archibaldhumperdink

wolsifer-reid-starks

Who is the better wrestler of the three  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better wrestler of the three

• wolseifer
    • reid
    • starks

None of them will win since they are different weights. But I'll say Richard Starks would wup lil brother, then kick some serious tail on all of the above. I'll bet if Richard stays in shape he can even beat the dreaded Murton tag team brothers that beat the Killer Whale and Grizzly Bear.

None of them will win since they are different weights. But I'll say Richard Starks would wup lil brother, then kick some serious tail on all of the above. I'll bet if Richard stays in shape he can even beat the dreaded Murton tag team brothers that beat the Killer Whale and Grizzly Bear.

Your attempt to be funny failed.

Your attempt to be funny failed.

Not really trying to be funny Penguin so much as point out that theres no way to determine who really has the most valid opinion here. The whole topic is hypothetical and we'll never know who is really the better between the three. The best we can do is respect each of their accomplishments for what they are and not diminish them by trying to say someone at a different weight is really the best. They are all CHAMPS at their weight!

I don't know what all of you'll are on but Starks would beat both of them.  Starks is a better wrestler than Reid and the weight advantage would help him out as well.  With Starks at 189 and Wolsiefer at 160 the weight discrepancy would be too much.  I do think that pound for pound Wolsiefer is a better wrestler and at the same weight he would win.  Between Wolsiefer and Reid, Wolsiefer would win him in a close match.  The weight would come into play; Reid looked pretty strong, but Wolsiefer would wear him out.

i dont know about that but starks would have not won state if the ture winner of the kelly and jones match would have wrestled. I know kelly would have killed starks in the fianls i think he may have even pinned starks.

i dont know about that but starks would have not won state if the ture winner of the kelly and jones match would have wrestled. I know kelly would have killed starks in the fianls i think he may have even pinned starks.

ive been waiting for someone to say that...kelly is a BEAST ofa sophomore!

If Kelly is the kid from Sheldon Clark I'll agree he is a beast.  However part of the wrestling match is conditioning and during that match I believe he was dead tired.  I also think I saw him pretty tired in another match as well.  If Starks would have been able to weather the early storm, which I think he would have, then in the third period it would have been lights out, not a pin but a decisive victory.

I have to say Starks would have handled Kelly quite handily I have seen Kelly wrestle quite a bit over the years and i dont think his gas tank is near big enough for someone like starks who gets stronger as the match goes on.

kelly can push his self when it means alot i saw him at grundy this year when it came time to push he fisined strong and won i do think kelly would kill starks and if you watch both of them like i have you would think the same thing

kelly can push his self when it means alot i saw him at grundy this year when it came time to push he fisined strong and won i do think kelly would kill starks and if you watch both of them like i have you would think the same thing

I agree with this. I don't know if he would kill Starks, but I think he would win. That kid is amazing for a sophomore. I wish I could havd seen him in the finals. Maybe next year.

He still wouldn't have beat Starks.

yeah kelly would did you even watch the fanils this year starks was having a hard time with jones. kelly beat jones that all to be said b\if he dind't hurt his arm ryan kelly would be a state champion right now

Yes I watched the finals and the only reason the score was close between the two is because they have wrestled each other so many times.  Starks would have beaten Kelly.

jones knows what to do not to let starks score on him thats why the score was so close in the finals but starks would pick apart the brute strength of ryan kelly and i would say starks would beat him 8-2 or so

Kelly is tough noone can disagree , but Starks just keeps going no matter what.His conditioning was questionable at first when he came back from injury but after a week or two it was like he never missed a beat,He just gets stronger as the match goes on.And plain and simple he knows how to take a kid down very well and with extreme prejudice.

Overtimeking where were you during the State Tournament?  Why are you always putting SC wrestlers down?  Starks and Kelly did not meet up this season. Would have been a great match, Like to have seen it.  Both are great wrestlers.  Kelly will bounce back from his injury and be ready for Jones next year.

They are both capable of beating one another, and as we all know wrestling is all about who wrestles better that particular day.  But if I had to bet (which I do not do) I would go with Kelly suprising a lot of people. 

I think the reason kelly beat jones is simple. They both wrestle upper body . Jones is a staller and just looks for a big move. When jones went for a single kelly tossed him to his back . Jones can't beat someone as big as kelly without actually wrestling. And I know will would have destroyed kelly just based on a style clash. will would have taken him down many times. Kelly's only chance would be to hit a throw. And i don't see that happening.

I'll agree that Kelly gave Jones a Great match and may have won it had he not been injuried,  But I wouldn't have counted Jones out until the final second was gone. He has won a few in the last seconds from behind. I personally think Jones was surprised with Kelly's strengh. As far as Kelly having any moves, I didn't see many. Most of his point were from Jones attemping a move on him. That was the first time they had wrestled each other. I don't think Jones will make the same mistakes twice.

yeah kelly would did you even watch the fanils this year starks was having a hard time with jones. kelly beat jones that all to be said b\if he dind't hurt his arm ryan kelly would be a state champion right now

You cant say what if...they didnt wrestle. Mark Jones won and then lost to Will. Plain and simple Will Starks is your state champ at 189. This thread has nothing to do w/ Ryan Kelly its about Jones, Reid, and Starks or so I assumed from the title?? :?

You cant say what if...they didnt wrestle. Mark Jones won and then lost to Will. Plain and simple Will Starks is your state champ at 189. This thread has nothing to do w/ Ryan Kelly its about Jones, Reid, and Starks or so I assumed from the title?? :?

Wolsifer-reid-starks.... thats what this is about.

IMO I would take Starks over Reid , dont get me wrong but Reid hasnt really done anything to impress me I mean hes beaten some decent quality wrestlers but so has Starks, also Starks is very solid on his feet that is where he would pick Reid apart and wear him down,and I think it would be a very close match on their feet between Wolseifer and Starks because they are both very solid on their feet that one is a toss up