Sign in to follow this  
hacker

Travis Sullivan and Dalton Evans

Who would win in the rematch?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the rematch?

• Travis Sullivan
    • Dalton Evans

you know its sad to hear all these guys say "could have should have would have" but fact of the matter  is travis owned evans all year. state was not the first time these two had faced each other. as everyone knows sullivan was undefeated. and as for the match at state,it is not the guy who leads the most laps in a race that wins,it is the guy who leads the last lap that wins!!!!!!!

Good point.  BUT, I'm sure that if Evans had caught Sullivan late in the match to win, then lots of people would be making the same sort of comments the other way.

grappler - I'm not sure how many times they met during the season, but at region the score was 7-6.  So it wasn't like Sullivan was surprised in the state finals or it was a fluke.  Evans had already proven he could hang with Sullivan.

This seems typical of Sullivan.  He either pins his opponent or wins by 1 or 2 points.  He is not a big point scorer, and is hard to score points on.  How many matches in the last few years has Sullivan won by only a couple of points. 

Maybe this is why everyone doubts him.

But he always seems to pull out the win.  The sign of a true champion. 

Considering that Zarth could have went 112 (but bumped for the better of the team) I'm pretty sure he will be going 119 again next year.

Considering that Zarth could have went 112 (but bumped for the better of the team) I'm pretty sure he will be going 119 again next year.

119 is shaping up to be a really tough weight especially if these three are all there along with a couple returning 119 such as Johnson. Don't forget about little Voth or Spencer both very capable of wrestling tough.

Thats like 160 this year: Wolsiefer, ervin and Choate... should make for an interesting state tournament

Choate only weighed 154 this past year and did little to loose weight.  This was for the team but who knows where he will be next year. :wink:

Choate only weighed 154 this past year and did little to loose weight.  This was for the team but who knows where he will be next year. :wink:

I think Choate and Stengel are droppin' to 103 and 112 next season. :-D

I put my money on Dalton i mean he was in total control the whole match and nearly had a fall in the finals i think that he has the edge when it comes to technique Sullivan just caught him nappin and capitalized on Dalton's mistake ....... thats my opinion

i think that we will just have to wait and see when season starts in the fall.  I go to school with d.c. and he says he's going whatever weight sullivan goes and he's pretty confident he can pull the upset.  I definitely want to be there to see it.

i think that we will just have to wait and see when season starts in the fall.  I go to school with d.c. and he says he's going whatever weight sullivan goes and he's pretty confident he can pull the upset.  I definitely want to be there to see it.

Sounds like a real trooper.

It would be interesting to see them both bump up to 119 and face Zarth :D

zarth would have to step up big to beat these guys. He did take 119 easily, but in my opinion 112 was a much harder weight class. 119 was interesting because all of the top guys were close in skill level, but the talent at 112 just blew the 119s out of the water.