Sign in to follow this  
Skwrestling119

Biggest dissapointments of the state tournament

Guest wrestler92

If it's true I heard that someone at 135#'s was overweight the second day by like 6.5 pounds, above the 1 pound weight allowance!!  If that's true that has to be the most disappointing one.

adam carr and robbie vaughn were the 2 major upsets in my opinion. Vaughn just got an unlucky draw, pretty much same for carr, but they both could've beaten the two that they lost to.

I agree sheeves it kinda seemed like they werent all there... to bad for carr he's a great wrestler and he will be missed next year.. but for vaughn i bet he will try hard and take a run next year(I hope i hate to see wasted talent)

i agree skwrestling119 vaughn was a huge dissappointment

I agree. Robbie Vaughn is a great kid and a fine example of how a wrestler should behave on and off the mat. His first loss was tough to watch. He unknowingly stuck himself. Then he wrestled his match against Jarvis Elam with an injured hand. This was a kid that I thought would make it to the finals. Sad to see him not even place.

I was very dissapointed when Ryan Kelly dislocated his shoulder when he was only 23 seconds from the state finals.  :-(

Yeah, judging by the way he was dominating Mark Jones, I think we would have had a different state champion. But there is still next year and the year after for him.

Yeah, judging by the way he was dominating Mark Jones, I think we would have had a different state champion. But there is still next year and the year after for him.

I believe he will be aged out before he is a senior, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe he will be aged out before he is a senior, if I'm not mistaken.

Ryan is only 16 as a sophmore, hes built like he is 23, but he will only be 18 his senior year so he won't be aged out.

i think Steve Vaughn getting pinned by Trey King in the second round was a bit of a dissapointment... i was happy for Trey King though.

And Ben Case losing to Ben Winkler for 7th was a VERY big disappointment to me!

donnell davis was a dissapointment for meand adam carr.

Donnell Davis got injured in his first match with Harbolt from Trinity.  They both went to the mat extremely hard and neither one got a hand out to stop the fall.  Davis jammed his shoulder very bad and it might require surgery but he wrestled two more matches after in a extreme amount of pain.  Harbolt got a mild concussion and was not cleared to wrestle on Friday even though he said he felt fine.  It was a very tough break for Davis being a senior but Harbolt is only a freshman.  Davis wrestled his last two with heart because his arm was shot.

Donnell Davis is only a junior this year so he still has one more year thankfully.

i hope that donnell will be able to bounce back and do extremely well next year in state because he will be a senior next year and it is his last chance to prove himself as a highschool wrestler

I was very dissapointed when Ryan Kelly dislocated his shoulder when he was only 23 seconds from the state finals.

agreed.

i was disappointed any time an underdog lost... i guess that's partially because i'm a girl... and we're stupid like that... cough.

I thought Zeppa would place for sure, if not make it to the finals.

Coty Lewis getting beat in 1st round, and then losing again.

Ryan Dillon not placing.