Sign in to follow this  
DUSTIN

Mitch or Harrison?

Ok i like getting opinons on wrestlers so who do u think will win between Mitch Or Courtney Either way it will be a awsome match

M-I-T-C-H  E-R-V-I-N. The kid is a robot. lol. He's serious as a heart attack and twice as deadly. [i sound like my grandpa tellin' one of his stories]. He's the guy to beat at 152. I think he's gonna run that weight class next season.

Guest acwrestler32

courtney hands down but thats just my oppinion. if they wrestled he would win 5-4 by decission in double overtime

I have watched Mitch wrestle for a few years. I am from Union County, but it is really tough to say. Harrison is tough. Last year Mitch found a way to win the close matches. That is the final I am looking forward to see this year at state. I think the winner will get MOW.

IDK i like mitch in this 1 because he looked like he had more muscle than harrison but idk and i agree with colonel coach the winner will get MOW 

IDK i like mitch in this 1 because he looked like he had more muscle than harrison but idk and i agree with colonel coach the winner will get MOW 

You can't go on muscle because Pat Banks(who they both wrestled in the state finals, different years) had a lot more muscle than the both of them.

They are just two fundamentally sound wrestlers and would make for a very close match.

#1 fan, I'm not quite for sure what you are getting at.  Banks went the distance against Armstrong from Caldwell and Hitchings from Trinity at state last year so those were 2 full matches.  I know he wrestled more than 2 matches before state because he wrestled at least 2 matches at Regionals and he won the Five Star Classic at Lafayette so that is at least 5 matches.  As a matter of fact, his record entering state was listed at 28-1.  The year before I don't know what his record was but he went the distance in the quarterfinals and the semi-finals.  It sounds like he had plenty of matches last year & the year before.  Bottom line is he is a very good wrestler, but he just got beat by Courtney and Ervin.

Courtney would win. He is by far the best matt wrestler in the state. The only way mitch would have a chance would be if the whole match was on their feet. He will not be able to ride courtney and may even get granby'd or shrugged and give up backs. He will at the very least not be able to get away on bottom and could get turned or tilted. Courtneys arrsenal on the matt is just to great. He amazed me at nationals, and got screwed out of a national championship. He is truley a technical master for his age. Mitch will need luck on his side to stand a chance, he will be overwhelmed by courtney's ability to score points.

This will be a great match. Here's how I see it. The general consensous here it will be a close match. I agree. Much of it will have to do how or who is officiating. Courtney is a great down wrestler but, there are respected refs around here that will call stalling if the top wrestler isn't turning the guy for back points. That's a different topic. A stalling call in the neutral position is less likely. Irvin is impressive on his feet and is more likely to take risk. Another plus for Irvin is the tutelage he is receiving from the master of "funk wrestling", Ben Askren. Huge risk-taker in any position.

Both are great. Harrison Courtney is great high school wrestler with near flawless technique. Mitch Irvin, it appears has his wrestling stylings ready for the next level.

The ref will be under more pressure than either wrestler in this one. Strength and conditioning being equal, I'm giving the nod to Irvin due to the officiating in Kentucky.

I've wrestled both. I can honestly say that I think Mitch is goin' flat out impose his will on Harrison. Anything can happen but I just don't see Courtney winning. Nothin' against him.

Did you see harrison on his feet last year at state?

Terrible.

He's got matt skills, but he can't win from his feet.

Thuenamen came back from a 6 point defecit to tie the match ON HIS FEET.

Mitch Ervin will walk over Harrison Courtney. You wait and see.

and when mitch brings him to the ground with his leg takedowns, Harrison will scramble and rack up back points. You can't say that one position is more dominate than the other... so what he is better than harrison on his feet, harrison is way better on the ground, prolly a lot better now because if mitch trained in russia or whatever all summer like somebody on here said, then he prolly got a lot better at takedowns, and not much better on ground wrestling since all they do is freestyle, my money is on Harrison.

If what I hear is correct though.  High school wrestling just took another step towards freestyle this year.

The offensive wrestler can tell the official that he wants to go takedowns any time he wants.  The official will give the defensive (bottom) wrestler 1 points and start them on their feet.

Except for the few seconds after a takedown there will be no mat wrestling if they don't want to.

No more gramby's from Scott High, and no more pettersons from Campbell.  :-o

yes i was being sarcastic, but if he really did train in Russia all summer then that is insane, buy I don't think he did

that is a BAD idea, thats nothing like ncaa, we focus wayy too much on takedowns. mat wrestling is what makes usa wrestling totally different from international freestyle. did somebody forget that the point of wrestling is to pin your opponent?

No offense to Harrison Courtney. He is good, he's a two-time state champ, but he won't be able to compete with Mitch Ervin. I've wrestled them both. Mitch is a way better wrestler all-around. Courtney is good on the mat but Mitch is too good at takedowns and on the mat. Thueneman should have beaten Harrison in the semi's last year. It'll be a good match, but I'm confident Mitch will come out on top.

Mitch is better off of his feet but he's not a slouch on bottom at all just look where he beat banks. He's a great leg rider to say the least. But if mitch wanted too he could win the match on his feet. My coach always tells us "if you can take a guy down, you can beat him". All mitch has to do is take him down, let em' back up and repeat. cam bibbs from CCHS used to do this to all of his opponents and is the only guy i've ever seen to tech a guy by taking him down and giving him an escape 15 times!