-falls or pins.  :-D. I hope everyone appreciates how much time you put into these.

See I was mistaken, if he wins out this weekend he can be top ten :-D.

My apologies to 8  Ryle Michael Osbourne  10 for the error :wink:

How is he going to jump right over #10 Daniel Wiexler FC.  Wex just beat the #11 North Hardin kid in the finals of the KOB.  good match ended in OT.

Henderson County placed above Fort Knox at the Orange and Black tournament. THey actually placed second behing Brentwood Academy in a 13 team tournament. Fort Campbell was there also. 46 may be a little low, but 24 for Fort Knox seems to be a huge mistake unless they are just missing alot of key guys. Their heavyweight wrestled Brentwoods heavy weight in the finals. Thought it would be a better match. Brentwood dominated. That 15 year old 285 pound beast was mean! Lets just see how the year shapes up. Should be interesting.................. :-D

colonelcoach2007,

Rangers predictions are based on STATE results. You get major points for state champions ex. Anothony Bailey and not to mention another state placer in the line up.

It is hard to rank teams right now.  The biggest thing to realize is that most teams do not have thier full line-up or guys at proper wts.  We now know how wrestling teams feel with good football teams.  With Central winning state, we will not have all the guys back until next week.  We have been wrestling with 50% of the team.  That is not to mention the new guys that will come out off of the football team that will contribute.

Bailey will score more points himself for Ft. Knox than most the state qualifiers for henderson will score. Bryce Alexander will contribute but not enough to make up for Bailey's scores. And Brentwood is in Tennessee so it wont matter how much a beast that guy is, Bailey wont see him at state.

why isnt' dc evans ranked from whitley, he beat vinsant from wayne and has only lost one match which was to shawn johnson from lafayette who took fifth at 103 last year

why isnt' dc evans ranked from whitley, he beat vinsant from wayne and has only lost one match which was to shawn johnson from lafayette who took fifth at 103 last year

check your facts evans is ranked 4th at 119

Oh, thats a great match.. Donnell should be ranked alot higher.. Does he plan on dropping to 140? :mrgreen:

He was at 140 at Tates Creek last week.  Not sure, but the weight loss may have affected him, because he didn't appear to be at the top of his game.