Sign in to follow this  
Guest acwrestler32

pre season conditioning

Guest acwrestler32

have any schools started preseason conditioning or weight lifting. anderson county has.

anybody else?

Moore started on the 4th of September. We do 18 days in 6 weeks. We don't go to the weight room. We get our strength workouts in other various forms.

lol guys this is wrestling not

Rocky Balboa or 300

its cool but you guys  still dont look that big or that strong...get a bigger tire...only thing that looks worth doing is the sledge hammer thats just cuz i saw it on rocky balboa...but yea have fun doing that ill just hit the weight room....works much better see ya in the season

Teams do what works best for them and I'm sure Coach Thomas believes this is the case with his workout program.  By the way, what they do not only works on strength, but also works muscle flexibility, which is key in wrestling.  I wouldn't put down another team's conditioning program, especially before the upcoming season.  You just give them more fuel for the fire.  Meadecowrestler, I believe you wrestle 171, is that correct?  Well if you have to see Ethan Dunn from Moore this year, we will see if this conditioning program worked for him! :-o  Good luck this year.

well caldwell should be starting soon but with the retirement of Coach Walls after bieng involved with this wrestling program for 29 years, it might be set back an extra week or two, but i think coach nichols and jason will do a good job of gettin us ready for the season, which means more lifting weights, bear crawls and push ups

Guest wrestler92

The only reason I would do something is because I saw it on a hollywood movie of a guy who was unstoppable too.  It worked for his "real" boxing so it must be good for this too huh?  I think this really is more of an aerobic workout, muscle flexibility, as well as strength, wonder if it has anything to do with maybe like the worlds strongest man contest.  They don't sit there and do bench press then dead lift than squats.....hhhhhmmmmm.  And generally speaking the ones that do the best are not bodybuilders either.

lol guys this is wrestling not

Rocky Balboa or 300

its cool but you guys  still dont look that big or that strong...get a bigger tire...only thing that looks worth doing is the sledge hammer thats just cuz i saw it on rocky balboa...but yea have fun doing that ill just hit the weight room....works much better see ya in the season

I've seen the Meade County kids, built like tanks but just like a tank they burn a lot of fuel quickly. they are often done after the 1st period.

Keep hitting that weight room. Seems you have forgot that muscular endurance, stamina, and cardiorespiratory endurance are a big part of wrestling, research some interval training while your at it. matter of fact do tons of research on combat sports conditioning because obviously you know nothing. do some research on kettlebells as well.

thats fine, keep doing your bench press. it may be useful to you to press someone off while your on your back

I got your back Moore, hehe

GO REDHAWKS!!!

lol yea your right we are built lke tanks and we did burn fuel pretty quickly last year but if anyone saw us during the beginning of the season, we were i guess well oiled is the word but we got lazy but expect to see us "tanks " with a little bit bigger gas tank this year....oh and just to clarify im sorry that my post seemed idk the word disrespectfull but naw i thought it was funny to see those cuz ive actually been wantting to try some of those workouts .....but yea the guy from moore cant wait to see him i guess ill see if my bench press can match up with his sledgehammer or if my squat can match up with his kettle bell squats...and lastly if my hills can match up to your laps around the track...i guess we will see at state or a tourn. but lookin forward to it honestly ...and sorry bout the post...and thanks for the commet bout us being tanks ...lol was funny

oh and trent......not all bench press is about strenght its about endurance......stamina and all that good stuff u brought up....buddy...and i do look up combat .....whatever your liked to call it i box as well but as for me not knowing what im talking about when it comest to working out dont ry and compare your self to me no offense i know more about different lifts and combination lifts to get you in top shape than even my coach does..its what i do and im pretty good at it too....but i perfer the basic lifts ....cuz they mean alot to us at meade county....pride...but thank what you want well all just have to see when i see your schools....peace

oh and trent......not all bench press is about strenght its about endurance......stamina and all that good stuff u brought up....buddy...and i do look up combat .....whatever your liked to call it i box as well but as for me not knowing what im talking about when it comest to working out dont ry and compare your self to me no offense i know more about different lifts and combination lifts to get you in top shape than even my coach does..its what i do and im pretty good at it too....but i perfer the basic lifts ....cuz they mean alot to us at meade county....pride...but thank what you want well all just have to see when i see your schools....peace

wow someone thinks awfully high of themselves!.  So it sounds like you should be the coach since you know so much.  But hey i bet he would love to hear that.  And nobody asked for your bitter sarcasm it was ridiculous and made you look foolish but hey its your opinion. Good luck to you and one more thing i hope you know any 171's that see these posts are going to gun for you but whatever floats your boat "tank"

is this the same guy that got owned by salter last year if so i hope ur got urself well oiled filled up on gas and maybe learned a trick or 2 cuz ur gonna need it