Sign in to follow this  
DUSTIN

Mitch or Harrison?

No offense to Harrison Courtney. He is good, he's a two-time state champ, but he won't be able to compete with Mitch Ervin. I've wrestled them both. Mitch is a way better wrestler all-around. Courtney is good on the mat but Mitch is too good at takedowns and on the mat. Thueneman should have beaten Harrison in the semi's last year. It'll be a good match, but I'm confident Mitch will come out on top.

Thueneman should have beat Courtney and Golsby should have beat Ervin.  Courtney placed 3rd at soph nationals, and from what I heard he was ripped off or else he would have been in the finals.  No offense to you or anyone else on this thread, but people are saying it's going to be a pin, and Mitch is "way" better.  No way.  It'll be a close match.  You guys are building Mitch Ervin up to be superman.  He's not that good.  He looked good against Banks, but I also think he matched up very well against Banks.  Banks had very little on the mat, and was good but not great on his feet.  Once Ervin was able to take him down, the match was over.  The rest of the tournament Mitch looked good...but not dominating. 

You rarely if ever see the Woodford guys on this message board talking smack anymore.  I bet they read it though, and i bet Courtney will be ready come state. 

Thueneman should have beat Courtney and Golsby should have beat Ervin.  Courtney placed 3rd at soph nationals, and from what I heard he was ripped off or else he would have been in the finals.  No offense to you or anyone else on this thread, but people are saying it's going to be a pin, and Mitch is "way" better.  No way.  It'll be a close match.  You guys are building Mitch Ervin up to be superman.  He's not that good.  He looked good against Banks, but I also think he matched up very well against Banks.  Banks had very little on the mat, and was good but not great on his feet.  Once Ervin was able to take him down, the match was over.  The rest of the tournament Mitch looked good...but not dominating. 

You rarely if ever see the Woodford guys on this message board talking smack anymore.  I bet they read it though, and i bet Courtney will be ready come state. 

harrison was without a doubt ripped off at sophmore nationals, he was losing by one and petersoned the guy with like twelve seconds left(and held him there) and the ref didn't even issue a loss of control. I just think that there is a reason behind this 2 time state champ and I think Ervin will figure it out the hard way.

I think Mitch is too strong for Courtney, he's the beastliest looking 152 I've seen. Also I don't see any reason why Theunamen should have beaten him. When they were on the mat Mitch just played with him.

Did you see harrison on his feet last year at state?

Terrible.

He's got matt skills, but he can't win from his feet.

Thuenamen came back from a 6 point defecit to tie the match ON HIS FEET.

Mitch Ervin will walk over Harrison Courtney. You wait and see.

thats ridiculous, youre never terrrible on your feet when you're #1 in the state for two years (soon to be 4) and #3 in the nation (should've been #1, got screwed on a peterson to the guy that won)

I can't say who would win, I haven't seen Ervin wrestle enough.  I can guarantee that Courtney will be much improved this year on his feet.  I just have to respond to one thing.

Mitch is better off of his feet but he's not a slouch on bottom at all just look where he beat banks. He's a great leg rider to say the least. But if mitch wanted too he could win the match on his feet. My coach always tells us "if you can take a guy down, you can beat him". All mitch has to do is take him down, let em' back up and repeat. cam bibbs from CCHS used to do this to all of his opponents and is the only guy i've ever seen to tech a guy by taking him down and giving him an escape 15 times!

I will agree that this is the case most times but have you ever heard of Mitch Clark (1998, Ohio State) and Jason Powell (2004, Nebraska)?  Both won a national title over someone who was superior on their feet.  However somehow Clark and Powell ended up on top and tech-falled their opponents in the first period with legs.

Is it possible that one or both of these wrestlers could be or may even want to be in Wolsifers weight class this year;and if so what do think will happen.

It's not even an issue with me when it comes to technique. I know that Harrison is technically superior. I just think that Mitch has something to him that isn't gonna lose if he wrestles his match. I will say one thing that I experienced first hand and you can quote me on this: Mitch Ervin will win UNLESS Courtney can keep the match on the mat. He will flat out tilt and turn  Mitch until his head spins. I think that Mitch will win though because I think he is capable of keeping the match on his feet.